PDA

View Full Version : PS3

harpstilidie
02/01/2008, 12:29 PM
Lads, im thinking of getting a 40gb ps3 this week sometime and i'm pretty sure it doesn't come with an ethernet cable and as i just have broadband and not wireless broadband don't i need to buy one to get online?
Another question....i have a rubbish enough tv to play it on so is it worth getting a HD ready tv??
Cheers :)

EAFC_rdfl
02/01/2008, 12:50 PM
I am in the same boat, wana get a ps3 but feel I need to get HD tv to make it worth while. any advice would be great! As for the internet connection - I'd get a wireless router for the broadband rather than connecting more cables to the ps3, next thing some one will trip :D

RĂ©iteoir
02/01/2008, 1:44 PM
Wireless setup on the PS3 is a piece of cake - just get it to automatically scan for the router and it does the rest for you

The 40GB version isn't bundled with an Ethernet Cable (but has WI-FI capabilities on board)

As for the TV thing - I've got mine running through a bog standard TFT monitor I use for my PC (it has a scart input on it) - and the quality is fine

Blue-Army
05/01/2008, 12:29 AM
The 40GB version isn't bundled with an Ethernet Cable (but has WI-FI capabilities on board)
Is it true that you can't play PS2 games on the 40GB version?

SPXcyan
05/01/2008, 12:52 AM
Yep its true!! tho you can download it and will work fine :)