PDA

View Full Version : Athlone Town 0 - 1 Dublin City

atfconline
06/06/2003, 9:01 PM
What to say, other than never let Dan Deady or his officials in Saint Mel's again.

Oh No
07/06/2003, 1:12 AM
Was Deady that the ref? He wasn't too bad!!!

Hey, no excuses!

We were terribly poor with no game plan. Players were left on the bench that should have been on from the start and I'm not talking about Jackson.

Dublin City didn't even need a goalkeeper tonight!!!!!

Shine (instead of Frawley), Harney (instead of Rush) and maybe a different 'keeper should have been on from the start.

Jimmy did some funny things tonight!!!

atfconline
07/06/2003, 1:36 AM
While we certainly didn't deserve to win, neither did they.

I didn't think the ref was great though, apart from letting the goal stand. In case anyone didn't see it, it was an Athlone throw, but was given to Dublin. They scored straight from the throw. Then he booked Gavin for protesting! Gave a free against us for giving off that he messed up our free near the end, and booked O'Brien for kicking the ball away out of frustration.

I thought he let City away with far too much throughout the game as well.

As for Jackson, wasn't on the pitch a minute before he almost made a mess out of a backpass. As the fella beside me pointed out, he can't even run!

Oh No
09/06/2003, 10:40 PM
I actually didn' see the goal incident you talk about as I was standing at the far side, I did wonder what all the protesting was about. They shouldn't have scored though; it was poor defence that allowed the shot in and I also thought Moran should have saved.

Another huge disappointment was the crowd. The Star's estimation was about 200, I counted about 150 supporters. This is possibly the smallest crowd in a long long time.