PDA

View Full Version : City -v- Pat's Update

tiktok
06/06/2003, 6:55 PM
Penalty for Pat's
Doyle foul on Livingstone

1-0 to Pat's, Tony Bird after five minutes:(

as an aside, Dolan got awarded a piece of crystal before the game and got a standing ovetion from the Pats fans.

thecorner
06/06/2003, 7:06 PM
3 PENALTIES IN 2 GAMES:confused:
its not as if we r a dirty side

yur man
06/06/2003, 7:07 PM
i take it yur listenin to http://www.newstalk106.ie too :)

tiktok
06/06/2003, 7:10 PM
trapped in the states so of course i am. happy out with a beer (at 12noon for shame) and a bag of crisps (not tayto though).

tiktok
06/06/2003, 7:36 PM
1-0 to Pat's,

Cioty started brightly but faded a little after the goal and Pats created most of the chances, and going close on a number of occasions. Devine producing two good saves. O'halloran and O'callaghan had shots for city, Doyle went close with a header from a corner late on. Dolan needs to pull quite the half time recovery out.

in other games
UCD 1-0 Bohs :)
Drogs 1-0 Rovers :)
Ireland 1-0 Albania (graham barrett)

tiktok
06/06/2003, 8:02 PM
i've not heard a line up definitely but i think it's

Devine
Carey Bennett Murray Hedderman
Doyle O'Grady O'Halloran Woods
Behan O'Callaghan

yur man
06/06/2003, 8:38 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss ssssssss

1-1

tiktok
06/06/2003, 8:42 PM
Injury time equaliser by Denis Behan. All over, ends a draw.
Sounds like Pat's were the better side, but i don't really care. At last a goal from someone other than O'flynn and O'Callaghan.
:D :D

thecorner
06/06/2003, 8:44 PM
bout time we got a last minute goal
also looks like we will make up ground on rovers and bohs

AND ALSO
:) WE HAVE OUR 3RD GOALSCORER:)

tiktok
06/06/2003, 8:55 PM
yeah, about time we had a slice of luck, apparently the penalty was a little controversial, although someone who was actually at the game would be better to comment on that. Behan's goal was meant to be nice. We have gained on Bohs and Rovers too:-

UCD 2-1 Bohs
Drogs 1-0 Rovers

still though, happy as i am with a last gasp draw, it's only three points from a possible eighteen. that's still relegation form. :(

Real ale Madrid
06/06/2003, 9:48 PM
That's a huge psychological boost for us. Big result.

Btw. Drogs 1-1 Rvs when last I heard.

Ali
06/06/2003, 9:53 PM
Scum Rovers beat Drogs 2-1 and move into second

Eric
06/06/2003, 11:05 PM
Colin T started in midfield instead of O'Grady tonight, had an alright game. Coty had most of the play but were again lacking in that little bit of creativity to open teams up and create decent chances.

Not sure bout peno, couldn't really see it too well down our end but the ref was pro pats.

Behan's goal was a cracker, volley from just outside the box into the bottom corner. Cue wild celebrations from the travelling crew which were still ongoing when the city team came out to warm down!!!!!

Overall I think we deserved a draw but something has to be done to sort out that bit of creativity we are lacking

Dr.Nightdub
06/06/2003, 11:27 PM
Youse got out of jail tonight. If it hadn't been for a shocking defensive mix-up, youse wouldn't have equalised. Mind you, it was our own fault for sitting back and letting youse try to come at us, we should've had youse dead and buried by half time.

I say "try" cos apart from O'Callaghan, there was no-one in the Cork team who looked capable of putting their foot on the ball and playing it on the deck. Dolan should tell your number 6 to stop trying to shoot, it's a complete waste of time and just ends up with the opposition getting a goal kick every time.

No doubt about the peno, it looked fairly clear cut from the Camac.

Also from the Camac, no welcome back for either Dolan or Kevin Doyle, the PA announcer had to ask us to stop booing Doyle, god love his fragile little heart. As for Dolan, "Eamonn Collins' red and white army" got the message across.

By the way, there was talk in McDowells afterwards that Dolan had tried kicking in the door of the home dressing room and was ranting and raving over some perceived slight.

Three points from eighteen? That banner is still for sale if youse want it... :D

thecorner
07/06/2003, 7:07 AM
some people seem happy with a home draw:rolleyes:

Dr.Nightdub
07/06/2003, 8:00 AM
Not in the least, I was gutted. However I was merely pointing out some home truths to earlier posters who were taking the point salvaged as some kind of turning point for youse. On last night's showing, Dolan will have youse hovering near the play-off spot, same as he did to us last season.

Trax
07/06/2003, 5:02 PM
Who's our No.6:confused: ??? Is it O Grady??? If so I agree fully(with a dub,Oh my God:()

Gary
07/06/2003, 11:24 PM
Greg was our no. 6 and yes, his shooting was shocking. however, his gme, as usual was very good.

The game itself was very bad IMO. we created very little. I thought we were absolutley HAUNTED to score an equaliser, but it was a sweet finish from the future star that is Behan.

Flurk it, the celebrations were fairly wild. Kudos to the feens with thir shirts off running like mad things around the pitch.

all in all, it was defo a point gained.

What a weekend!

tiktok
08/06/2003, 1:39 AM
i heard a little rumour (sorry to start it:rolleyes: ) that Pat's will be fined fivehundred euuro because of the (small) pitch invasion at the end. anybody know if this is true???

Counting Crow
08/06/2003, 11:17 AM
Anyone read the reports in yesterday's Examiner & Echo on the game?

The difference between Bill George's report and that **** Spillane's was incredible.

It was like they were at different games.

George thought we did really well in the second half and could have won it.

Spillane said we were "like lambs to the slaughter".

I'm just waiting for the day he starts using words like "youse" and "deadly" in his reports. I reckon he's looking for a job with the Hearld or something.

Éanna
08/06/2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Greg was our no. 6
Greg is no. 8 I thought. Is 6 not murray? We were lucky in a way to get points because we didn't look like scoring, but on the other hand we did have a lot of possesion. Maybe that was the bit of luck we needed to get out of the rut we're in at the moment?

TommyT
08/06/2003, 3:30 PM
Be fair Doc, their best player scored in Dublin on Friday, just not for them. I think he'll manage to keep their heads above water until Dolan cops on that his over-physical ****e isn't going to work on hard grounds against better prepared teams.

Soko
08/06/2003, 10:11 PM
Gregs shooting was absolutlety pathetic alright. I thought we deserved a point and all though people say we were run over in the first half Doyle, Carey and George all went close.

Spillane is an idiot, probably wasnt even at the game. Bill George is a much better journalist and he doesnt write for that toilet paper the Echo.

Real ale Madrid
08/06/2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Soko
Gregs shooting was absolutlety pathetic alright. I thought we deserved a point and all though people say we were run over in the first half Doyle, Carey and George all went close.

Spillane is an idiot, probably wasnt even at the game. Bill George is a much better journalist and he doesnt write for that toilet paper the Echo.

Greg O'Halloran is a full back not a midfielder.

razor
09/06/2003, 11:03 AM
Lads, shame on me, left with 10 minutes to go.
The game was awful, one of the worst I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of games.

Pats like Albania got exactly what they deserved.
After the goal, they showed no interest in pushing on whatsoever and were deservedly pegged back.
We tried hard but never looked like we were going to score, good City crowd that created an good atmosphere. Th ehome crew were fairly muted from where I was sitting.

Needless to say I learned my lesson and stayed til the final whistle on Saturday.

Trax
09/06/2003, 1:28 PM
If it was Greg's shooting that was talked about then ya he is crap but at least he has the right idea,Behan does too.I know it's a radical idea,really out there but...................perhaps if we shoot more instead of trying to walk it in we might score a few.

Éanna
09/06/2003, 8:26 PM
We need players other than george and flynn to get amongst the goals, whats the harm in having a go? Yeah, we didn't look like scoring, but razor is spot on-pats deserved it for sitting back like they did.

One other interesting thing- just saw highlights on chorus, when Bird scored he went over to Collins and then sarted snogging his crest in front of dolan- looked like he had some kind of point he wanted to make; maybe thats behind the rumours of Dolan losing the plot? Any pats fans able to shed some light on this?

patsh
09/06/2003, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
One other interesting thing- just saw highlights on chorus, when Bird scored he went over to Collins and then sarted snogging his crest in front of dolan- looked like he had some kind of point he wanted to make; maybe thats behind the rumours of Dolan losing the plot? Any pats fans able to shed some light on this?
I think there was more than just Bird at it. Dolan got a very hard time from some people, and it's hard to figure out why.
OK, his last season was not the best, but the reception from some sections was uncalled for.

Soko
09/06/2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

One other interesting thing- just saw highlights on chorus

Where was Careys shot and Georges in the first half. Careys was one of our best moments but just dissapeared of the coverage. The old man still doesnt believe me he had a shot inside the box.

Dodge
10/06/2003, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by patsh
I think there was more than just Bird at it. Dolan got a very hard time from some people, and it's hard to figure out why.
OK, his last season was not the best, but the reception from some sections was uncalled for.
You're obviously new here. Dolan's situation at Pats is extremely difficult to explain and I've tried many times so I'm not going to again.

He got an OK reception (obviously better in the stands than the terrace) but he's gone now and lets hope he never comes back. The thing with Doyle was hilarious. We were giving him the "Dolan Rent Boy" stick when our PA (the chairman's dad) asked people to stop booing. (he has never done this before and for some players we've been a bit more vociforous) As soon as he said that the whole camac and parts of the stand start booing. Everybody knows that a large number of players fell out with Dolan over the past 3/4 years and I think the players (and Bird) show that they were delighted that Eamonn Collins was now manager.

On the game it was poor and we were in control until about 70 minutes when we just stopped playing. Cork had all the ball then but didn't know what to do with it. Your first shot on target scored. Brilliant goal. I thought your man Behan was poor but what a strike. I felt physicazlly sick after the game so apologies to lads of 451 who I said I'd meet for a pint after the game

(Didn't get a good look at our Penalty so won't comment)

Schumi
10/06/2003, 12:46 PM
Collins said something after the game about how everyone was pulling together for the club (or something to that effect) unlike the last few years!

SÓC
10/06/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Dodge

On the game it was poor and we were in control until about 70 minutes when we just stopped playing. Cork had all the ball then but didn't know what to do with it. Your first shot on target scored. Brilliant goal. I thought your man Behan was poor but what a strike. I felt physicazlly sick after the game so apologies to lads of 451 who I said I'd meet for a pint after the game

(Didn't get a good look at our Penalty so won't comment)

Ahhh com'on now Dodge, hardly our first shot on target, Adamson had made a few very good saves before that, one from Carey and one from George spring to mind. Not sure about Pats being in control, once ye scored yer goal Bird ecame very isolated up front, ye were happy to sit back and defend, almost worked too.

Dodge
10/06/2003, 12:55 PM
I honestly can't remember you having a shot on target* and when I mean in control I mean you didn't trouble us. I'm not saying we troubled you either... (like I said poor game) And it was only in the last 20 mins that Cork had any sort of pressure

*I could be wrong but I wasn't the only Pats fan to think so and I'm not saying you didn't deserve the draw either