PDA

View Full Version : Best of <fill in blank> in 2007?

jebus
31/12/2007, 2:58 PM
Last day of the year? Check
Bored in work? Check

It's time for an all you can eat best of everything 2007 list I think! Feel free to add your own Best Ofs too

Best Movie: Lives of Others
Best Album: LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
Best TV Show: The Sopranos
Best Football Team: Arsenal (probably should be Man U, but I just hate them so much)
Best Football Achievement: Richard Scudmore relegating Sheffield United because he doesn't like Northerners :)
Best Sports Achievement: Joe Calzaghe finally getting the recognition he deserves
Most Newsworthy Story: The emergence of Barack Obama to challenge Hilary in what could become a first Black President vs a first Female President nomination process
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news): Katy French hysteria or the Cult of Maddy, I'll go for the Cult just because of how ridiculous they turned a genuine shocking story into
The '1992 Dance Pants' Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: All the fuss leading up to the England Croke Park game, we should all have known we actually had more sense than we previously thought we had

superfrank
31/12/2007, 3:14 PM
Best TV Show: The Sopranos - I'll agree with jebus
Best Football Team: Drogs (statistically), first league and defended the Setanta Cup
Best Football Achievement: As much as it pains me to say, Cristiano Ronaldo for the double award
Best Sports Achievement: The Irish cricket team, Mats Sundin record points scorer for the Leafs
Most Newsworthy Story: The French charity in Chad, important to be exposed
Least Newsworthy Story: Katy French = "Ireland's Diana" :mad:
Funniest News Story: Gormley and McDowell = The Rumble in Ranelagh, O'Donoghue's debut as Ceann Comhairle
Biggest Joke: FF's policy of going back on "well thought out" decisions when the country doesn't approve
Most Cringeworthy Moment: Tabloid headline after Joe Dolan's death = "Oh me, oh my, Joe has died."
The "Ah sure, isn't it great to be Irish" award: The Mahon Tribunal

tetsujin1979
31/12/2007, 4:01 PM
Best Movie: poor enough year for films, I had low expectations for Die Hard 4.0, and it turned out to be pretty good
Best Album: Arcade Bible - Neon Bible
Best TV Show: Big welcome back for The Boondocks
Best Football Team: Arsenal, no question
Best Football Achievement: Ronaldo for the double win, honourable mention to Robbie Keane being the biggest scorer in 2007
Best Sports Achievement: Take your pick, Red Sox becoming the first team to win the World Series twice this century, Patriots going unbeaten in regular season, Ireland beating Pakistan at cricket
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news): Posh and Becks moving to California to look miserable all the time and not play football respectively

gustavo
31/12/2007, 4:14 PM
Best Movie: Intervention
Best Album: Arctic Monkeys- Favourite Worst Nightmare
Best TV Show: Lost
Best Football Team: Drogs if we are talking Ireland , Real Madrid or Inter if Europe
Best Football Achievement: Shams doing so well back in the Premier
Best Sports Achievement:Sligo winning Connacht:)
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news)anything to do with Kerry Katona , Jordan or Jade Goody

Pauro 76
31/12/2007, 5:09 PM
Best Album: Tie between Radiohead 'In Rainbows' and Kings of Leon 'Because of the Times'
Best TV Show: Flight of the Conchords
Best Football Team: Kills me to say it but Man Utd
Best Sporting Achievement: Padraig Harrington winning Open
Best Football Achievement: Waterford Utd staying up. it should have been us.
Most Newsworthy Story: Benazir Bhutto's murder
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news): Cult of Maddy. How many kids go missing a year? What makes Maddy so special above everyone else? Money.
The '1992 Dance Pants' Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: Those muppet protesters outside Croker!

SligoBrewer
31/12/2007, 8:01 PM
Best Movie: 300 or Superbad
Best Album: Favourite Worst Nightmare
Best TV Show: meh.
Best Football Team: Drogheda
Best Football Achievement: Rovers beating Bohs 2-1
Best Sports Achievement: The Irish Cricketers.
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news): Katy French
The '1992 Dance Pants' Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: Sligo Gaa supporters. Back in your box.

ramsfan
31/12/2007, 9:03 PM
Best Movie: the bee movie(quality)
Best TV Show: the IT crowd
Best Football Team: Cobh ramblers
Best Football Achievement: beating athlone 1-0 to win the league
Best Sports Achievement: Padraig harrington.
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news): Katy French
The '1992 Dance Pants' Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: cork gaa players just get on with it and stop moaning
HOPE FOR 2007: RAMS AVOID RELEGATION:D

Lionel Ritchie
01/01/2008, 11:10 AM
Best Movie: Control
Best Album: Mark O'Connor -Robins Egg Blues
Best TV Show: Rome
Best Football Team: Arsenal
Best Football Achievement: The long overdue ousting of Stan
Best Sports Achievement: Monaghan Gaelic Footballers making the All-Ireland final.
Most Newsworthy Story: That lots of Irish people couldn't give a rats ass about the dubious ethics of the countries leader.
Least Newsworthy Story : Katy French nonsense.
The '1992 Dance Pants' Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: ...thinking we could still qualify after San Marino. If Stan had been summarily sacked after that as he should've been... who knows.

Paddyfield
01/01/2008, 1:48 PM
Best Movie: Control
Best Album: Radiohead - "In Rainbows"
Best TV Show: No TV show excelled for me.
Best Football Team: The best team I saw in the flesh was Cork City
Best Football Achievement: Dermot Keeley starting with no players at Shels and doing reasonably well
Best Sports Achievement: Drogs. Is it a one hit wonder?
Most Newsworthy Story: PD's demise in the elections.
Least Newsworthy Story (that was in the news) Beckham going to LA
Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: All the hype about the British anthem at Croker. Move on!

geysir
01/01/2008, 5:45 PM
Best Sports Achievement: Monaghan Gaelic Footballers making the All-Ireland final. How did we do against Cork? :)

Best TV drama "The Catalpa" part of the Hidden History series on RTE.
Nothing came close.

GavinZac
01/01/2008, 6:32 PM
Best Movie: Knocked Up
Best Album: KT Tunstall's "Drastic Fantastic"
Best TV Show: Heroes
Best Football Team: Bloody Drogheda.
Best Football Achievement: Denis Behan is suddenly a top EL striker, apparantly
Best Sports Achievement: Irish cricket team, great achievement but no really empathy towards them at all.
Most Newsworthy Story: People getting along up north
Least Newsworthy Story : Maddy and the millions of lines written about her by lazy journos.
The '1992 Dance Pants' Award for what the hell were we thinking 2007: Sunbathing in Youghal in March thinking what a wonderful summer we were in for.

bennocelt
01/01/2008, 6:59 PM
Best TV drama "The Catalpa" part of the Hidden History series on RTE.
Nothing came close.

Jeez yeah def agree. wouldnt it be great if RTE brought out that Hidden History series on DVD
easily the best thing on the box (which isnt hard with all the american trash that RTE buy)

SligoBrewer
01/01/2008, 9:46 PM
Jeez yeah def agree. wouldnt it be great if RTE brought out that Hidden History series on DVD
easily the best thing on the box (which isnt hard with all the american trash that RTE buy)

I stumbled across that actually. That was a great programme alright.