PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the Mighty BOHS

Ballboy
06/06/2003, 5:15 PM
Hi all:
I have great respect for Bohemians Football Club, so I am not on here to do a wind up, but what the hell has happened to you boys this year?, you are a shadow of the team from last year:confused:

d13bohs
09/06/2003, 8:01 PM
What has happened is that most of the squad are in the comfort zone so far this season and are happy to collect their (large) paychecks without putting in the required effort (Kevin Hunt excepted obviously!). Also, teams are finding it easier to play against us, defenders are doubling up on our wingers although Bobby showed signs against UCD that he is back to his best, they just didn't get the ball to him often enough. There are no drastic changes required, just a few players to show a lot more commitment and a few variations on our tactics. I think we will come back after the break and go on a long unbeaten run, $hle$ aren't that far ahead and have been lucky so far

Dellboy
19/06/2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by d13bohs
although Bobby showed signs against UCD that he is back to his best,
This just about sums up your season so far

d13bohs
19/06/2003, 11:51 AM
It sure does, showing promising signs but still losing/drawing. We'll make up for it against your lot monday week, we owe youse one after outclassing you down in Cork only to be let down by the usual suspect in goal and some dodgy defending and an awful piece of linesmanning (is that a word? Assistant refereeing?)

tiktok
19/06/2003, 7:06 PM
should be a good game though, not really one you can afford to lose though, even at this early stage. hopefully we'll have a player or two extra in the ranks to tighten up our midfield by then.

bert
19/06/2003, 10:13 PM
While I have to admit to being happy enough to see ye struggle in the league. Let's hope ye get your stuff together and do us all proud in the champions league, when that starts.

d13bohs
20/06/2003, 1:14 PM
Well we haven't been helped by that fcukin draw :mad:

pete
20/06/2003, 1:36 PM
Haven't heard the "nig club" line for a while now.

;)

d13bohs
20/06/2003, 2:39 PM
Especially for you Pete

"WE ARE THE BIG CLUB"

Just because we got the most difficult draw out of the 10 teams we could have got in the champions league doesn't change that fact, I am (cautiously) optimistic that we will come through the tie but to have muppets making plans for Rosenborg already is part of the reason I'm not bigging up the Big Club's chances too much

tiktok
20/06/2003, 10:09 PM
yeah, it's not that long ago you gave Kaiserslauten a fright, and that was just a fitness thing, kind of fell apart late on. i wouldn't write you off, but it's a terrible draw for you.

@ndy
22/06/2003, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by pete
"nig club"

i was goin to make some anti racism comment but it's dodgy ground ;)

TommyT
22/06/2003, 8:47 PM
They weren't that mighty to start with. Worthy champions but Shels finished the seasom the stronger.

d13bohs
23/06/2003, 5:53 PM
$hel$ went on a bit of a run at the end of the season which ended when Longford held them to a point, then there was the matter of a certain match in Tolka where Bohs deservedly beat them 1-0 to win the league, our results in the 2 games afterwards were irrelevant because we had already won it. If $hel$ finished stronger than us last season surely they would have beaten us at Tolka park in the 3rd last game. They didn't.