PDA

View Full Version : Brazil Game

kingdomkerry
29/12/2007, 8:14 PM
Was watching the Premiership earlier there seems to be alot of Ireland players playing well. Made me think maybe if we eventually get a manager in place and with no injuries we could give Brazil a right rattle

Given
Finnan
Dunne
O Brien/McShane
O Shea
Ireland
Duff
McGeady
Carsley
Keane
Doyle

All in good form maybe doubts over finnan and duff for obvious reasons

amaccann
29/12/2007, 8:43 PM
I don't believe for one second that we'll have a manager by then. If for no reason, I bet Don Givens would love the chance to manage the team against Brazil, even if it meant dragging out the process a little longer.

andrew1977
29/12/2007, 8:52 PM
We should give them a good game alright on the night, i dont expect many of the brazilian superstars to turn up though, i could be wrong but many of them will cry off from a cold night in Dublin for a nothing match.

carloz
29/12/2007, 8:58 PM
Is it just me that doesnt give a damn about this game. It is a bloody friendly, at home as per usual(IMO we should be trying to get more away friendlies). I cant see what is too be learned from this match and will be much more loking forward to those players you mentioned strutting their stuff in games suc as Montenegro and Bulgaria away i.e. games that are vitally important instead of this money spinner for the FAI. I too am very excited about the squad at the moment but to be honest i couldnt give a damn how they do against Brazil

Superhoops
29/12/2007, 10:28 PM
We should give them a good game alright on the night, i dont expect many of the brazilian superstars to turn up though, i could be wrong but many of them will cry off from a cold night in Dublin for a nothing match.
When they played in February 2004, they had 8 of their 2002 World Cup winning team in the line-up. I am not sure if it would be the cold night that they didn't fancy but in that game after about 5 minutes Kilbane and Graham Kavanagh gave Gilberto Silva a real Irish welcome with a crunching double tackle. They didnt fancy it much after that.

stiofain
29/12/2007, 11:15 PM
Is it just me that doesnt give a damn about this game. It is a bloody friendly, at home as per usual(IMO we should be trying to get more away friendlies). I cant see what is too be learned from this match and will be much more loking forward to those players you mentioned strutting their stuff in games suc as Montenegro and Bulgaria away i.e. games that are vitally important instead of this money spinner for the FAI. I too am very excited about the squad at the moment but to be honest i couldnt give a damn how they do against Brazil

You and me both mate, i'm much more looking forward to the Serbia game in May. I certinally dont begrudge the FAI trying to cash in on the Brazil game though.

eirebhoy
29/12/2007, 11:46 PM
I remember the last match Roberto Carlos going mad at himself for accidentally hitting the ball out for a throw. A couple of Brazil players also had a row on the pitch. They took it more seriously than people say.

CollegeTillIDie
30/12/2007, 9:12 AM
Half of Tuam is from Brazil they'll be up for the game :D

bray boy
30/12/2007, 9:50 AM
dont really care about the game at all
cant see us looking forward to more than a few "irish welcomes" to kaka and co.

Hibernian
30/12/2007, 11:33 AM
we properly win this game 3-0 as we have nothing to play for.

viagogo
30/12/2007, 11:44 AM

Think Brazil will be docked some of the match fee if certain players are not playing. So their star names will almost certainly be out.

green army
31/12/2007, 10:50 AM
chances are brazil will have most of their big players playing. with lots of them playing in europe already its easier for brazil to play friendlies in europe rather than bring their players home for matches

an_ceannaire
31/12/2007, 10:52 AM
McShane.......Oh god no!!!!
Awful :(

stojkovic
31/12/2007, 6:00 PM
chances are brazil will have most of their big players playing. with lots of them playing in europe already its easier for brazil to play friendlies in europe rather than bring their players home for matches

Agreed. Is it not also a pre-requisite in charging an exhorbitant fee that their top players must turn up.

elroy
02/01/2008, 9:23 AM

Ya me too, although playing Brazil will give a nice little buzz about Irish football in Feb which is needed. Dont expect much of an atmosphere in croker though. Our wishlist for the next few months is the installation of a good manager and a favourable fixture list.