PDA

View Full Version : Result for Sunday

Cityx
16/08/2001, 5:04 PM
We really need a result on Sunday to up the confidence from the shock defeat last week. However I just cant see taht happening with the way the team are playing. I hope they dont give up again like they did with Mountfiled last Season. For whatever reason they are capable of some pretty horrible displays. Lets hope we dont get a repeat performance of last Seasons antics.

rebel yell
16/08/2001, 5:16 PM
Bohs to skate it. we're pish. 0-2 I'd say.

James
16/08/2001, 5:35 PM
saw the 4-1 disaster and havent been as disapointed and disgusted with a city performance for a long time. ( circa 4-0 rovers last year in santry adn the 4-0 in tolka V shels the year B4), but i am still going to predict a fighting 2-1 win for city

Forever the optimst

Gareth Williams
16/08/2001, 6:06 PM
Shock result? Don't know what team it is you have been watching but sundays 4-1 defeat was an accident long overdue to happen. Bohs are gonna give us another thumping and we'll bloody well deserve it.

Murphy bye bye.

Neil
16/08/2001, 11:00 PM
City could/should beat Bohs on Sunday. If Liam Murphy plays our best players in their best positions, ie. NO Hartigan, play O'Flynn. O'Brien is off form, play Flanagan. Napier at left back. Herrick and O'Grady in midfield.

C'mon Moses.... "Gunther you are the weakest link"

Cityx
16/08/2001, 11:47 PM
[

I was never a fan of hartigan yet i think ervyone deserves a chance. Hartigan has had a load of chances at this stage and still seems unable to show any real skill or footballing skills. He has to be dropped. Any manager with some sense can see that . I just dont know why Murphy persistswith him

Snatch
17/08/2001, 9:16 AM
Things seem even bleaker now that Longford were beaten by UCD last night. However, whatever resevations I would have about Gunther he will certainly have the lads fired up for this one.

It'll probably be a old fashioned tough performance with not much skill. I don't think Hatigan will start on Sunday. It'll be Mulligan and O' Flynn.

Prediction: Gutsy (lucky!) 1-1 draw, Morley to score coming on as a sub.

Hopefully there'll be a big crowd at the Cross, afterall Bohs are the double champions. Hopefully too the crowd will get behind the team (except for the Gruntler of course, who wouldn't cheer them on even if they were in the European Cup final).

It is far to early for "Gunther Out" chants, they would surly have a very demoralising effect on everyone.

Leonard
17/08/2001, 12:58 PM
Saw the Bohs-Derry game last Friday night. Bohs looked super-slick. THe defence were solid, Russel is always hard to beat, the midfield were superb, especially Hunt, and the strikers were busy. Rutherford has already shown on many occasion what he's capable of doing to City defences, even if he's not getting any younger, but Byrne on the right should muller us. The only bright point for City from the Derry game was Bohs seemed to lack the killer instint to put Derry away - in the end hanging on for a 1-0 win. The goal was fairly special though, Paul Byrne's free floated to the far post to John who made a late, 60 yard run to nod it home.
City's only hope is to crowd the centre of midfield, possibly playing someone like Flanagan to try to break up attacks, allowing our back four to concentrate on the strikers. This will have the effect of us though hoofing the ball forward over the midfield, and John vs Mulligan isn't really going to be much of a contest.
Either way, a 0-0 draw is probably the best we can hope for unless Grunter has put some fairly big rockets up some of the lads. (oh, bit naughty at the end there)