PDA

View Full Version : Irish times sports crossword

Rovers fan
23/12/2007, 4:31 PM
Anyone doing it? Its slightly harder than last year. I thought i had last years one right and i sent it away but i actually had one answer wrong!

DmanDmythDledge
23/12/2007, 7:16 PM
Can you do it online? Forgot to get the paper...

Rovers fan
23/12/2007, 9:07 PM
Can you do it online? Forgot to get the paper...

Its in the paper some other a day too(next saturday iirc)

stojkovic
26/12/2007, 1:11 PM
I think its about the same as last year. Nearly finished, stuck on the Bogball ones as usual.

Sent it away last year along with 17000 other correct entries.

Schumi
26/12/2007, 9:03 PM
Missing four only, my best yet. Didn't google too many either! There's far too many anagrams though.

kingdom hoop
27/12/2007, 2:56 AM
Had a quick look at it. Seemed way easier this year, to me at least. (smaller anyway???) Much less satisfying at any rate in terms of there being way too many silly anagrams, et cetera. Will do it over the next few hangover and booze filled afternoons, and will report with my findings in turn. Together, we will go our way. Together, we will fly so high. Together. . .

The cryptic one in Saturday's paper is much better, for those of us with a warped ( ahem, slash intellectual ) mind at least. Once I get that one done, I'll turn my attention to its depraved Bogball cousin. :rolleyes:

Rovers fan
28/12/2007, 11:58 AM
who is the son of a northern irish mother and an ecudorian father?

citizenerased
28/12/2007, 12:00 PM
laurie sanchez

exiled_gufc_fan
28/12/2007, 12:11 PM
Finished it for the first time this year. It did seem a little easier than usual :D

CollegeTillIDie
28/12/2007, 5:06 PM
Hoping to get it on Saturday. Did anyone do the Sunday Tribune one? and is it in next week's too?

gilberto_eire
29/12/2007, 1:25 AM
like a bunch of old foggies looking forward to saturday to get the crossword :D

kingdom hoop
03/01/2008, 10:40 PM
Finished it for the first time this year.

Fair play. It was a good bit easier (and less fun) this year alright though. I nearly got it out before having to start cheating and resorting to Google for the remaining few. (yes it is cheating!!)

But I'm unsure of one/two. I thought the El... (3) one would be El Tel, but that didn't fit in with what I thought the 'camogie winners rock' clue would've been - Wexford won it this year so I was thinking Tuskar Rock. The only thing I could think of was that they made a slight boo-boo and thought Tipp one the camogie and so Cashel would've been the rock, which would fit in El Tel.

What did people here do for that conundrum?

Cheers.

OneRedArmy
04/01/2008, 9:30 AM
Myself and the father finished it jointly on Christmas Eve as he was house-bound recovering from an illness and looking for something to do.

I'm not great on the cryptic ones and had to resort to the interweb to get a few.

Prizes are a bit pish though given how many entries there are.

Edit, just checked and it was indeed Cashel and El Tel one as per Schumi.

Had to resort to interweb for women rugby team captain and the name of the bobsleigh sisters.

Schumi
04/01/2008, 1:32 PM
But I'm unsure of one/two. I thought the El... (3) one would be El Tel, but that didn't fit in with what I thought the 'camogie winners rock' clue would've been - Wexford won it this year so I was thinking Tuskar Rock. The only thing I could think of was that they made a slight boo-boo and thought Tipp one the camogie and so Cashel would've been the rock, which would fit in El Tel.

What did people here do for that conundrum?

I got Tel and Cashel.