PDA

View Full Version : RTE deal and what it means for rams

don ramo
21/12/2007, 1:21 PM
the FAI signed a new deal with RTE today that will have RTE showing a primetime highlights show each week, and increaseing there coverage of the LOI to 36 live games by 2013, this is great news for rams as it guartantees live tv coverage, which in turn lets us ask more of our sponsors now that there advertised internationally due to games having a delayed broadcast on the web,

last year they said each club was on tv 3 times, with this extended coverage that could increase to 4 if not 5 next year,

also TV3 are suppose to have a preview show on thursday night,

Rams-07
21/12/2007, 1:27 PM
Thats good news so.Hopefully they will show the highlights programme at a respectable time so the youngsters will be able to see it..not like TV3.

6yardpunisha
21/12/2007, 1:59 PM
Thats good news so.Hopefully they will show the highlights programme at a respectable time so the youngsters will be able to see it..not like TV3.

fair point

rambler14
21/12/2007, 2:45 PM
Excellent news. When I read it on teletext i had a smile on my face.
No more Paul Osam!
Its great. A live game every week surely that means were guaranteed at least 2 or 3. I'm thinking Rams vs Cork City at St. Colemans, Rams vs City at the Cross and something like Rams vs Harps.

niallsparky
21/12/2007, 2:50 PM

It has been confirmed that it will be "prime time". I'm not sure what prime time means exactly though to RTÉ.

bellavistaman
21/12/2007, 5:38 PM
ya last time rte had something like this "the soocer show" it was on at 7 on wed me thinks and repeated sat at 1. Packie Kelly had a hole show dedicated to him, and bella was in the background.

rambler14
21/12/2007, 6:01 PM
ya last time rte had something like this "the soocer show" it was on at 7 on wed me thinks and repeated sat at 1. Packie Kelly had a hole show dedicated to him, and bella was in the background.

That was nothing but a sports magazine show. That was more like Champions League Weekly. I seem to remember them doing a profile Stephen Ireland after he'd won one of the Bobby Charlton soccer schools.
I vaguely remember the Pakie Kelly show. Was that done to acknowledge his 300th league appearence for Ramblers.