Ian Daly (Manchester City)
Laurence Gaughan (Celtic)
Conor McCormack (Manchester United)

Under 16 Player
Conor Clifford (Chelsea)
John Dunleavy (Wolves)
Aaron Doran (Blackburn Rovers)

Goal of the Year
Kevin Doyle (Away v Slovakia (http://www.footytube.com/2007/09/09/slovakia-2-2-ireland/))
Stephen Ireland (Home v Wales (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-fksq5V0M8))
Robbie Keane (Away v Wales (http://www.footytube.com/2007/11/17/wales-vs-ireland/))

The Hall of Fame and Special Merit awards will be announced on the night while the International Personality will be announced in advance of the awards ceremony sometime in January.

The eircom International Goal of the Year will be decided by public vote. Details on how to vote for this category will be announced at a later date.

more... (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2738)

Senior Player: Dunne
Young Player: Ireland
U21 Player: Quinn
Goal of the year: Doyle, although Ireland's was excellent and will win it because of the occasion

pineapple stu
20/12/2007, 7:15 PM
Goal of the Year
Kevin Doyle (Away v Slovakia (http://www.footytube.com/2007/09/09/slovakia-2-2-ireland/))
Robbie Keane (Away v Wales (http://www.footytube.com/2007/11/17/wales-vs-ireland/))
Kind of sums up the year really. Doyle's goal was excellent, Ireland's was good and Keane's was routine.

sligo23
20/12/2007, 9:25 PM
i think stevie finnan should have been at least nominated,
he has been our most consistant player.

eirebhoy
20/12/2007, 9:37 PM
Ireland won't win anything as they won't award it to someone who probably isnt going to be there to accept it.
Then he shouldn't have been nominated.

stojkovic
20/12/2007, 9:57 PM
Ireland won't win anything as they won't award it to someone who probably isnt going to be there to accept it.

Can't he get one of his Grannies to collect it !

Kivlehan
21/12/2007, 12:12 AM

Was great for my Ireland squad on Football Manager that came in 4th in the 2014 World Cup. ;)

tetsujin1979
21/12/2007, 12:41 AM
Senior Player
Kevin Doyle (Reading)
Richard Dunne (Man City)
Shay Given (Newcastle)
Dunne, outstanding year

Young Player
Stephen Ireland (Man City)
Shane Long (Reading)
Aiden McGeady (Celtic)
Ireland has done better at international level, McGeady has done better at club level
Ireland to shade it, because of the goals he's scored. The whole granny fiasco may count against him though

U21 Player
Darren O’Dea (Celtic)
Stephen O’Halloran (Aston Villa)
Stephen Quinn (Sheffield United)
O'Dea captained the U-21s and played in the Champion's League
O'Halloran made his senior debut and came back from the States with his reputation enhanced to the point people were dismayed when he was left out of subsequent squads
Quinn has improved at international and club level, but I don't think he's at the level of the other two just yet
O'Dea to shade it

Under 19 Player
Keith Treacy (Blackburn Rovers)
Eddie Nolan (Blackburn Rovers)
Adam Rooney (Stoke City)
Thought Nolan was the standout player in defence against Germany. He's won every home game on loan with Hartlepool, and lost every away game!
Rooney has continued his scoring streak at underage level, but has yet to hit the heights of last season at club level
Treacy has impressed on the wing when I've seen him play
I'd go with Nolan

Under 17 Player
Ian Daly (Manchester City)
Laurence Gaughan (Celtic)
I thought Daly was more impressive than Scannell against Italy in January, and I can't really comment on the other two.

Under 16 Player
Conor Clifford (Chelsea)
John Dunleavy (Wolves)
Pass

Goal of the Year
Doyle's was the most impressive of the three, Ireland's was the first goal scored in Croke Park, and the winning goal. Take your pick.
*flips a coin*
Doyle

RogerMilla
21/12/2007, 7:46 AM
richie dunne ,
stephen ireland ,

and then doyles goal for me , it's one we'll all rememeber from a terrible year.

Ash
21/12/2007, 7:53 AM
If Ireland wins it I wonder will he dedicate the trophy to his Grannies.

Wolfie
21/12/2007, 8:28 AM
Senior: Dunne
Young: Ireland
U 21: Quinn
Goal: Doyle

Stephen Ireland will swoop into the awards ceremony in the Superman pants, will slide tackle George Hamilton and will finish off by dedicating the award to the grannies as a parting gesture.

greendeiseboy
21/12/2007, 8:31 AM
If Ireland wins it I wonder will he dedicate the trophy to his Grannies.

i imagine that it'll be a hairy situation for the fai if he does win it

eirebhoy
21/12/2007, 9:29 AM
O'Dea captained the U-21s and played in the Champion's League

I'm always confused by this. Is club form taken into account? I'd still give it to Quinn. He has been very impressive for the U21s and did well in the Premiership in the 2nd half of last season.

pineapple stu
21/12/2007, 3:20 PM
and then doyles goal for me , it's one we'll all rememeber from a terrible year.
Agree with that. About the only time in the campaign I thought we might have a chance of getting out of the group, and with a proper away win and all. Course, that was all dispatched in injury time, and that was the end of the group really, even with four more games to go.

tetsujin1979
26/12/2007, 11:58 AM
from the link to fai.ie above

FAI Schools International Player
Pat Mullins (CBS, Sexton Street, Limerick)
Peter McMahon (St. Macartan’s College, Monaghan)
Richard O’Donovan (Presentation College, Cork)
CBS in Limerick is where I went to secondary school, and I was actually talking to the current principal at the school last weekend. I mentioned to him that Mullins was nominated for the School International Player and he told me he's been offered a trial at Blackburn.

DmanDmythDledge
26/12/2007, 12:56 PM
CBS in Limerick is where I went to secondary school, and I was actually talking to the current principal at the school last weekend. I mentioned to him that Mullins was nominated for the School International Player and he told me he's been offered a trial at Blackburn.
He's in the UCD U21 team at the moment, just after signing on scholarship. I don't think he'll be able to go anywhere until next summer. He looks like a very good prospect.

Superhoops
11/01/2008, 2:21 PM
The eircom International Goal of the Year category will have public involvement again this year.

The three goals nominated for the eircom International Goal of the Year are:

Goal A: Kevin Doyle
Ireland vs Slovakia
Euro 2008 Qualifier
September 2007

Goal B: Stephen Ireland
Ireland vs Wales
Euro 2008 Qualifier
March 2007

Goal C: Robbie Keane
Ireland vs Wales
Euro 2008 Qualifier
November 2007

Go to www.eircom.net/soccer or www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/ to view the three chosen goals.
To enter and have your say, all you have to do is select your eircom Goal of the Year from the choice of three outstanding goals.

If your chosen goal matches the winning goal selected by the jury panel on February 3rd then you'll be in with a chance to win a trip for two to an away qualifier for the 2010 World Cup, including flights, transfers, accommodation and tickets to the match.

To enter, simply call 1515 71 71 84 and follow the instructions or Text GOAL A; GOAL B; or GOAL C followed by your name to 57000
(Callers from Northern Ireland can call 0901 2931194)

Entries cost 1 € or 1 £. Calls from mobiles normally cost more.

The winner will be announced during the live broadcast of the eircom/FAI awards on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie on Sunday 3rd February.

From FAI website here (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2763)

Goal A for me

citizenerased
11/01/2008, 2:25 PM
doyle against slovakia at home should be included aswell!! and doyle against bolivia...

eirebhoy
02/02/2008, 7:05 PM
I just realised watching the goals again on RTE there that all 3 goals were started by the right back (O'Shea twice and Finnan).

eirebhoy
03/02/2008, 7:22 PM
Ireland wins young player. O'Halloran wins U21.

kennedmc
03/02/2008, 7:27 PM
Peter Collins making a tacky joke when tallking about womens football.Tool. :rolleyes:

NeilMcD
03/02/2008, 7:35 PM
This is embarassing, now they have somg gimp doing lame jokes and impressions.

Darco Ooragnak
03/02/2008, 7:37 PM
This is embarassing, now they have somg gimp doing lame jokes and impressions.

..pity the FAI could not afford Mario Rosenstock...

keenanboy
03/02/2008, 7:37 PM
Oh God who is that comedian?????
Buttock clenchingly cringy

eirebhoy
03/02/2008, 8:11 PM
Dunne deservedly wins POTY. His 2nd in a row?

bellavistaman
03/02/2008, 8:19 PM
Ireland wins young player. O'Halloran wins U21.
Two cobh lads, ooh yeah

..pity the FAI could not afford Mario Rosenstock...
typical,. same with the manager i think.

Bondvillain
03/02/2008, 10:03 PM
I didn't watch, as Award ceremonies (particularly Irish ones) give me piles.

Who was this "Comedian" employed? (the only Non FAI one there, I mean. ) It wasn't that Oliver Callan gobshyte, was it? The one from the 'hillarious' nob nation Gift Grub knock-off show?

Cos he's about as funny as a natural disaster and he's cheaper than a real comedian, so he'd suit the FAI down to the ground.

Collyontour
03/02/2008, 10:30 PM
Who was this "Comedian" employed? (the only Non FAI one there, I mean. ) It wasn't that Oliver Callan gobshyte, was it? The one from the 'hillarious' nob nation Gift Grub knock-off show?

I think it was him. Worst comedian I've ever heard or seen. Everyone in the place looked embarrassed. The FAI must be saving up. A few of them are surely due a payrise soon.;)

NeilMcD
03/02/2008, 10:34 PM
They should have got TJ and TJ to play two FAI buffoons rather than 2 guards.

Ash
04/02/2008, 7:39 AM
I only saw bits and pieces of the Awards show but that "comedy interlude"
was shocking. Was that RTE's doing? :o Judging by the rubbish they've
been peddling lately I wouldnt be surprised

Whatever about the dire jokes, the impressions themselves were brutal.
I was praying for Maxi to storm the building so the act would be cut short.

Sexist little dig at Emma Byrne when presenting hers ... "Careful now, its heavy!"

cheifo
04/02/2008, 8:10 AM
Oh Lord Help us, that was embarressing.Anybody else watch it through their fingers.The schoolboy jokes by Peter Collins followed by the painfully unfunny George Bush impression.The blank expressions on the faces of everyone in the audience was funny I suppose(apart from some great looking Blonde who who was all smiles for the camera).Next year they should just hire David Brent and be done with it.

Deckydee
04/02/2008, 8:21 AM
I didn't watch, as Award ceremonies (particularly Irish ones) give me piles.

Cos he's about as funny as a natural disaster and he's cheaper than a real comedian, so he'd suit the FAI down to the ground.

Honestly cannot stand that guy

Call me old fashioned but give me Brendan Grace anyday!! :p :D

Ash
04/02/2008, 9:02 AM
Honestly cannot stand that guy

Call me old fashioned but give me Brendan Grace anyday!! :p :D

Never mind Brendan Grace, against Cyprus we had almost a full team
of bottlers out there :eek:

OwlsFan
04/02/2008, 10:26 AM
Dreadful stuff. Peter the plank Collins with a sexist "joke" and George Hamilton talking up Stan's campaign and also suggesting that it was ok for us not to qualify because the UK teams didn't either. Enjoyed Paddy Mulligan and Big Jack but nothing new there and just an attempt at a feel good factor. The interviewer, whose name eludes me (senior moment) was good though.

lofty9
04/02/2008, 2:54 PM
Under 16 Player
Conor Clifford (Chelsea)
John Dunleavy (Wolves)

John has just been voted Football League apprentice of the month for Jan 08. Playing regular reserve games now for Wolves and he hasn't even been there a year.