PDA

View Full Version : Am such an ould softie

Magicme
20/12/2007, 9:59 AM
Was just up at my youngest son's school christmas play and found it really hard not to cry my way through it. It was funny and sweet and the christmas songs really hit me in the back of the throat as I watched their innocent faces singing so happily.

Thats what Christmas is for me, the little kids, family. It breaks my heart to see my 13yr old growing cynical so young and I miss that innocence that is present in my 10yr old. I dont want him to change!

Feel like crying now! Senitmental ould biaatch that I am.

Happy Christmas everyone. xxx

Block G Raptor
20/12/2007, 10:05 AM
Was at Mrs Raptors Kids carol service service last night, which was great really got me in the mood for crimbo, was a bit annoyed that they announced half way through that 4 cars were blocking the entrance/exit to the church and four african women left the church to move there 94-LM nissan micra's, really p!sses me off that these people just abandon their cars anywhere, anyway I digress it was a lovely night and am getting exited about the big day as Ex Mrs raptor has agreed to let me see mini raptor for a few hours on Crimbo

Magicme
20/12/2007, 10:09 AM
Just off the phone from my mum, she was at Jakes play too. Jake had to stay at his grandparents last nite as Dylan & I had his juveniles christmas quiz.

Anyways, this morning, after Jake had his breakfast and my dad and brother had gone to work, he started tidying the kitchen and straightening the stools at the breakfast bar. My mum said "Jake, you are a great wee lad, the other men wouldnt think of doing that" Jake replied "aw but Granny, they aren't expecting Santa"

Has me smiling now big time.

Aren't kids great! Am glad you will have your wee one Mr Raptor. My boys go to their dad on boxing day (yes am a nordy) and Santa will have left some presents there so that he gets the pleasure of sharing their excitment.

I love Christmas!!!

cheifo
20/12/2007, 10:13 AM
Hee Hee, good man Jake.

Block G Raptor
20/12/2007, 10:19 AM
Good to see that Mr Magicme gets to see them too, last year she basically said that since xmas wasn't on a sat-sun (my custody days) that I couldn't have her until the saturday pretty much put a downer on Xmas, but I think she's starting to get used to the idea of me and Mrs raptor now so all is good.
Sounds like you've a good lad there Magicme, how do you do it. I've even gone as far as telling one of the kids that they are on Santa's bold list and only have a few days to change his mind. Do u think it makes a blind bit of difference

Magicme
20/12/2007, 10:24 AM
Have to say I am blessed. Rarely do I have to give out to them. Santa is a great stick to beat them with tho!

drummerboy
20/12/2007, 10:32 AM
My 10-year-old lads Christmas play is on at the moment, unfortunately I have to work. Mrs Drummer is there though and I will get a full report. Have to say Magicme, you brought a lump to my throat with your lovely description of your wee fellas xmas play. Like you I love Christmas. Really regret not being an my lads, but hey, I'll get him to sing me a carol tonight.

Magicme
20/12/2007, 10:56 AM
Aw drummerboy, try next year to make it even if you have to take a half day holiday. They grow up so fast and these are the moments to treasure.

My dad only ever came to see me perform once in my life and it still makes my heart ache. I love him so much but his work always came first and thats why I have worked part time for many years, despite the hardship, spending time with them is more important.

Will be starting work full time in new year and will miss collecting my baby from school. That will be the killer.

drummerboy
20/12/2007, 10:58 AM
Geez you are making me feel guilty now.

Magicme
20/12/2007, 11:20 AM
no dont. Its not always possible to go. I wasnt sure if I would get this morning but I just advise that if you can arrange it for next year, do!

Maz
20/12/2007, 2:30 PM
Just had the carol service in our school today, all my hard work paid off. They were fantastic, they dont have a hall in their school so its unfortunate parents could not come and listen

It really set the festive mood

AidoM
24/12/2007, 10:20 AM
Hey all you guys out there, I'm in floods reading these - i'm probably an auld softie as well.

Yeah, Christmas is for the kids but don't we take great pride and pleasure in them at Christmas

Happy Christmas everyone wherever you or yours may be :D