PDA

View Full Version : L**dis Radio ads

Angus
20/12/2007, 9:06 AM
Not sure if we are allowed use brand names but is anybody else fit to throttle somebody about the radio ads for a certain newsagent / convenience store chain that appear on the hour on newstalk and, presumably, other stations ?

This whole semi fake, semi "aren't I cool" persona of the bloke doing the "...come on traffic, one drop of rain....shaping up......nice day....oh sun...hello stranger....." drives me to distraction.

The sense is that we are supposed to feel empathy and to be at one with this guy, who is presumably supposed to be funny with his hilarious witticisms about us having a bad summer - all said in that 2FM positve outlook, isn't everything great and let's all be positive, vacuous grin wearing, pain in the a*s, "look at me aren't I wacky" voice.

Then there is the other incubus with his sausage roll and the supposedly wicked evil empire Mr Burns style "Oh, that could be a bit of a plan" - as if he was plotting the overthrow of a Central American government.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

Dodge
20/12/2007, 9:13 AM
Haven't heard them but you can say londis all you like

gustavo
20/12/2007, 9:46 AM
Centras ones are annoying

Schumi
20/12/2007, 2:00 PM
All radio ads are annoying.

superfrank
20/12/2007, 2:16 PM
Euro Baby Euro Shopper ones are terrible and the other day I heard one that was advertising some place being open til nine o'clock. Can't remember for the life of me what it was but it just kept going 9-9-9 over and over.

osarusan
20/12/2007, 3:20 PM
Can't remember for the life of me what it was but it just kept going 9-9-9 over and over.

an ad for the police?

Block G Raptor
20/12/2007, 3:24 PM
Euro Baby Euro Shopper ones are terrible and the other day I heard one that was advertising some place being open til nine o'clock. Can't remember for the life of me what it was but it just kept going 9-9-9 over and over.

D I D electrical Open till Ny en the most a-nine;) add on radio

Schumi
20/12/2007, 4:03 PM
Those ads where someone came to the startling revelation that banker rhymes with ****** and made a series of ads featuring that single witticism top my list.

Jerry The Saint
20/12/2007, 4:47 PM
Those ads where someone came to the startling revelation that banker rhymes with ****** and made a series of ads featuring that single witticism top my list.

There's been loads of them lately. For different companies. Some for products that don't even involve banks, banking off or banking the monkey.

It's like the "creative" types at the ad agencies all graduated at the same time and that was the funniest thing they heard while they were studying morkeshing.

They played the D.I.D "NOI-EN!!!" ad back to back with a Harvey Norman ad the other morning and I had to turn the radio off. Seriously, stop shouting at me, I don't need that kind of ****.

The most baffling ad at the moment has to be Hector's for the Leopardstown races where his buddy catches him out in a chillingly devious, Machiavellian scheme...

Let me see those bits of paper:mad: Leopardstown. Leopardstown. LEOPARDSTOWN. He's written Leopardstown on all of them! WHAT A ****ING ****!!!!!! :eek: :mad:

So the moral of the story is that the Leopardstown races are so crap that Hector has to trick his mates into going along? Even stranger than the earlier ad where he uses both the classic "could eat a horse, wha' lads" AND "there's a few fine fillies here, wha' lads". Those two quips have certainly been round the track a fair few times, wha' lads. I would love to be the guy in the Horse Racing Authority that eventually fires Hector.

Horse Racing - YOU'VE BEEN LET GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dfx-
20/12/2007, 6:43 PM
I will kill the next radio from which I hear that Garmin Sat Nav ad. Kill it dead:mad:

CollegeTillIDie
20/12/2007, 7:37 PM
I will kill the next radio from which I hear that Garmin Sat Nav ad. Kill it dead:mad:

Give a Give a Give a Luger :D

Raheny Red
21/12/2007, 8:57 AM
**** off Harvey Norman - go Harvey go, is now ho Harvey ho, and snow Harvey snow! Goons.

Block G Raptor
21/12/2007, 9:27 AM
So the moral of the story is that the Leopardstown races are so crap that Hector has to trick his mates into going along? Even stranger than the earlier ad where he uses both the classic "could eat a horse, wha' lads" AND "there's a few fine fillies here, wha' lads". Those two quips have certainly been round the track a fair few times, wha' lads. I would love to be the guy in the Horse Racing Authority that eventually fires Hector.

Horse Racing - YOU'VE BEEN LET GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

POTM:D:ball::D

CollegeTillIDie
24/12/2007, 7:35 AM
Heard that Londis ad this morning. I think the big mistake he makes is he ends up optimistic. That doesn't work in Ireland. We are a miserable shower of moany whingers :D