PDA

View Full Version : Jay O Shea

KR's Post
20/12/2007, 8:00 AM
Why was he let sign for Galway, wasn't he a star of the future. Has this something got to do with the Player of the Year celebrations?

BrayUnknowns
20/12/2007, 8:39 AM
Why was he let sign for Galway, wasn't he a star of the future. Has this something got to do with the Player of the Year celebrations?

Wouldn't be to worried personally speaking... Didn't produce the goods for us last season at all, 1 goal against a 9 man Rovers is hardly the stuff a star of the future produces... Would have only been a squad player at best this season. Good move for him on a personal note, hopefully full time football suits him.

superfrank
20/12/2007, 10:55 AM
I say it could very well have something to do with the POTY. Doyle, James, Roche and Jay all let go. Good players but clearly Eddie wants a disciplined squad, which personally I like.

Best of luck to Jay. I do think we should've held on to him for the future, he's only 19 sure.

dublinwanderer
21/12/2007, 1:10 PM
he really messed up at the POTY, hope he does well in galway

bray boy
21/12/2007, 6:16 PM
for me i thought he was a big prospect
but fairplay to eddie simply isnt taking any sh!t which is good to see
still thought jay and gary could have been huge in years to come

galwayfan
15/01/2009, 1:08 PM
must be going mad Bray let him go and a year later he is getting bought for 400k :p

BrayUnknowns
15/01/2009, 1:20 PM
must be going mad Bray let him go and a year later he is getting bought for 400k :p

Not really, he was kicked out of Bray for starting a major ruckas at our POTY awards plus he was actually well below average for us, think he only scored 1/2 senior goals for us so it was no loss at the time. Going to Galway and full time training did Jay the world of good, if he stayed with Bray and part time football he would not have progressed the same way.