PDA

View Full Version : Guitar hero / rock band

anto1208
19/12/2007, 6:52 PM
Anyone got these got guitar hero a few weeks back great fun but rock bend arrived yesterday drum kit and all have been knocking out the songs all day brilliant game much better than guitar hero .

GavinZac
19/12/2007, 9:31 PM
whats one player like in Rock band, for those who dont have 2 other game playing people in the house every time they want to play?

gilberto_eire
20/12/2007, 12:09 AM
ive heard about these games whats the jist?..... are gutiar playing skills required?..... started playing 2mths ago and would be interested in anything to keep one in my hand, wouldnt interested if its not skill based though

theworm2345
20/12/2007, 12:34 AM
No guitar skills required at all...I've played for 6-7 years now and my brother who is a drummer kicks my ass in it all the time (our neighbors have both games...one plays guitar and he kicks all of ours asses but thats just because he plays all of the time). I'd go with Rock Band just because its basically Guitar Hero on steroids. Get the guitar hero guitar though because it works for both games in case you want to get both. Also, you can sing and play guitar if you know the song by heart in Rock Band. I've only played Rock Band once, but I get bored easily with Guitar Hero and would much rather be playing real guitar.

Gilberto, its basically like retarded guitar, with 5 frets, a whammy bar, and one string (that multiple notes can be played on at one time) and you have to push the buttons and press the "string" at the same time.

anto1208
20/12/2007, 1:36 AM
whats one player like in Rock band, for those who dont have 2 other game playing people in the house every time they want to play?

Its ok no story or bosses or encores like GH3 but similar set up you play 5 songs when they are done you go somewhere else and get 5 more the drums are so much fun an them all day . I didnt get the guitar thinking the GH3 one would work but it doesnt on ps3 .

ive heard about these games whats the jist?..... are gutiar playing skills required?..... started playing 2mths ago and would be interested in anything to keep one in my hand, wouldnt interested if its not skill based though

They sounds stupid but turns out to be really fun its like karaoke for blokes , using the guitar you have to press the right button and strum as the colours scroll down the screen.

No skills needed allthough having played a little will help with holding it right and getting hands to do different things,having played a lot of real guitar is probibly a hiderence in the game:D

Its the sound track thats brilliant loads of good songs that you would listen to on there own but now your playing it with out wasting time learning an instrument :D

In guitar hero you and a mate can team up in rock band you can have 4 in the band ( drummer guitar bass singer ) great for drunken messing .

While looking for a vid of the game i found this does nothing for the image of the game but its so funny o had to post it
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rV1FX8sSTvk&feature=related

this is slightly better

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3E8zgqJM4&feature=related