PDA

View Full Version : I haven't laughed so hard in ages...

Pages : [1] 2

Jeebus
19/12/2007, 12:20 PM
The spoofer got the sack......

http://www.bohemians.ie/

:D

Soper
19/12/2007, 12:21 PM
Probably pimped himself to the FAI

gustavo
19/12/2007, 12:24 PM
Poor Seanie , It'll be a lean Christmas in the Connor household , lean , lean , lean.:D:D:D

life long red
19/12/2007, 12:33 PM
The spoofer got the sack......

http://www.bohemians.ie/

:D
i knew he would be found out the r#t

Red4Eva
19/12/2007, 12:49 PM
what a glorious xmas present for sligo rovers(and bohs) fans! has to be unemployable now

red metal
19/12/2007, 12:53 PM
The Bohs broad probably got sick of all the crap that rolls out of this guys mouth.I hope we never see him in the League of Ireland again.All bluffers always get found out:D:D:D

Sonic
19/12/2007, 12:54 PM
What is wrong with Bohemian Football Club. Honestly how many managers have been booted out in the last few years.

Nathan
19/12/2007, 12:58 PM
imo this time they are 100% correct.

niallsparky
19/12/2007, 12:59 PM
What is wrong with Bohemian Football Club. Honestly how many managers have been booted out in the last few years.

Roddy argued with the board, Mahon was pretty poor, Kenny had hit a wall and the board thought that we were going backwards, Farelly was ****e, Connor breached his contract. :)

Red&White Rover
19/12/2007, 1:02 PM
I really am so happy.

Let's all laugh at Seanie...

red_away
19/12/2007, 1:02 PM
SC didnt have the talent to convert money and resources to success...all talk!!!!

Shame on me for taking pleasure in another man's misfortune........i feel so ashamed...like kcuf!!

What breach did he cause in his contract?

Only1Rovers
19/12/2007, 1:25 PM
Roddy argued with the board, Mahon was pretty poor, Kenny had hit a wall and the board thought that we were going backwards, Farelly was ****e, Connor breached his contract. :)

On what grounds was there a breach of contract?

akearins
19/12/2007, 1:29 PM
.......rumour has it capello just pipped him for the England job

red metal
19/12/2007, 1:32 PM

I heard that to:D:D:D

Only1Rovers
19/12/2007, 1:40 PM

Capello made a promise he would master English faster than Connor would....

Redzer
19/12/2007, 2:25 PM
On what grounds was there a breach of contract?

Something to do with Chris Turner, Connor and a pair of goalie gloves.:D

Rovers1
19/12/2007, 2:35 PM
the alleged rumour is on :http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5701&start=140 read through it.

Rovers1
19/12/2007, 2:40 PM
thanks..whomever did that ;)

red bellied
19/12/2007, 3:15 PM
Connor for CPO!

RĂ©iteoir
19/12/2007, 3:22 PM

As opposed to sticking with your manager who finally brought you the glorious prize of relegation...

Nah - I'm happy with events so far - all were justified as highlighted by niall

akearins
19/12/2007, 3:25 PM
From what i heard as far back as September from a good friend living in dublin is he basically ****ed off too many players (remember Crowe throing his jersey at him when dropped,telling JP kelly he wouldnt be guaranteed a starting place just after the transfer window closed) and spnosrs...

Fenlon was touted then and as an ex player I'd say he will be acert fro the job.......He will see through Seanys signings especially Syngh and mansaram....maybe an opportunity for us to chat with Rossiter if we are to lose coleman

showgies
19/12/2007, 3:46 PM
Diary Entry: 19th December 2007

HaHaHa! HaHaHa! HaHaHa! HaHa! :D:D

SligoBrewer
19/12/2007, 5:26 PM
:) . Waterford are staying up!

lowroadrover
19/12/2007, 6:16 PM
Great news , Bye bye Seanie,

Only1Rovers
19/12/2007, 6:44 PM
I wonder might we see Burns return to the Showgies?

BohsPartisan
19/12/2007, 6:47 PM
:) . Waterford are staying up!

You'll be disappointed.

Paul Cook for Bohs! ;)

feo123
19/12/2007, 6:48 PM
You'll be disappointed.

Paul Cook for Bohs! ;)

you'll be dissapointed ;)

sligoman
19/12/2007, 6:53 PM
I think Sean Connor will be the new Roddy Collins...link himself to every job and be in the studio with RTE the whole time:D
Connor for CPO!Not a bad shout to be fair! He's good at the PR/Marketing.

BohsPartisan
19/12/2007, 7:11 PM
you'll be dissapointed ;)

The ;) indicated that the PC for Bohs comment was merely a jape. It would be funny though, for a few minutes. Fenlon's my choice out of the usual suspects.

roversman
19/12/2007, 7:15 PM
so there is a santa best present i ever got is this news

feo123
19/12/2007, 7:18 PM
The ;) indicated that the PC for Bohs comment was merely a jape. It would be funny though, for a few minutes. Fenlon's my choice out of the usual suspects.

fenlon will more than likely get it. matthews wouldnt be a bad choice either, not sure though. and would the bohs fans like rico?

BohsPartisan
19/12/2007, 8:13 PM
I think I drunkenly asked him if he wanted the job after the cup Semi, but in sobriety...no.

Sonic
19/12/2007, 9:37 PM
As opposed to sticking with your manager who finally brought you the glorious prize of relegation..

Yeah well Im sure that same man will doubtless be put forward to replace connor. In any case he will sacked in a year.

Nathan
20/12/2007, 6:00 AM
Something to do with Chris Turner, Connor and a pair of goalie gloves.:D

There was also talk of a conflict of interests, something to do with a sponsorship deal with Vaseline :)

d rovers
20/12/2007, 6:19 AM
great to see seanie get what he deserves, a boot out the door.

Ballagh Red
20/12/2007, 8:40 AM
He didn't see it coming or he would have been touting himself for the irish job. Bohs could do well next season if Matthews is appointed.

Red4Eva
20/12/2007, 9:25 AM
http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5719

some priceless stuff in there. the envelope story is f***in gas

showgies
20/12/2007, 10:37 AM
Diary Entry: 20th December 2007

HaHaHa! HaHaHa! HaHaHa! HaHa!

Red&White Rover
20/12/2007, 10:52 AM
The Envelope story. Quality.

The man actually has no brain.

Jeebus
20/12/2007, 11:02 AM
Seeing as Connor is now on the dole his best mate, Mick McCarthy, might give him a job at Wolves. He can be seen here punting his Press Officer credentials to big Mick before the Bohs v Wolves game earlier in the year........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJODMMHvEdI (first 20 seconds)

Man, I laugh at that clip every time I see it. McCarthy looked so interested in his story. :D

showgies
20/12/2007, 11:07 AM
Folks,

As it is the season of goodwill and all that. If any of us do happen to bump into Sean over the festive season, please do stop to say hello and buy a "Big Issue"

avvenalaf
20/12/2007, 11:49 AM
P O T Y

Rovers fan
20/12/2007, 12:20 PM
Folks,

As it is the season of goodwill and all that. If any of us do happen to bump into Sean over the festive season, please do stop to say hello and buy a "Big Issue"

Do we have to?!

red_away
21/12/2007, 10:50 AM
Comments on the Bohs site are brilliant!!!

"SC is the david brent of irish football" - very close to the truth

"We were managed by walter mitty this season!" - exact truth!!!

When we as members told the bohs fans on this site that they would rue the day that they employed SC we were slagged off and told to stomach our sour grapes.......but as tradition demands....."We told you so!!!!!"

showgies
21/12/2007, 11:23 AM
Diary Entry: 21st December 2007

HaHaHa! HaHaHa! HaHaHa! HaHa!

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing ......................

showgies
21/12/2007, 11:25 AM
Comments on the Bohs site are brilliant!!!

When we as members told the bohs fans on this site that they would rue the day that they employed SC we were slagged off and told to stomach our sour grapes.......but as tradition demands....."We told you so!!!!!"

The words egg and face spring to mind :)

Isn't it sweet !!

Guts&Glory
21/12/2007, 2:12 PM
Serves him right in a Rovers context that his blatant and bare face lies abour Rovers, his resignation and the supproters that he made over the last 13 months.

Its great to see such a compulsive liar and Walter Mitty character being found out so soon by others that didnt believe us 13 months ago.

Bohs fans we await your apologies!!!!

clubman
21/12/2007, 5:06 PM
Sean Connor's dismissal is a sad day for League of Ireland football.
Look at the man's record and if you're honest with yourself then you'll agree it speaks for itself.
Back in the good old days when Sligo Rovers under the leadership of Tommy Cassidy and Don O Riordan us supporters would have given anything to get back where we think we belong. Both managers failed in their quest to take Rovers to the top. O Riordan was even given an extension to his three year contract even though in the previous three years he had proven time and time again he just didn't have what it takes. Then out of the doom and gloom steps one Sean Connor. No one had heard of him but he came with a promise. He assembled a squad and supporters began to believe once again that Rovers could have a future. He took us from the depts of despair to the highs of a championship winning rollercoaster. Sean Connor was God and he managed in the Showgrounds. 2006 and Sean Connor continued to defy the odds and took our club to the highs of the Premier division and the semi-finals of the FAI Cup. The cracks were beginning to show at this stage and it was plain to be seen by any observer that was honest enough that Sean Connor had taken Sligo Rovers as far as it is possible to take a club of the magnitude of Sligo Rovers. Rumblings behind the scenes displayed problems within. No harm in being ambitious unless that is you are an ambitious manager of a club with no ambition. Sean Connor saw the writting on the wall and when the opportunity of a bigger club arose he grasped it with both hands.
Bohemians were a big club going nowhere fast. Under the right leadership they can become a power in the Eircom League, a known fact. Rome wasn't built in a day but there was a steady progression on a daily basis. Sean Connor took the Bohs from a disheartened club to a club with victory in their sights all in the space of a couple of months. Third in the league, Semi-finals of the FAI Cup and runners-up in the League Cup.
No Mean Feat.
Yet what went wrong?
Basically the same short comings which he experience at Sligo Rovers.
Both clubs are run by people that are full of their own importants and the success of the club comes only second to these people's little ego trips.
Unfortunately the looser here is a man that has done nothing wrong except being ambitious. Ambitious for the club he served digentily as a manager.
The moral of the story here if there is one is this. Sean Connor is too good for the Eircom League of Ireland. Clubs in this league don't deserve to have ambitious managers until such time the people running the clubs can display the same type of loyalty and committment.
People like Sean Connor deserve better and I for one don't think we should be rejoicing in his misfortune. He has proven to be a great servant of Sligo Rovers FC and it's only through time that his achievement will really be appreciated.
I express my disappointment at the way the man has been treated and wish him well for the future. If the saying 'the cream always rises to the top' is a true one then Sean Connor's future is a bright one.
Good luck Sean and thanks for the great memories.

roversforever
21/12/2007, 5:13 PM
Sean Connor's dismissal is a sad day for League of Ireland football.
Look at the man's record and if you're honest with yourself then you'll agree it speaks for itself.
Back in the good old days when Sligo Rovers under the leadership of Tommy Cassidy and Don O Riordan us supporters would have given anything to get back where we think we belong. Both managers failed in their quest to take Rovers to the top. O Riordan was even given an extension to his three year contract even though in the previous three years he had proven time and time again he just didn't have what it takes. Then out of the doom and gloom steps one Sean Connor. No one had heard of him but he came with a promise. He assembled a squad and supporters began to believe once again that Rovers could have a future. He took us from the depts of despair to the highs of a championship winning rollercoaster. Sean Connor was God and he managed in the Showgrounds. 2006 and Sean Connor continued to defy the odds and took our club to the highs of the Premier division and the semi-finals of the FAI Cup. The cracks were beginning to show at this stage and it was plain to be seen by any observer that was honest enough that Sean Connor had taken Sligo Rovers as far as it is possible to take a club of the magnitude of Sligo Rovers. Rumblings behind the scenes displayed problems within. No harm in being ambitious unless that is you are an ambitious manager of a club with no ambition. Sean Connor saw the writting on the wall and when the opportunity of a bigger club arose he grasped it with both hands.
Bohemians were a big club going nowhere fast. Under the right leadership they can become a power in the Eircom League, a known fact. Rome wasn't built in a day but there was a steady progression on a daily basis. Sean Connor took the Bohs from a disheartened club to a club with victory in their sights all in the space of a couple of months. Third in the league, Semi-finals of the FAI Cup and runners-up in the League Cup.
No Mean Feat.
Yet what went wrong?
Basically the same short comings which he experience at Sligo Rovers.
Both clubs are run by people that are full of their own importants and the success of the club comes only second to these people's little ego trips.
Unfortunately the looser here is a man that has done nothing wrong except being ambitious. Ambitious for the club he served digentily as a manager.
The moral of the story here if there is one is this. Sean Connor is too good for the Eircom League of Ireland. Clubs in this league don't deserve to have ambitious managers until such time the people running the clubs can display the same type of loyalty and committment.
People like Sean Connor deserve better and I for one don't think we should be rejoicing in his misfortune. He has proven to be a great servant of Sligo Rovers FC and it's only through time that his achievement will really be appreciated.
I express my disappointment at the way the man has been treated and wish him well for the future. If the saying 'the cream always rises to the top' is a true one then Sean Connor's future is a bright one.
Good luck Sean and thanks for the great memories.
is your name sean connor?

Red&White Rover
21/12/2007, 5:13 PM
People like Sean Connor deserve better .

That made me laugh anyway.

Better what?