PDA

View Full Version : The Pogues on Sunday

Cosmo
18/12/2007, 5:27 PM
Anyone here going?

Its the gig i look forward to going to every year - have been going to popes/pogues for 10 years now id say and must say its always great craic :)

RogerMilla
19/12/2007, 11:53 AM
i am going and cannot effin wait havent seen them in a long time , last time i saw mcgowan was with the popes .

Anto McC
19/12/2007, 5:22 PM
Haven't got a ticket yet but i'll be getting one.

CollegeTillIDie
19/12/2007, 6:09 PM
So who'll be drinking the Whiskey? Shane?

Sam_Heggy
20/12/2007, 1:21 PM
I'll wait til the 28th, Shane mcGowan, Mundy and Sharon Shannon are in Letterkenny that night. Always loved the Shane's visits to Letterkenny, always leads to one massive party and extremely late night p!ss ups :D

Cosmo
20/12/2007, 2:00 PM
I'll wait til the 28th, Shane mcGowan, Mundy and Sharon Shannon are in Letterkenny that night. Always loved the Shane's visits to Letterkenny, always leads to one massive party and extremely late night p!ss ups :D

Sam, does he play up there every year? Think ill definitely go to him up there next year for the change if that is the case!!

Sam_Heggy
20/12/2007, 5:01 PM
Sam, does he play up there every year? Think ill definitely go to him up there next year for the change if that is the case!!

He was here about 3 years ago with "the popes" it was mad craic, it was 2 years before that so basically theres a chance he could be up next year but I wouldn't be sure.
He wrote a song about one of his visits here before, he called it "the donegal express".
On his last gig, we all met with him in dillons hotel bar and he invited us to a party he had arranged, we all heaped into taxi's and ended up at some dolls house that was expecting Shane by himself. She went nuts when about 15/20 of us landed up with him :p I think I got home at roughly 10 the next morning. The mans a legand and drinks vodka and coke like a real pro.

bennocelt
23/12/2007, 9:16 AM
Was at his concert years ago in London, great craic, crowd were brilliant, and the fun....jesus
Apparently Mick jagger was meant to be in the crowd that night as well but who can say

Would love to see him again, a living legend and a dying breed (of what a real man should be like!!:))
You can shove Westlife up your hole!