PDA

View Full Version : Brian O'Callaghan

SRFCbrothelutd
18/12/2007, 11:27 AM
Cork City centre half is signing for the bit o red, for inital 1 year with the option of a second year. Good signing imo! Thoughts Lads???

gustavo
18/12/2007, 11:43 AM
City fans don't rate him much http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/BOC-to-Sligo-t22363.html
, still its good addition to the squad

pete
18/12/2007, 12:30 PM
Not rated by any City fans. Was out a lot with injury but made our young error prone defender Kelly look less error prone.

O'Callaghan is ok in the air but is slow & prone to errors due to bad judgement.

Did have a very good game in the Cup final even though he knew contract not bring renewed.

DocRovers
18/12/2007, 1:28 PM
No offense but worrying that we are signing guys who could'nt make in at Pats or Cork. Paul had better improve on these or we are in trouble.

Risteard
18/12/2007, 1:28 PM
Never impressed until the cup final.
He probably needed a decent run in the team that we and his injuries couldn't afford him.
He's better than Sean Kelly.

avvenalaf
18/12/2007, 1:49 PM
But is he as good as Stephen Roche ?

Dodge
18/12/2007, 1:49 PM
No offense but worrying that we are signing guys who could'nt make in at Pats
Anto Murphy was offered a deal by Pats. he probably would've got a better offer if he hadn't have had a fight with the manager about 4 months ago too...

feo123
18/12/2007, 8:45 PM
No offense but worrying that we are signing guys who could'nt make in at Pats Paul had better improve on these or we are in trouble.

were you asleep for the first half of last season?

DocRovers
18/12/2007, 8:56 PM
I woke up with a bang in the last round of matches Feo, 5 points was that what we collected? We had one of the worst defensive records - we leaked goals all over the place & signing guys as cover for what we have is'nt good enough. Some of the defense are not up to it IMO, we have lost Hughsie & I would like to see better signings that we made in the transfer window.

feo123
18/12/2007, 9:11 PM
I woke up with a bang in the last round of matches Feo, 5 points was that what we collected? We had one of the worst defensive records - we leaked goals all over the place & signing guys as cover for what we have is'nt good enough. Some of the defense are not up to it IMO, we have lost Hughsie & I would like to see better signings that we made in the transfer window.

i wasnt disagreeing with what you said about o'callaghan, i dont know anything about him.

but murphy was one of the better players in the league for the first half of last season, then pats started to drift away, and i dont know how he done for the 2nd half. from what i saw of murphy though he's just as good if not better than what we have.......

DocRovers
18/12/2007, 9:42 PM
Point taken Feo, just a bit worried about our defense thought we conceded some really poor goals last year. We dont have much pace & are quite small around the pitch - too many simple goals from free kicks, corners etc. I dont think Jaime is good enough & we need strenght down the middle. But I think funds are very tight so lets all try & get people motivated.

micls
19/12/2007, 9:44 AM
A little story about Brina.

Let's just say he's not a great player, and makes Dan Murray look like a sprinter.

Anyway, Brian's nickname in the team is Flare.

This came as Rico went public calling on the fans to stop using flares.

in response the fans called on Rico to stop using Brian O Callaghan :D

The lad is a calamity and your heart will be in your mouth anytime he gets the ball

Nathan
19/12/2007, 10:04 AM
Peers, Faz & Judge 3 not so great players that Cooke managed to turn around, its positive that were are actually signing players from domestic teams for a change, it shows that we are becoming more attractive to Irish players & that’s always good, Last Year we were not that far off the mark considering the limited resources available, some dept in the squad and we should be ok again

Rovers fan
19/12/2007, 10:29 AM
I dont think Jaime is good enough & we need strenght down the middle.

I would definitely agree with you there. Mckenzie is dodgy and as i have said before without peers in the middle he is shown up. Peers does all the donkey work.

SligoBrewer
19/12/2007, 5:43 PM
Peers, Faz & Judge 3 not so great players that Cooke managed to turn around

Peers was faultless in his first season here.

I would definitely agree with you there. Mckenzie is dodgy and as i have said before without peers in the middle he is shown up. Peers does all the donkey work.

McKenzie still is young and last year was his first full year in the side.
The lad has come on leaps and bounds since he arrived here first and he'll continue to do so. He wasn't given the captaincy at the start of the season for nothing in fairness

Red&White Rover
19/12/2007, 7:30 PM

McKenzie still is young and last year was his first full year in the side.
The lad has come on leaps and bounds since he arrived here first and he'll continue to do so. He wasn't given the captaincy at the start of the season for nothing in fairness

Wasn't taken off him for nothing either.

Remember who made him captain.

He also didn't rate Conor O Grady

sligoman
19/12/2007, 7:50 PM
He also didn't rate Conor O Gradyand thought Choice was hot...but then so did The Stars;)

SligoBrewer
19/12/2007, 11:05 PM
Wasn't taken off him for nothing either.

Remember who made him captain.

He also didn't rate Conor O Grady

Why was he left captain for so long?
Hughes was the best choice but you can see the Jamie has grown in confidence in fairness?

Nathan
20/12/2007, 5:57 AM

Yes, but hardly set the world alight & has definitely excelled at centre half.

Red&White Rover
20/12/2007, 10:37 AM
Why was he left captain for so long?
Hughes was the best choice but you can see the Jamie has grown in confidence in fairness?

Without trying to get on the players backs, did or did not our season turn around when Hughes was appointed Captain?

And fact is he was still stripped of his captaincy.

avvenalaf
20/12/2007, 11:46 AM
It sure did......
figures for last 11 games of the season

Played 11
Won 1
Drawn 3
Lost 7
Goals for 7
Goals Against 17
Points 6 out of an available 33

gustavo
20/12/2007, 12:24 PM
To be fair that also did coincide with Cook taking over and getting into the job

Rovers fan
20/12/2007, 12:27 PM
To be fair that also did coincide with Cook taking over and getting into the job

The LAST 11 games of the season. Cook was well settled in by that stage. Small squad,losing turner, getting knocked out of the cup and nothing to play for in the last 4-5 games were the reasons imo