PDA

View Full Version : Team for next year

Hulsey
18/12/2007, 11:12 AM
Was just thinking of what the teams gonna be next year. I reckon if there is no other players leaving it will be:
Gregg
Pender Doherty Delaney Cronin
Kavanagh Whelan Cawley McCabe
Myler Molloy (if the info I got from a v v reliable source is true ;) )
Is it just me or is that a very strong squad? Strongest we've had since that 4th place finish all those years ago? Next year could be a very good season!

superfrank
18/12/2007, 11:55 AM
I'd go with that Hulsey. A lot more experience this year which'll help us out.

I know one Wanderers fan will object to me saying this but we have to focus on avoiding relegation next season. 3 teams going straight down and one coming up and promotion the year after will be a lot tougher. Think about it: Galway should be better. Cobh and Harps look very good. Derry should do better, they just got Kenny back. The only team that won't really improve is UCD and we only beat them once last year.

We should stay up with the squad but the lads need to focus. We should've been safe by September last year but in the end it took us a lot longer so we should take nothing for granted.

I'm guessing it'll be our home form that gets us the bulk of our points next year again. 11 of our 34 points came away from home last year. 2 wins (Waterford & Galway) and 5 draws. That needs to improve if we want to be a top-half team.

dublinwanderer
18/12/2007, 1:17 PM
yeah squad will be a lot better this year obviously... if we get a bit of luck and score goals (which we should wit that team) we should avoid the drop.

the team i'd go with would be:

Gregg

Tresson Doherty Delaney Cronin

Kavanagh Cawley Whelan McCabe

Myler Molloy

Subs:
Skippy
Pender
Duggan
Dunphy
Caffo

thats still leavin out: deans, franco, ivory, kenny, emeka

also afaik ray kenny is thinking about retiring - hope he doesnt as he was excellent at the end of the season for us.

also as it says on the bray website whelan is a similar player to cawley - would eddie play a definsive midfielder in with one of them??? maybe duggan tresson with whelan or cawley...

braysnumber1
18/12/2007, 1:29 PM
great signings by eddie.
my11 wud b:

--------------gregg---------------
pender - delaney - doherty - cronin
-------- tresson - whelan---------
----kavangh - cawley - molloy----
-------------myler----------------

at the end of last season eddie went wit 1 up front wit very attacking wingers to get up and support so he mite try the same system. not sure on gregg though. i say it will be a toss up to c who gets the no1 shirt. always thought gregg was a dodgy keeper!! skippy can hav gud games every now and agin so not sure bout him. wud hav prefered shay kelly from longford!

Seagull
18/12/2007, 3:06 PM
great signings by eddie.
my11 wud b:

--------------gregg---------------
pender - delaney - doherty - cronin
-------- tresson - whelan---------
----kavangh - cawley - molloy----
-------------myler----------------

at the end of last season eddie went wit 1 up front wit very attacking wingers to get up and support so he mite try the same system. not sure on gregg though. i say it will be a toss up to c who gets the no1 shirt. always thought gregg was a dodgy keeper!! skippy can hav gud games every now and agin so not sure bout him. wud hav prefered shay kelly from longford!

braysnumber1, any chance you'd adhere to this Forum rule:

Foot.ie is a website, not a mobile phone, and you have a full keyboard and all your fingers available. Use them please.

braysnumber1
18/12/2007, 5:46 PM
braysnumber1, any chance you'd adhere to this Forum rule:

Foot.ie is a website, not a mobile phone, and you have a full keyboard and all your fingers available. Use them please.

OMG!!! LOL!!!

Hulsey
18/12/2007, 7:48 PM
:o Forgot about Daz :o

Considering Daz I'd go with Braysnumber1s formations, but with whelan moved forward to make up a three with cawley in the centre, whelan on the left and kavanagh on the right and molloy just behind myler.

--------------Gregg

Pender---- Doherty--Delaney---- Cronin

--------------Tresson

Kavanagh-----Cawley-------Whelan

--------------Molloy

--------------Myler

Seagull
18/12/2007, 8:54 PM
OMG!!! LOL!!!

Funny guy. It's a rule of the forum.

BobtheDrog
19/12/2007, 11:42 PM
whelan can do a job in the centre, he mostly played on the right wing for us, playing him on the left would be a mistake