PDA

View Full Version : Rugby's Genesis Report

OwlsFan
18/12/2007, 8:56 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2007/1217/genesis.html

One of the conclusions was that in order to protect the players, they didn't play in enough high intensity games prior to the tournament. Mr. Benitez are you listening: resting players makes them stale apparently??

pete
18/12/2007, 10:44 AM
The report opens serious questions about Eddie O'Sullivan - lack of match practice & no dedicated backs coach. It was clear his plan was he use the first 2 "easy" pool matches as warm up hoping to peak by 3rd match - in that way small squad would not be burnt out for the final. There was no plan B.

On the other hand the report is really just a survey of players & officials. Genesis know no more about rugby that they do football so just report opinions of others.

shakermaker1982
18/12/2007, 11:30 AM
I was wanting some juicy gossip like O'Gara owing the forwards 50 euros each with them refusing to play ball until he paid up!! Instead we're told it was down to a lack of match practice. Wow. I hope they're ready for the 6 nations.

Torn-Ado
18/12/2007, 1:29 PM
I think its all rubbish.

Match pratice? Didn't Scotland, England and France all play the same amount of warm up matches. It was simply down to the fact that our players and management are a bunch of bottling incompetent monkeys.

Rovers fan
23/12/2007, 7:31 PM
this report was a waste of time. We were obviously going to find out something new, we all saw the disaster unfold

Student Mullet
28/12/2007, 4:04 AM
We should remember that we haven't seen the report. All we've heard is the IRFU board's interpretations of it.

CollegeTillIDie
28/12/2007, 7:43 AM
It was simply down to the fact that our players and management are a bunch of bottling incompetent monkeys.

Could the same charge be levelled at the national football team too? Are Irish people in general bottling incompetent monkeys when it comes to sport? Norn Ireland are exempt from that charge folks.

RogerMilla
28/12/2007, 11:16 AM
Could the same charge be levelled at the national football team too? Are Irish people in general bottling incompetent monkeys when it comes to sport? Norn Ireland are exempt from that charge folks.

I certainly think the rugby team are bottlers , i cannot think of one occasion where they have stood up and won a big game which actually had something riding on it.

I am thinking of vs. Aus in 91 , France in 95 WC , Scotland the Foot and Mouth year, aainst france and australia in 2003 , last year against France in croker. Vs france in landsdowne a couple of years back and again against wales the same year, consistently losing games which would have led to titles.

the big wins against england and france were on most occasions dead rubbers...

perversely i thought they made a great fist of the argentina game in this world cup in that they were hampered by the need for the bonus point but they really went for it and didnt bow out due to bottling it.

as for the football team they have never let us down on the big stage , in my opinion...