PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Kenny Back at the Candystripes

Pages : [1] 2

Block G Raptor
18/12/2007, 8:23 AM
According to the Metro Kenny will put pen to paper on a 3 year deal at the Brandywell this week

dcfc_1928
18/12/2007, 8:26 AM
He has signed NOTHING yet - a lot of the media are jumping the gun.

Block G Raptor
18/12/2007, 8:31 AM
Derry Chairman Quoted as saying "We ARE delighted to have stephen back at the Brandywell"
Sounds pretty decisive to me
see here also http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=840627#post840627

dcfc_1928
18/12/2007, 8:33 AM
He has agreed personal terms, but there are still some other issues which need resolved.

Regardless of what the papers are saying, he hasn't signed any contract yet.

Block G Raptor
18/12/2007, 8:34 AM
If you read my first post again you'll see that I've said he WILL sign this week
never said he'd signed yet

dcfc_1928
18/12/2007, 8:39 AM
And I never questioned your post.......some media outlets are claiming he is the new manager, when he isn't yet. It is those reports that I am clarifying

If you read my first post again you'll see that I've said he WILL sign this week
never said he'd signed yet

Block G Raptor
18/12/2007, 8:39 AM
Ok Cool

gustavo
18/12/2007, 8:56 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/1218/derrycity.html?rss

MariborKev
18/12/2007, 9:09 AM
Exactly Gustavo.

Despite what the media are reporting, he has not signed yet.....

Anto McC
18/12/2007, 9:11 AM
Will he be allowed back in Derry, he didn't exactly leave on great terms with some of the locals?

MariborKev
18/12/2007, 9:18 AM
Will he be allowed back in Derry, he didn't exactly leave on great terms with some of the locals?

There will always be a few dissenters but the reaction is overwhelmingly positive.

After Frodo and Robbo people just want us playing football for a change.

There will unfortunately be huge, and unrealistic, expectation when Kenny returns....

lofty9
18/12/2007, 10:16 AM
There will always be a few dissenters but the reaction is overwhelmingly positive.

After Frodo and Robbo people just want us playing football for a change.

There will unfortunately be huge, and unrealistic, expectation when Kenny returns....

Most people I know were very disappointed of the timing of his departure.

Anyhow, if he is back, then no better man for the job. Hopefully, he will see it as a longterm project allied to the Brandywell Properties development. We need stability, the only expectation I have is that he gets the players bonded like he did before and gets them playing for each other again. As long as I see that displayed I'll be happy enough. Progress should be gauged by fans over a 2-3 year period. The problem is - will SK visualise himself at the Brandywell in 2 years?

After Fenlon's dismantling of any type of football and atmosphere at the Brandywell I am delighted he is likely to come back. Robertson was never interested in it and most people realised this after 3months affecting everything around the club.

Port Saint
18/12/2007, 10:17 AM
Didn't follow that closely but there seems a lot of the team he put together have moved on. Does he need to completely rebuild of will he be able to be competitve with what's there now?

MariborKev
18/12/2007, 10:22 AM
In typical football fan speak, we need 4-5 players.....

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 10:25 AM
Chances of his Dumfermline signings (like Horseface Ryan) moving with him back to the Northwest?

MariborKev
18/12/2007, 10:54 AM
Chances of his Dumfermline signings (like Horseface Ryan) moving with him back to the Northwest?

More likely his backroom staff will follow....

pete
18/12/2007, 11:02 AM
I would say he is on a hiding to nothing. Expectations will be too high especially in his first season. How long before he looks abroad again?

superfrank
18/12/2007, 12:01 PM
I would say he is on a hiding to nothing. Expectations will be too high especially in his first season.
Victim of his own success. We've seen what he can do in Ireland with Longford and Derry so of course expectations will be high.

Raheny Red
18/12/2007, 12:16 PM
It's a disgrace that he's been allowed back to the eL :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6i-h65fJY

:D

Flexy
18/12/2007, 12:19 PM

Whys that then???????

Sonic
18/12/2007, 12:21 PM
Maybe its lost on the rest of ye but Longford Town have also appointed a new Manager Aaron Callaghan!

DmanDmythDledge
18/12/2007, 12:24 PM

I prefer this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpEXip5X1U) for Roddy's comments at the end. :D

Raheny Red
18/12/2007, 12:35 PM
Whys that then???????

He was told to get lost and he clearly hasn't listened, his carry on was despicable. ";)" <- inserted for those lacking a sense of humour.

amaccann
18/12/2007, 12:54 PM
Kinda surprised he came back. Thought his family had settled into Scottish life?

dublinwanderer
18/12/2007, 1:18 PM
great for derry to get kenny back. it mite take a while though for him to get the team back playing the way they were b4 he left.

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 1:53 PM
I would say he is on a hiding to nothing. Expectations will be too high especially in his first season. How long before he looks abroad again?

Well pete - we know how fickle Derry fans can be recently - they've outfickled even the Big Club in terms of wanting the moon on a stick

Flexy
18/12/2007, 1:53 PM
He was told to get lost and he clearly hasn't listened, his carry on was despicable.
Who listens to Stuart Byrne

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 2:02 PM
He was told to get lost and he clearly hasn't listened, his carry on was despicable.

Ah man up ffs

Like what Kenny did was worse than ANYTHING your lot got up to over the past few years (including charging into stands to try to confiscate banners off opposition supporters).

"But he making PHONE CALLS! Oh the Humanity!"

What you must question is the loyalty of Mr S Byrne - for as soon as the cash dried up he was off like a shot up the road for the next gravy train...

ndrog
18/12/2007, 2:11 PM
What you must question is the loyalty of Mr S Byrne - for as soon as the cash dried up he was off like a shot up the road for the next gravy train...[/QUOTE]

What did you expect hime to do ? Stay there and not get paid :rolleyes: Lets forget about the bills , mortgage , kids , wife etc .Loyalty me whole .

MariborKev
18/12/2007, 2:15 PM
It will make for a few tasty quotes anyway.

Healy was trying to rile SK in the run up to a NorthWest derby. Kenny said nothing and then

"When you beat your rivals by ten points, your assert your authority. When your beat your rivals by fifty four points there is nothing left to say".

Flexy
18/12/2007, 2:19 PM
It will make for a few tasty quotes anyway.

Healy was trying to rile SK in the run up to a NorthWest derby. Kenny said nothing and then

"When you beat your rivals by ten points, your assert your authority. When your beat your rivals by fifty four points there is nothing left to say".
Well said Maribor, think kenny will shut a few folk up, bring it on, and lets get into stuey the rant byrne next year.

Raheny Red
18/12/2007, 3:09 PM
Some of you need to get a sense of humour, I was quoting Byrne as a joke, make sure you get a sarcasm detector in your stocking this Christmas. Jesus, liven up :rolleyes:

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 3:17 PM
Some of you need to get a sense of humour, I was quoting Byrne as a joke, make sure you get a sarcasm detector in your stocking this Christmas. Jesus, liven up :rolleyes:

Ah - that old Interweb Chestnut - "Oh no - people have totally shown me up for making a rubbish point - so I'll say I was only joking to try to save the little face I have left"

BIG MASSIVE ROLLYEYES THING

Next patient please Nurse...

Raheny Red
18/12/2007, 3:25 PM
Ah - that old Interweb Chestnut - "Oh no - people have totally shown me up for making a rubbish point - so I'll say I was only joking to try to save the little face I have left"

Sorry, I wasn't joking I think Byrne was right, my bad.

Mr A
18/12/2007, 3:34 PM
You're a bit tetchy today Reiteoir. Is somebody somewhere eating your toffee crisp or what?

Anto McC
18/12/2007, 3:42 PM

I thought it was fairly obvious he was taking the p*ss. Come on now Réiteoir, it doesn't take a genius.

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 3:48 PM
You're a bit tetchy today Reiteoir. Is somebody somewhere eating your toffee crisp or what?

The machine was all out - I had to make to with a bloody Double Decker instead :mad:

I thought it was fairly obvious he was taking the p*ss. Come on now Réiteoir, it doesn't take a genius.

Well - clearly it didn't if you understood it :D

Anyway, call it a draw - can we get back to the real matter in hand - some Derry-bashing...

Anto McC
18/12/2007, 3:51 PM
Well - clearly it didn't if you understood it :D

I never claimed to be one anyway. By the way, is that last post, your way of back peddling because you look a little foolish now?

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 4:30 PM
Not really - you must be confusing me with someone who gaf.

Anyway, lets not bicker and argue - it brings the atmosphere down...

dortie
18/12/2007, 6:20 PM

The mighty Shelbourne, where are they now....lol

Réiteoir
18/12/2007, 11:41 PM
The mighty Shelbourne, where are they now....lol

Tolka - where they've always been - keep up

GavinZac
19/12/2007, 12:28 AM

ah that old chestnut - denial that one has thoroughly been whooshed

OneRedArmy
19/12/2007, 12:34 PM
Well pete - we know how fickle Derry fans can be recently - they've outfickled even the Big Club in terms of wanting the moon on a stickROFL.

I'm going to make a plaque of this quote and present it to you.

With the date and time on it.

cestlavie
19/12/2007, 2:30 PM
Defo not a done deal, heard his demands are a big stumbling block, Although, he had a succesful time at Derry, At the end of the day, It should be the DCFC show not the Stephen Kenny show. It appears the new chairman jumped the gun on this one.

Aaron
19/12/2007, 5:04 PM
Defo not a done deal, heard his demands are a big stumbling block, Although, he had a succesful time at Derry, At the end of the day, It should be the DCFC show not the Stephen Kenny show. It appears the new chairman jumped the gun on this one.

Well you heard wrong. Kenny is happy with the personal terms on the table as he told Adrian Logan of UTV yesterday but just wants the squad structure sorted out, as in the amount of players he can bring in/have in his squad.

cestlavie
19/12/2007, 5:11 PM
I wouldnt be as confident as you. Are all the board in agreement???? Whats Is the hold up then!

Aaron
19/12/2007, 5:24 PM
I wouldnt be as confident as you. Are all the board in agreement???? Whats Is the hold up then!

The hold up is his agent wants some gurantees written on paper, he HAS agreed personal terms, just wants guarantees on squad details and all will be signed. He has already stated he will only manage Derry in the LOI, no other team

Anto McC
19/12/2007, 5:27 PM
Are the Derry board getting gurantees from him in return, that he not just going to up and f*ck off as soon as a team across the water comes calling?

Aaron
19/12/2007, 5:32 PM
Are the Derry board getting gurantees from him in return, that he not just going to up and f*ck off as soon as a team across the water comes calling?

Yes, I think one of the terms of his contract were that we would get compo if a club across the water came in for him. He has AGREED for 3 years with an option of a 4th.

dortie
19/12/2007, 6:48 PM
Tolka - where they've always been - keep up

Response of the century..hardy har har