PDA

View Full Version : Limerick match

LFC in Exile
03/06/2003, 2:24 PM
Report in the Limerick Leader last night which mentioned that Limerick were trying to have the Kildare match moved back from Thursday to Saturday night. Great news if its true. Anyone of you got any news on that? Would suit you guys as well.

Estar
03/06/2003, 10:28 PM
Have'nt heard anything. Should be a great match, with Limerick playing well this year. Looking forward to my visit to Limerick this year be it Thursday or Saturday. Have ye flood lights in the Pike?:D

LFC in Exile
05/06/2003, 3:37 PM
No floodlights. It's a long story - but basically they got left behind at our second last ground and the guys that run the club that took over are not the sort of lads to go messing with.

I think the game is fixed for Thursday - some of your lads going on holidays for the season break or something.

Estar
05/06/2003, 10:43 PM
Dont know anything about hoildays! If I go to Ireland match on Wednesday might not be able to make Limerick match (work wise). I see ye let Dundalk win a match.;)

LFC in Exile
06/06/2003, 9:02 AM
I'm in the same boat about the reland - Limerick match. I live in Cork!

Really disappointed with last night's result. A win and we go second - it's just like us to balls it up. Our problem all season has been taking our chances. Some day we are really going to go crazy and bang in 6 or 7. We're due them. Maybe next Thursday? :)

Countyman
06/06/2003, 2:25 PM
6 or 7???....thats optimism for ye. Can you not save those goals to hammer Queenstown :p

There will probably be feck all Kildare supporters down there on thursday which is a pity. I enjoyed my trip to the jacks last year and was looking forward to seeing your new ground and maybe even chatting about the S.C. Anymore time off and I may forget about a good review in work.

how is the S.C. going for ye by the way?

Estar
08/06/2003, 12:59 PM
How are Limerick fixed for the match player wise, anyone doing exams, injured or banned?;)

Not that I hope they are or anything:p

Looks like ye have improved alot from last year, but so have we!

Have Limerick a big pitch or a small one (size wise)?

LFC in Exile
10/06/2003, 11:40 AM
Not sure about James Sugrue - he might still be involved in Leaving Cert. He's a handy right winger. Every one else I think is okay - Paddy Purcell coming back from suspension after the Dundalk debacle.

Countyman, pity you won't be there. We had a meeting about the SC at the last game to see who was interested and there was a modest but seemingly committed group at it. Another meeting after the Kildare match.

I saw the mail you sent to Dave - thanks. It was really useful. JohnD and Dave (Deise Deserter) are the real forces behind it I think and they are doing a good job.

Kildare are back in the Pike for the last game of the season when we will both by vying for the automatic promotion spot. That will probably be a Sunday kick-off because we have no lights and all the matches will have to be played at the same time. See you then.:ball: