PDA

View Full Version : Our plan didn't work

rambler14
17/12/2007, 3:47 PM
Ramblers weren't nominated for RTE Team of the Year(bulls**t). Those that made it are:

1) The Kilkenny Hurling team, who claimed their 30th All Ireland senior title this year
2) The Irish cricket team, who beat Pakistan after qualifying for the Cricket World Cup and then went on to perform brilliantly in the Super Six stage of the tournament
3) First-time FAI eircom Premier League champions Drogheda United
4) Three-in-a-row All-Ireland Senior Ladies' Football champions Cork
5) Special Olympics Team Ireland, following their amazing success at the World Games where they took home 119 medals
6) The Wexford Camogie team who captured their first All-Ireland senior title in 32 years
7) The Kerry senior footballers, who became the first football team to win back to back All-Irelands since 1990.

COME ON THE IRISH CRICKET TEAM!!!! Drogheda get nominated and we don't......what a load of sh*t. We did better than the Wexford camogie team didn't we???

I have to say i'm dissappointed.

luka
17/12/2007, 3:59 PM
Ramblers weren't nominated for RTE Team of the Year(bulls**t). Those that made it are:

1) The Kilkenny Hurling team, who claimed their 30th All Ireland senior title this year
2) The Irish cricket team, who beat Pakistan after qualifying for the Cricket World Cup and then went on to perform brilliantly in the Super Six stage of the tournament
3) First-time FAI eircom Premier League champions Drogheda United
4) Three-in-a-row All-Ireland Senior Ladies' Football champions Cork
5) Special Olympics Team Ireland, following their amazing success at the World Games where they took home 119 medals
6) The Wexford Camogie team who captured their first All-Ireland senior title in 32 years
7) The Kerry senior footballers, who became the first football team to win back to back All-Irelands since 1990.

COME ON THE IRISH CRICKET TEAM!!!! Drogheda get nominated and we don't......what a load of sh*t. We did better than the Wexford camogie team didn't we???

I have to say i'm dissappointed.

Ramblers achieved more that some of the above put together FFS.

rambler14
17/12/2007, 4:00 PM
Once Drogheda, Kilkenny or Kerry don't win i'll be happy.

micls
17/12/2007, 5:06 PM
Ramblers achieved more that some of the above put together FFS.

You're having a laugh right? The cricket team should walk away with it.

No one has come near their achievement in a long time

luka
17/12/2007, 5:15 PM
You're having a laugh right?

No. Not laughing at all.

No one has come near their achievement in a long time

Probably because no-one really plays that game. I have to say it's probably the most boring game I've ever seen about. Personal opinion of course.

sligoman
17/12/2007, 5:25 PM
Did ye honestly expect Cobh to be involved in this? Need to get a grip lads and put things in perspective.

6yardpunisha
17/12/2007, 6:13 PM
Did ye honestly expect Cobh to be involved in this? Need to get a grip lads and put things in perspective.

The Wexford womens stick fighting team got nominated:eek:

rambler14
17/12/2007, 7:18 PM

We expected cause we nominated.

ramsfan
17/12/2007, 8:23 PM
what do you really expect if ten thousand votes were cast for rams we still wont win, could you imagine if 6 loi teams were the highest polling do you think 6 would get nominated never there would be uproar always has to be majority gaa and one unusual sport then remainder is foot or rugby

drinkfeckarse
18/12/2007, 7:28 AM
A bit disappointing considering some of the teams nominated but there are some genuine successes there that deserve it more anyway. The only award that mattered this season to the Rams was claimed up in Athlone anyway.

Ash
18/12/2007, 7:40 AM
All the nominations were from the top tier of their sport
so I presume that's why Ramblers didnt make the list

RĂ©iteoir
18/12/2007, 7:57 AM
I have to say it's probably the most boring game I've ever seen about. Personal opinion of course.

Could say the same about Cobh Ramblers tbh

No-one gives two hoots about the First Division anyway - it's for those diddy clubs who aren't good enough to mix it with the big boys until they somehow become the team which aren't quite as rubbish as the other 11.

To summarise - cop on to yourself son

luka
18/12/2007, 8:26 AM
Could say the same about Cobh Ramblers tbh

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

No-one gives two hoots about the First Division anyway - it's for those diddy clubs who aren't good enough to mix it with the big boys until they somehow become the team which aren't quite as rubbish as the other 11.

Hahahahahahahahaa............ nice one :rolleyes:

To summarise - cop on to yourself son

Never knew there were 'pensioners' on here

passinginterest
18/12/2007, 9:34 AM
We did better than the Wexford camogie team didn't we???

No. No you didn't. First Camogie All Ireland win for Wexford in 30 years. It was a phenomenal achievement. In the last five years or so they've gone form a team of no hoper's to an All Ireland winning side. It's like Dublin breaking through and winning the All Ireland hurling final. They got nearly as big a homecoming in Wexford as the hurling team back in 1996.

They'd be deserving winners of the award.
I'd still give it to the cricketers though.

Cici900
18/12/2007, 4:24 PM
Ahem we won our FIRST EVER trophy.

John83
18/12/2007, 5:00 PM
This.

don ramo
20/12/2007, 6:53 PM
i sent it to a few people, and 2 of them said they voted for the cricket team instead:o, roten b******s:mad:,

ramsfan
20/12/2007, 7:02 PM
name and shame and we will official shun them:D:D

rambler14
20/12/2007, 7:05 PM
public burning