PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League Division 1

BobbyBoy
17/12/2007, 2:45 PM
See if we can get something going!

BobbyBoy
17/12/2007, 2:47 PM
Anybody have any input about the 1st divison?? some decent teams in it, and some very promising players too. Lots of young teams and its very competitive!!

champagne
18/12/2007, 12:04 PM
Who's looking good to go up BobbyBoy? Mayfield were very unlucky to go down last year, I thought they looked like title contenders for a while but they just fell apart. Have they managed to hang on to the bulk of their players?

Leeds will be there or there abouts too no doubt.

What's the story with Ballincollig? They seem to have come out of nowhere this year. Who have they got playing for them these days?

gee wizz
18/12/2007, 12:46 PM
Who's looking good to go up BobbyBoy? Mayfield were very unlucky to go down last year, I thought they looked like title contenders for a while but they just fell apart. Have they managed to hang on to the bulk of their players?

Leeds will be there or there abouts too no doubt.

What's the story with Ballincollig? They seem to have come out of nowhere this year. Who have they got playing for them these days?

From what i can gather the team to watch will be St.Marys,will come down to them and ballincollig,i cant see leeds getting up this year,i know they are second in the table but they dont seem to have that killer instinct about them,i think that because they failed to get up last year this will have a big effect on them come they end of the season as sir alex would say squeaky bum time and they just dont seem to keep there heads at that crucial time more interested in trying to bully a win out of teams instead of playing to they're strenghts,imo:ball:

Yoda01
18/12/2007, 2:56 PM
From what i can gather the team to watch will be St.Marys,will come down to them and ballincollig,i cant see leeds getting up this year,i know they are second in the table but they dont seem to have that killer instinct about them,i think that because they failed to get up last year this will have a big effect on them come they end of the season as sir alex would say squeaky bum time and they just dont seem to keep there heads at that crucial time more interested in trying to bully a win out of teams instead of playing to they're strenghts,imo:ball:

will be 2 of ballincollig, st. marys and leeds!
it's a competive league this year which should stand to any team thats goes up! ballincollig are a good footballing side along with leeds and mayfield, st mary's are the team that try to bully teams to a win gee wiz but they are a quick team that catch teams on the break, not sure if u have seen any games in the frst division this year!

BobbyBoy
18/12/2007, 5:02 PM
Well i do agree about Mary's, they are a strong side but not the best football wise. Ballincollig are very young indeed average age cant be more than 22 with most of them less than that. Mayfield lost alot of the players they had last year such as Cummins and the Micky and Robbie D. But they still have the bulk of the players that got them promoted 2 years ago.

Not sure about leeds to be honest have seen them play and i'm not overly impressed. Although they are doing well in the table. There are alot of teams out there that will give teams trouble the like of Mallow and Femoy will take points off these top teams as will Tramore.

If Ballincollig keep going this way its hard to see them not going up but i do believe that its wide open after this!

mayfield utd
19/12/2007, 9:46 AM
ya mayfield lost a few from last year but have signed 1 or 2 good players in the last week r so steph hurley has signed back from rockmount and i know a young fella from tipp has signed but i heard he broke his leg in his first game playing 4 the junior team senior had no game and want 2 c him play

gee wizz
19/12/2007, 1:31 PM
will be 2 of ballincollig, st. marys and leeds!
it's a competive league this year which should stand to any team thats goes up! ballincollig are a good footballing side along with leeds and mayfield, st mary's are the team that try to bully teams to a win gee wiz but they are a quick team that catch teams on the break, not sure if u have seen any games in the frst division this year!

Only my opinion have played against them 3 or 4 times in the last year and felt if the game was going against them they resorted to bullying a result out of teams or maybe it was just our team

Yoda01
19/12/2007, 4:38 PM
Only my opinion have played against them 3 or 4 times in the last year and felt if the game was going against them they resorted to bullying a result out of teams or maybe it was just our team

from what i've seen their a much different team this year gee wiz! (i watch a lot of msl games) they lost 4 players this year and it seems to suit their play better but thats only my opinion, i mightn't have a clue!!!!!!!

gee wizz
19/12/2007, 6:46 PM
Nice to hear that,havn't seen many 1st div games so i could only go on last year,nice to be proved wrong

Yoda01
21/12/2007, 10:07 AM
happy christmas lads, have a good one :)
p.s. no games for 2 weeks, god help us!!!

balls
21/12/2007, 12:29 PM
lads moving to cork in february. looking for club. think id be able for munster senior league div1 have played premier football in tipp last few years. would there be much of a season left from february on. many league games left etc.

gee wizz
21/12/2007, 9:17 PM
lads moving to cork in february. looking for club. think id be able for munster senior league div1 have played premier football in tipp last few years. would there be much of a season left from february on. many league games left etc.

which part of cork ie city or county,would narrow down the options of teams available,if the weather gets anyway bad come january there would be a good few games left for all teams in all the divs,post where you are going to be living and all the lads on the forum will lend a hand in putting you on the right track:o

balls
25/12/2007, 3:24 PM
will be living in blackpool but girlfriend is from hollyhill. so club anywhere around the city. wouldnt mind if there struggling or going well just as long as theres regular training and good chance of getting a game at the weekend.

gee wizz
28/12/2007, 9:46 PM
castleview,templemount,leeds are all teams around your area

mayfield utd
14/01/2008, 12:03 PM
any results i know there was no games at the weekend the week b4 mayfield beat Tramore Ath 3-1 good game and a good result 4 mayfield also beat rockmount 1-0 in a friendly the weekend just gone

BobbyBoy
15/01/2008, 3:24 PM
Nope no games played, MSL called all games off on thursday i think.

Tramore Mayfield game was good alright, Tramore left too much to do because of the poor start. Stef Hurley was a good signing for ye in fairness. Think there is a full lot of matchs this week:

College Corinthians v Tramore Ath
Fermoy v Ballincollig
Mallow Utd v Ballinhassig
Mayfield Utd v Ringmahon Ranger

But i cant see the Mallow game goin ahead with the rain recently!

abbeyvale
15/01/2008, 11:24 PM
Nope no games played, MSL called all games off on thursday i think.

Tramore Mayfield game was good alright, Tramore left too much to do because of the poor start. Stef Hurley was a good signing for ye in fairness. Think there is a full lot of matchs this week:

College Corinthians v Tramore Ath
Fermoy v Ballincollig
Mallow Utd v Ballinhassig
Mayfield Utd v Ringmahon Ranger

But i cant see the Mallow game goin ahead with the rain recently!

Lads
Has anyone an up to date league table?
Also
Can anyone tell me anything about Fermoy? Are they strong and how are they doing this year?

Clifford
16/01/2008, 9:27 AM
Lads
Has anyone an up to date league table?
Also
Can anyone tell me anything about Fermoy? Are they strong and how are they doing this year?

See my reply in other thread, table here

http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/

mayfield utd
20/01/2008, 2:14 PM
was there any other first division played this weekend mayfield beat ringmahon 3-0

Yoda01
20/01/2008, 10:25 PM
was there any other first division played this weekend mayfield beat ringmahon 3-0

corinthians beat tramore 3-2 at home!!!

BobbyBoy
28/01/2008, 1:33 AM
Tramore beat Ringmahon 7-0 away from home this morning

Clifford
07/07/2010, 12:35 AM
Anyone interested any more in this div? I might be this season...:waiting:

Southsider
07/07/2010, 11:25 PM
Anyone interested any more in this div? I might be this season...:waiting:
I didnt even take notice of this thread. Sine my team Casement are in it this year il be very interested. are you the Clifford a native of my own home parish of Ballyphehane ?

Clifford
29/07/2010, 11:16 PM
No Southsider, not him, but good friends with him if it's the surname of the same lad youre thinking of.

I'm involved with Fermoy this season, should be fun. Not been involved in the MSL for years. Like 93/94.

Wonder if anymore will come on here. All welcome as usual. We played Midleton last night, lost it 3-1, but some decent footie for early preseason and missing a few. You up and running yet?

Southsider
01/08/2010, 9:22 PM
No Southsider, not him, but good friends with him if it's the surname of the same lad youre thinking of.

I'm involved with Fermoy this season, should be fun. Not been involved in the MSL for years. Like 93/94.

Wonder if anymore will come on here. All welcome as usual. We played Midleton last night, lost it 3-1, but some decent footie for early preseason and missing a few. You up and running yet?
Ya played Springfield Yesterday 0-0. Poor first half but way better second half. Blown up a bit early fierce handbags threw out. First game so wouldnt read 2 much in 2 it. Midleton will be good this year, Knolsey and Willy Byrne play ?

ringmahon4ever
19/08/2010, 7:43 PM
ringmahon will be involved this year.relagated last year.have a young team but expierience there.hammered tramore in friendly at weekend.hopefully we will push for honours this year with new manager

Clifford
28/08/2010, 10:19 PM
2010-09-04 Cobh Wanderers Leeds 3pm J. Linehane Oldchurch Park
2010-09-04 Casement Celtic College Corinthians 3pm G. Stephens
2010-09-04 Ringmahon Ranger Mallow Utd 3pm T. Long
2010-09-05 Fermoy Ballincollig 10.45am T. Callanan

ringmahon4ever
04/09/2010, 5:33 PM
ringmahon beat malow 3-0.should of been way more.
2010-09-04 Cobh Wanderers Leeds 3pm J. Linehane Oldchurch Park
2010-09-04 Casement Celtic College Corinthians 3pm G. Stephens
2010-09-04 Ringmahon Ranger Mallow Utd 3pm T. Long
2010-09-05 Fermoy Ballincollig 10.45am T. Callanan

Clifford
04/09/2010, 7:37 PM
Leeds appear to have put six past Wanderers as well during the week.

Clifford
09/09/2010, 12:00 PM
Wanderers went one up and all. Think Wanderers are at home to Femoy Saturday at 3

Yeah, we'll be down just before two hopefully. Whereabouts is the pitch again? Years since Ive been there. I assume the lads will know, but better to be safe. Is it up in the school at the top of the town or was that donkeys yrs ago? Im talking the last time I played there which was about 95....not that I'm ancient or anything..ha ha.

Clifford
11/09/2010, 6:35 PM
Cheers Bellavistaman,

Comefortable 2-0 win for Fermoy. Goal after 10 in both halves sorted out a comfortable day at the office. Cobh battled all the way to the end and never gave in when it would have been easy to do so. Good bunch of young fellas, stick with it and the results will come.

Two wins from two for us, Castleview at home next week I think. Any other scores?

Clifford
13/09/2010, 3:07 PM
Naw, I manage now, first season at the management thing. Hung up the boots a while back. Were you there?