PDA

View Full Version : CIE Unions - Completely Out of Control

Boh_So_Good
17/12/2007, 12:25 PM
Fresh from the recent Harristown attempted racketeering shakedown on taxpayers and public transport users, the deranged entity that is the CIE unions yesterday canceled some trains to Cork and there is havoc on the Cork-Cobh services. Drivers walking out, the works.

The reason! Get this, the "family" (and I mean this is absolute literal terms) which sells the tickets at Kent Station in Cork do not like the new timetable. Daddy, junior and other uncles and cousins (so much for equal oppertunity employment in public sectors), they just do not like it one bit.

The timetable has been announced months back. Irish Rail have been going on for years about increased services. The ticket staff had weeks to "voice their concern" in the end, in classic NBRU time-honoured fashion they waited until people arrive at train stations before shouting "tools down lads"

There have also been investigations in the past into fare cash receipts not matching the ticket sold at Kent Station. Of course the NBRU sided on the side of the ticket collector who was being investigated. He is one of the disgruntled employees not happy about the new timetable.

When you live in a world were accountability is absent, you develop your own warped notions of morality and behavior. Especially if you have a job for life and us dumb animals in the private sector are paying for it all - no questions asked.

Tickets are being sold on the trains out of Cork this morning. The family are drinking tea and sitting behind the glass widow on the blower to their mullahs in Liberty Hall.

1 billion Euro is what Benchmarking is costing Irish private sector workers in 2008.

Dodge
17/12/2007, 12:48 PM
1 billion Euro is what Benchmarking is costing Irish private sector workers in 2008.

Is it not costing all Irish workers that?

any links for this story?

Boh_So_Good
17/12/2007, 1:24 PM
Saw the 1 billion figure on a few posts a while back on politics.ie and the links were there. Do a search and you'll find them. Using the Dof stats it is around 1.2 billion Euro in 2008.

The bottom line is Benchmarking is a shocking scam. The public sector workers are a joke and already over paid. There is no accountability and their level of service is pathetic. Form cancer misdiagnoses, MRSA and work-to-rule HSE cleaners, to P-PARS. And yet they all expect their benchmarking increases no matter what. Unreal!

All that money for Benchmarking in an economy were people in the private sector being laid off, while CIE unions are as insane as ever and civil servants looking up their neigbours financial records for a giggle and they all get paid more than the rest of us who actually work for a living. And yet they all expect their benchmarking increases no matter what.

I wonder if the "dedicated public servant" who is currently being investigated by CAB in the motor VAT scam will still get the usual sensational pubic sector pension when he gets out of the clink. The scary thing is his union rep is probably advising him on this right now.

Benchmaking and Partnership should be abolished. End of story. Either that or make union membership in the public sector illegal. The current situation is economic aparthide and private sector workers are the oppressed and the civil service and semi-state "workers" are the oppressors of the Irish working man and woman.

Back to CIE - the family in Cork ticket office are still drinking tea. Pallet burning expected shortly. Much stoking of SIPTU and NBRU beards on RTE expected...:rolleyes:

Dodge
17/12/2007, 1:39 PM
Saw the 1 billion figure on a few posts a while back on politics.ie and the links were there. Do a search and you'll find them. Using the Dof stats it is around 1.2 billion Euro in 2008.

Sorry, was looking for some sort of link on your Cork story. Plenty of stuff about benchmarking out there

I'll let someone else deal with your other ramblings

osarusan
17/12/2007, 1:41 PM
Fresh from the recent Harristown attempted racketeering shakedown on taxpayers and public transport users

the "family" (and I mean this is absolute literal terms) which sells the tickets at Kent Station in Cork do not like the new timetable. Daddy, junior and other uncles and cousins (so much for equal oppertunity employment in public sectors)

There have also been investigations in the past into fare cash receipts not matching the ticket sold at Kent Station.

Back to CIE - the family in Cork ticket office are still drinking tea. Pallet burning expected shortly.

any links for this story?

Do a search and you'll find them.

You do realise that the onus is on you to provide links don't you? So that everybody knows the post isn't just an exaggerated rant.

pete
17/12/2007, 2:17 PM
Can't find any links...

Cork to Dublin Heuston today is cancelled due to operational problems, involving absences not being covered by drivers. (http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=313)

Would not out anything past the Irish Rail employees though & particular the Cork based section who have been very militant in the past.

The last big dispute (http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0515/rail.html) involved drivers basically trying unofficial shakedown Irish Rail for increased pay or shorter hours to operate new trains.

dahamsta
17/12/2007, 2:30 PM
Links or I'm deleting the thread, in an hour.

TonyD
17/12/2007, 8:26 PM

The bottom line is Benchmarking is a shocking scam. The public sector workers are a joke and already over paid. There is no accountability and their level of service is pathetic.[/I] Form cancer misdiagnoses, MRSA and work-to-rule HSE cleaners, to P-PARS. And yet they all expect their benchmarking increases no matter what. Unreal!

All that money for Benchmarking in an economy were people in the private sector being laid off, while CIE unions are as insane as ever and civil servants looking up their neigbours financial records for a giggle and they all get paid more than the rest of us who actually work for a living. And yet they all expect their benchmarking increases no matter what.

I wonder if the "dedicated public servant" who is currently being investigated by CAB in the motor VAT scam will still get the usual sensational pubic sector pension when he gets out of the clink. The scary thing is his union rep is probably advising him on this right now.

Benchmaking and Partnership should be abolished. End of story. Either that or make union membership in the public sector illegal. The current situation is economic aparthide and private sector workers are the oppressed and the civil service and semi-state "workers" are the oppressors of the Irish working man and woman.
Back to CIE - the family in Cork ticket office are still drinking tea. Pallet burning expected shortly. Much stoking of SIPTU and NBRU beards on RTE expected...:rolleyes:

Private sector good ...public sector bad, devils with horns(Probably eat babies in their spare time) blah blah blah...

NeilMcD
17/12/2007, 9:02 PM
I am ashamed that Boh is even in his name.

Lim till i die
17/12/2007, 9:14 PM
Hatred of CIE Unions - Completely Out of Control

Discuss :rolleyes:

Dodge
17/12/2007, 9:49 PM
Links or I'm deleting the thread, in an hour.

I'm not doing but...

pete
17/12/2007, 11:10 PM
Thread Closed. Can be re-opened on supply of external links.