PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Purcell versus Galway

LFC in Exile
03/06/2003, 10:58 AM
Read in the examiner that Purcell was sent off after the final whistle. Anyone see it? He was booked durin gthe game - so a one match ban?

JohnD
03/06/2003, 11:19 AM
Seemingly he said something to the Ref on the way to the dressing room and got another card. Did anyone see the Leader last night. Mr O'Shaughnessy wrote that Jason Purcell ??? gave away the Peno. I nearly fell over laughing. What kind of cretin is he that he does not even know the players' names.

BTW there was a footnote on de paper saying that Limerick are trying to defer the Kildare match till Sat week. Anyone any news on this ??:confused:

gael353
03/06/2003, 12:44 PM
ahhh John herrick won the penalty???? he played with Limerick in the 60's. its his son mark who won it. and one of his catch phrases...."limerick are ticking over nicely," i love it him and his sentence crapology. we should have a murrey walker style Johon O'Shaughnassy isms....

LFC in Exile
03/06/2003, 1:22 PM
If they did move it 'twould suit me down to the ground.

This must have come from somewhere.

sadloserkid
03/06/2003, 1:28 PM
Purcell was definately red-carded and there are plans afoot to change the Kildare game to Saturday. Not sure why to be honest but it's a good move so applause to the commitee for taking the step.

SodacakeFC
03/06/2003, 1:34 PM
I insist that the game is moved to Saturday as I will be there in my thousands

sadloserkid
03/06/2003, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by SodacakeFC
I insist that the game is moved to Saturday as I will be there in my thousands

Yeah, sodacakes for all! :D

sodacakes are not to be thrown at officials, opposition players or opposing fans!