PDA

View Full Version : Dessie Cawley

Martinho II
16/12/2007, 8:56 PM
well lads!

believe that Dessie Cawley and Aaron Callaghan are in the final two for the ltfc position. I know he was a coach with ye guys and he is currently our under 21 manager.

what is your opinion of dessie cawley lads???

clubman
16/12/2007, 10:19 PM
well lads!

believe that Dessie Cawley and Aaron Callaghan are in the final two for the ltfc position. I know he was a coach with ye guys and he is currently our under 21 manager.

what is your opinion of dessie cawley lads???

Dessie's a lovely lad but he'll never hack it in management. He'll walk under pressure and LTFC is a pressure cooker.
He's from the same mold as Gavin Dykes - A Walker!!

avvenalaf
16/12/2007, 10:27 PM
Gavin Dykes isn'e a walker - he's a hoofer.

Martinho II
17/12/2007, 6:01 PM
we will see at nine o clock tonight whos goin to get it... the clubs committee are having a meeting at nine tonight to decide between the two of them...

avvenalaf
17/12/2007, 6:38 PM
That's Charlie Bird sorted for the news tonight, so.

feo123
17/12/2007, 9:20 PM
any word on this?

sligoman
17/12/2007, 9:31 PM
Was talking to Martinho and he said it'll be in the morning when it's announced as a late candidate showed up. Believed to be Ski McGee:eek:

feo123
17/12/2007, 9:35 PM
just drove to longford and said, i want to be a candidate was it?

sligoman
17/12/2007, 9:43 PM
just drove to longford and said, i want to be a candidate was it?No, he rang Marty and he sorted it out for him;).

feo123
17/12/2007, 9:48 PM
No, he rang Marty and he sorted it out for him;).

not too bad, martys high odds to be next manager. 15/1. only 9/1 to be assistant. worth a bet!

Martinho II
18/12/2007, 6:02 PM
not too bad, martys high odds to be next manager. 15/1. only 9/1 to be assistant. worth a bet!

am still in the running for asst manager.. :rolleyes:good choice btw aaron callaghan for town mgr. he useed to manage athlone spent five seasons as asst boss plus from wot i hear from longfordian looks like the locals are finally to get a chance...:)

avvenalaf
18/12/2007, 8:06 PM
Marty, with Longford ir's going to be case of rounding up whoever will play and not need paying too much. (or too often)

Longfordian
18/12/2007, 8:16 PM
am still in the running for asst manager.. :rolleyes:good choice btw aaron callaghan for town mgr. he useed to manage athlone spent five seasons as asst boss plus from wot i hear from longfordian looks like the locals are finally to get a chance...:)

Yes your tactical genius has not gone unnoticed in the corridors of power Martin..Yeah I hear talk of looking more to the locality than previously. Players from Roscommon, Sligo, Mayo sort of area also. Plenty of those in our under 21 set up at present. Des Cawley impressed in the interview seemingly and the club would like to keep him involved in some way seemingly

Martinho II
19/12/2007, 5:38 PM
Marty, with Longford ir's going to be case of rounding up whoever will play and not need paying too much. (or too often)
very true avvenalaf!! i would be pretty confident that aaron will have some very good contacts....

Martinho II
21/12/2007, 7:12 PM
dessie cawley impressed the board very much in his interview that he has being appointed youth officer with the club to bridge the gap currently between the youths and the first team squad which at present is crap!!