guthrie signed, most important piece of business done

rambler14
16/12/2007, 4:02 PM
guthrie signed, most important piece of business done

Really? On loan or what?

BTW Good goal bella

rambler14
20/12/2007, 7:25 PM
Would Conor Sinnott be worth a look at Wexford?

Rams-07
29/12/2007, 10:38 AM
An updates on the signing of new players lads?
Pre-season should be starting in a few weeks

luka
29/12/2007, 1:58 PM
I've heard nothing anyway

rambler14
29/12/2007, 2:51 PM
Other than Alan Kearney

bellavistaman
29/12/2007, 6:45 PM
we dont need anybody IMO, hendo has to to find hungry players who want to make a name for the club and themselves, not money grabbing deadwoods.

Rams-07
30/12/2007, 11:26 AM
Surely we need a bigger squad..last year we were down to the bare bones at times..IMO we need another experienced keeper (look what hapened last year when Bilko got injured)anothrer centre half,a midfielder and a good forward..
Saw alot of City`s home games last year and there is big gap between divisions..

luka
30/12/2007, 1:18 PM
Aye, a few new experienced players wouldn't go astray.

bellavistaman
30/12/2007, 1:59 PM
Surely we need a bigger squad..last year we were down to the bare bones at times..IMO we need another experienced keeper (look what hapened last year when Bilko got injured)anothrer centre half,a midfielder and a good forward..
Saw alot of City`s home games last year and there is big gap between divisions..

City were a shambles last year. We do need a experienced keeper alright. We have murray, guthrie, ken coleman and deccie cahill all good rnough to play CB, Cahill is unlucky in one sense that it will be very hard to break into that team as a CB, but he is definitly goods enough to fill in when there out injured. i think reilly will be like a new signing and will be worth the wait, but it is a gamble.

Aye, a few new experienced players wouldn't go astray.

but the problem with experienced players is will they have the hunger and desire to give us 100% , and they just see this as a winding down period and just extra few bob before they pack up. All the players from last seasondeserve a proper chance.

luka
30/12/2007, 2:44 PM
City were a shambles last year. We do need a experienced keeper alright. We have murray, guthrie, ken coleman and deccie cahill all good rnough to play CB, Cahill is unlucky in one sense that it will be very hard to break into that team as a CB, but he is definitly goods enough to fill in when there out injured. i think reilly will be like a new signing and will be worth the wait, but it is a gamble.

but the problem with experienced players is will they have the hunger and desire to give us 100% , and they just see this as a winding down period and just extra few bob before they pack up. All the players from last seasondeserve a proper chance.

Oh without a doubt Bella. I couldn't agree more. All the players from last year should be once again given a chance, but one or two old heads in there might settle things down a bit. As previously stated, the gap between divs is rather large. Personally, I'd love to see the current squad do without any new additions, but I think it makes sense for Hendo to look out for a few 'Extras' if you like. We're always gonna need cover and what better way to make guys fight for their places than bring in a few new faces. I haven't been signed yet this year though so I might be pushing for a place meself :eek:

.............. in the stands.

micls
30/12/2007, 3:05 PM
City were a shambles last year. We do need a experienced keeper alright.
:D The funny thing is you're right, yet on our day were still considered the best footballing team in the league and won the cup. A shambles to us is finishing fourth.....

I think ye underestimate the difference in the divisions based on the games against us recently in which we have been awful every time. We havent performed against ye in a long time. Obviously next season the stakes will be a lot higher so Id hope that would change but dont underestimate the gap between divisions.

With 3 going down next year its gonna be a long hard struggle for ye, with yourselves, Harps, UCD, Bray, and probably Galway fighting for 2 places to stay up.

All the others have improved and are still improving on last years squads. If ye dont add a few players and most importantly imo a bit of experience(e.g. Beckett for Harps) I dont think ye'l stay up.

What ye do have though is a young hungry bunch of players and from the little I saw of them some talent.

But it wont be easy and I dunno if itl be enough.

I guess we'l see soon enough

luka
30/12/2007, 4:02 PM
The funny thing is you're right, yet on our day were still considered the best footballing team in the league and won the cup. A shambles to us is finishing fourth.....

1-0 against Longford. Best footballing team in the League:eek: ........right!

micls
30/12/2007, 4:19 PM
1-0 against Longford.Best footballing team in the League:eek: ........right!

Beneath you Luka. I always considered you a quality poster ;)

I never claimed our Cup final performance was a quality one. If you read the post again you'll see it says 'on our day'.

We upped our game when we needed to. Did you see the semi final? Many opposition fans spoke of it being the best football in the league.

We did what we had to to win the final, in horrible conditions.

Plenty of opposition fans have said that we were the best footballing side, of course too often this season our huge defensive frailties were exposed leaving us a hill to climb in many many games.

We were far from having a great season, but even with a team of many mediocre players we played some outstanding football and won a cup....and yet it was still a shambles of a season.

Next season will be interesting. Will our new manager(if we ever get one) get us playing the same football? Will we sign players? etc etc but none of that changes the fact that it is a big step up from first division to premier and it will be a big challenge for ye and your young squad.

I personally dont think ye'll stay up without bulking it up a bit especially in terms of experience.Some of your best players are those you didnt make it at premier clubs last time round, and while they have clearly improved since then it will be a big ask for them mentally as well as physically next season. A bit of experience and a cool calm head in with them could make all the difference.

Rams-07
30/12/2007, 4:39 PM
God and fair point...

bellavistaman
31/12/2007, 1:56 AM
:D The funny thing is you're right, yet on our day were still considered the best footballing team in the league and won the cup. A shambles to us is finishing fourth.....

Correct my friend, a shambles to us will be relegated, thats the difference. We wont get relegated, not a hope m 100% confident of that.

I wonder what sort of change matthews/whoever will bring to ye.

BTW its great to hear from a city fan talking sense, a dying breed micls:D:D

jebus
31/12/2007, 3:06 PM
Ye should have taken Kevin Waters off us when he was going lads, I genuinely think he's the most skillful player in the First Division, and would fit into that eager to prove himself mould that BellaVista was on about. Sadly he's signed for Waaaaaterford :(

bellavistaman
31/12/2007, 3:14 PM
ya i heard ramblers were very interested in him at one stage, dont know what happened there though.

micls
31/12/2007, 3:32 PM
Correct my friend, a shambles to us will be relegated, thats the difference. We wont get relegated, not a hope m 100% confident of that.

Fair play for the confidence but do you honestly think your definitely better than harps and 2 premier teams at the moment? If so who?

I wonder what sort of change matthews/whoever will bring to ye.

It really depends who it is. If its Matthews then I have no hope for the new season. If someone else it depends big time on what players we bring in. Thats the really important part. We need at a minimum 5/6 quality players

bellavistaman
31/12/2007, 4:42 PM
Fair play for the confidence but do you honestly think your definitely better than harps and 2 premier teams at the moment? If so who?

Ya i do think were better than harps, league table doesnt lie. We beat them twice they beat us once and one draw. Bray, Galway, Sligo UCd we can all win against and we will definitly upset a few big boys along the way.

micls
31/12/2007, 4:56 PM
Ya i do think were better than harps, league table doesnt lie. We beat them twice they beat us once and one draw. Bray, Galway, Sligo UCd we can all win against and we will definitly upset a few big boys along the way.

But harps have been strengthening, and there are rumours of a few more singings?

Even taking for granted you'll finish above harps what other 2 teams do you think youl certainly finish ahead of? Not just able to beat them but get more points over a season?

Sligo- Not a hope tbh, a very good side and will stay up comfortably imo.

Bray-Have made some excellent signings and really strengthened in the off season, Pender , Doherty ,Whelan, Myler,Gregg are all players with premier experience whcih will be vital come the end of the season. Myler in particular is a great signing.

UCD- loads of experience, well used to fighting relegation battles, seasoned at coming through them.

Galway-A tough one to call. Better than UCD and Bray last year. Excellent towards the end of the season, seemed to settle down,if thy can carry that form through to next season they'l be tough. Aiming for top 6.

I think itl be yourselves, Harps, UCD and Galway fighting it out in the last few weeks.

Dont get me wrong I hope ye stay up.Just dont think its as certain as you do.

adamcarr
01/01/2008, 1:08 PM
Kieran O'Reilly turned us down to stay with ye lads.

don ramo
01/01/2008, 1:22 PM
why would he wanna leave, if he thought city were gonna do anything next year he go there, city always want the good players, until they dont want them, and throw them aside, ive lost track of how many time theve taken young players off us and other clubs in the past, only to leave them back at square one, o'reilly knows where he stands at ramblers, why would he leave, he well respected here and is loved by the fans and players,

not a whole lot on the transfer front, from waht ive heard, we need depth more than anything i think, but we need quailty, not just bulk, there are players hidden in the AUL and MSL, its just a matter of intiseing them into the eircom league, no point in trying to rob players fom the prem as were not in a position to offer full time contracts yet,
i think the first division, AUL and MSL are our hunting grounds,

ramsfan
01/01/2008, 1:36 PM
o reilly for city is hard to believe, he is def a form player hopefully he will be in his end of season form when season starts again, deadly if in that form, if not he wouldnt get his game for springfield(sorry)

marty
01/01/2008, 2:31 PM
O Reilly blows hot and cold and its because of this we will need numbers,i doubt city were interested in him they have no manager and their current squad has not been offered new deals there is nobody up their to make signings.Most threads here agree we need cover but with training starting soon someone has to be signed in time for pre season.

bellavistaman
01/01/2008, 2:32 PM

thats why hes a legend!! couldnt see him leavin us at all, he really loves the club,hes the longest servin player, and will do be back to his best next season. adamcarr who looks after your transfers if ye've no official manager at the moment?

rambler14
01/01/2008, 2:34 PM
Reilly has achieved Cult Hero status at Ramblers and he's only 29

micls
01/01/2008, 2:54 PM
,i doubt city were interested in him they have no manager and their current squad has not been offered new deals there is nobody up their to make signings.

Everyone thats being kept has been signed

marty
01/01/2008, 3:02 PM
Well its refreshing to know their will be a club representing the city,though id be concerned if i were a fan the players city currently have have no chance of mounting a challenge the whole backline needs to be changed,the derbys next year will be something else especially if city are challenging guaranteed sell outs!!

bellavistaman
01/01/2008, 3:03 PM

[QUOTE=marty;845835],i doubt city were interested in him/[QUOTE]

:(:o

marty
01/01/2008, 3:18 PM
Not quite with you bella,if this is true then fine but who is adamcarr to be telling us does he know for sure?

bellavistaman
01/01/2008, 3:20 PM
its on there real forum aswell, alot of club have offered our players contracts

ramsfan
01/01/2008, 3:38 PM
please god let them all stay. goes to show club will have to show ambition or miss out, put up or lose out;)

bellavistaman
01/01/2008, 3:48 PM
from what ive heard all players are signed so no need to worry. Cummins and dav have a trial with sunderland too i think. and davin has one with forest too i think?

adamcarr
01/01/2008, 3:55 PM
Not quite with you bella,if this is true then fine but who is adamcarr to be telling us does he know for sure?

Im just passing on the news that I read on our board. Being honest Id prefer to take other lads from your side ahead of O'Reilly.

adamcarr
01/01/2008, 3:56 PM
adamcarr who looks after your transfers if ye've no official manager at the moment?

I presume Liam Murphy but I don't know if there even was an approach made to Ramblers.

marty
01/01/2008, 6:35 PM
Thats wat im talking bout its only speculation among the fans nobody at city is going to be talking about signings until a new manager is installed.

Question 1----Anybody have any date as to when the first games of the new season are to be played??

Question 2----Anyone want to go half on sponsering a player for next season??

Sam_Heggy
02/01/2008, 4:53 PM
Question 1----Anybody have any date as to when the first games of the new season are to be played??

7th March was the date mentioned for the first games of the season. Fixtures expected out March 6th.

rambler14
02/01/2008, 5:01 PM
7th March was the date mentioned for the first games of the season. Fixtures expected out March 6th.

Bit short notice isn't it?:rolleyes:

6yardpunisha
02/01/2008, 5:04 PM

quality as always Sam:D

Rams-07
02/01/2008, 5:06 PM
from what ive heard all players are signed so no need to worry. Cummins and dav have a trial with sunderland too i think. and davin has one with forest too i think?
Heard today that Davin headin to Forest toorrow for a weeks trial and the following week to Sunderlad..Leeds want to have a look at him also...

luka
02/01/2008, 5:17 PM
Heard today that Davin headin to Forest toorrow for a weeks trial and the following week to Sunderlad..Leeds want to have a look at him also...

T'will be a pity to lose him but he should be wished all the best. He deserves his chance too.

MojoPin
02/01/2008, 6:27 PM
cummins and dav are going on trial with sunderland next week dav is gone friday over too forest

rambler14
02/01/2008, 6:38 PM
All players have signed contracts so if they go a fee would have to be involved.....although i'd say Keane will be slow to sign eircom league players after Roy O'Donovans performances.

MojoPin
02/01/2008, 6:44 PM
cummins transfer will be subject to the under 23 rule, i doubt dav has signed anything with us yet it wouldnt make sense on his part to sign a contract when clubs are after him.

rambler14
02/01/2008, 6:48 PM
cummins transfer will be subject to the under 23 rule, i doubt dav has signed anything with us yet it wouldnt make sense on his part to sign a contract when clubs are after him.

Davin said to me last week that he signed a contract.
Conor Meade said to me the week before that everyone signed including Shane Guthrie.
So if my sources are correct, any player who wants to leave Ramblers will leave with a fee involved.

MojoPin
02/01/2008, 7:00 PM
well if dav told you fair enough but there will be no transfer fee involved in the dav move if he does thats what i understand from talking with people

Marco
02/01/2008, 7:29 PM

Happy New Year Sam, as far as I know the fixtures will be out in the next few weeks.

luka
02/01/2008, 7:33 PM
I'm hearing 21st Jan