PDA

View Full Version : Galway Utd win €40,000 marketing award

geezer
15/12/2007, 9:33 PM
well done to utd on the week Paul Doolin picks up the manager award GUFC beat off international companies to win a major marketing award.

gufct
15/12/2007, 9:40 PM
Big Congrats to Daniel, the 2 Neils to & Fergal

galwaygirl
15/12/2007, 10:41 PM
Ya, congrats and well done to all involved..

Claret Murph
16/12/2007, 4:18 AM
well done to utd on the week Paul Doolin picks up the manager award GUFC beat off international companies to win a major marketing award.

Can anyone tell me more about this please :D

gufct
16/12/2007, 9:21 AM
Its actually €40,000 in advertising. Its the western region of the Marketing Institute annual award. Means we can even be better promoted than we were and should add another couple of hundred to the gate every week once Daniel gets working at it.

Terry
16/12/2007, 10:02 AM
Well done to all involved with special mention to Daniel Walsh, a man who is absolutely brilliant at what he does, thank God he's a die hard United supporter, someone who is vital to the club for the future.

GuisaSaigon
16/12/2007, 11:49 AM
Well done Daniel, keep up the good work.

geezer
16/12/2007, 4:48 PM
waiting for the jealous lim,ucd and harps trollers/supporters to give us a lecture that marketing has nothing to do with football. Things like dvds,promoting your club and giving accurate gate figures are so unanorak/loi cavemanlike ideals of the past. The foot.ie moderator police moved the thread, god forbid someother clubs might just get utds mad ideas.

gufct
16/12/2007, 4:55 PM
I noticed it was moved within a half hour of you posting very petty really but id expect nothing better.

Terry
16/12/2007, 5:40 PM
the only people with the power to move the post here were either Bohs, Cork or Pats supporters!

gilberto_eire
16/12/2007, 6:06 PM
in fairness lads stuff like that should only be posted in here..... all its doing is painting us as praise seekers..... if its not general EL related keep them in here and leave the regualr bemoaners off....only gives them an excuse when its put there

Terry
16/12/2007, 6:10 PM
Exactly Gilberto,

I know it was a SWAI award, and the other nominees were dundalk and harps but we may as well posts topics about ourselves here and let others copy and paste as much as they like!

gordongekko
16/12/2007, 11:17 PM
Well done Daniel, keep up the good work.

What exactly does he do?

Celdrog
17/12/2007, 5:00 AM
Firstly well done, you are obviously doing a great job promoting the club (must have been what Tony Cousins learned at the Drogs :D)

But could someone clarify

Who were the international companies beaten off?
If the other nominees were Craptown and Harps where is the international aspect?
What has it to do with Paul Doolin?

The Drogs were also given the use of 200 billboards for a year (not a prize but sponsorship), which will also be used to promote the club

Mr A
17/12/2007, 8:00 AM
I think people are getting confused between the SWAI awards and the Marketing Institute Award. Galway United won the Marketing Institute Award and a €40,000 budget. The SWAI awards only carried very small prize money and were for websites and PRO's.

A thoroughly deserved award it was too. The promotion of GUFC is little short of awesome by the standards of anything previously seen in this league and the crowds last season were hugely impressive in the circumstances.

WoodquayBoy
17/12/2007, 9:13 AM
A slight bit of an exageration to say United saw off internaitonal companies, but nonetheless well done to all involved.
COmpanies in the running for the awazrd included the likes of Elverys Sports, Cope, Galwat Racecourse, the spa at the Radisson and the Arts Festival

Tir Oilean
17/12/2007, 9:25 AM
Well done Daniel. To answer Gordongekos question DAiel is the Club Promotion Officer. The role is part funded by the FAI and his responsibilities include increasing the club profile as well as attendances, I'm sure there are loads of other roles Too! As Terry said it is a huge advantage that Daniel is a Die Hard fan and a good marketing person great work Dan keep it up.

Titan
17/12/2007, 10:01 AM
To put this in perspective:

22 LOI clubs
15 CPO's
numerous award opportunities across the country
1 Nomination
1 winner

Well done DONT forget to forward on the template!:D

Patrick Dunne
17/12/2007, 10:22 AM
This award is also recognition of the work of the GUST poster team, who are
an integral part of the marketing campaign, and who have put up thousands of match
posters over the city and county over the past six years.

Daniel Walsh has been heavily involved in getting more members of junior and juvenile clubs to Terryland Park this year.

The fact that we have had the third highest support in the EL, despite being in the bottom three for most of the campaign, shows the effectiveness of the marketing wing at the club.

Magicme
17/12/2007, 10:39 AM
Daniel was the first person I met on my trip to Terryland and he was only a young caddy (as we would say in these parts). He has grown into a one-man-marketing-machine and I have learned so much from his contributions to the league. If every club in the country could have a Daniel all stadiums would have to increase their capacity.

People who don't see the value in the CPO programme only have to look at what has been done at so many clubs in the past year and this was the pilot scheme year. Next year Daniel and Co will be even busier and it is all aimed at making those who go to the game enjoy it even more and encouraging others to join the growing rank of eL fanatics.

Congrats Daniel, well deserved!

geezer
17/12/2007, 1:32 PM
well the reason i put it up on the other forum was to highlight to other clubs that things can improve when the game is marketed properly. I did mention some clubs in a clumsy attempt at highlighting begrudgery that frequents this forum from some anoraks. I apologise to people in any clubs like harps,lims,ucd etc as they have people trying equally hard as daniel and hopefully all the clubs will learn off each other. The fai as well deserve credit for backing with cash the marketing effort through the cpo programme

eamo1
17/12/2007, 2:18 PM
Daniel once told me that his job means he doesnt have a real social life sometimes.that for a guy in his early 20s is a huge sacrifice to make,hopefully its not like that now.
congrats dan.

gufct
17/12/2007, 2:28 PM
From the Website http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/off-the-pitch-features/galway-united-wins-top-western-region-marketing-award-.html

Patrick Dunne
17/12/2007, 4:09 PM
Another person who does great work on a voluntary basis with www.galwayunitedfc.ie is Neil Rowe. AFAIK Alan and David Walsh also help out a lot. The website is an invaluable marketing tool for Galway United.

Poor Student
19/12/2007, 7:57 PM
well the reason i put it up on the other forum was to highlight to other clubs that things can improve when the game is marketed properly. I did mention some clubs in a clumsy attempt at highlighting begrudgery that frequents this forum from some anoraks. I apologise to people in any clubs like harps,lims,ucd etc as they have people trying equally hard as daniel and hopefully all the clubs will learn off each other. The fai as well deserve credit for backing with cash the marketing effort through the cpo programme

Glad to see you retract that. I'm no fan of Galway's promotion last year but that doesn't mean that I don't think this is a fantastic achievement for Galway. A very good prize for the award too. Well done.:ball: