PDA

View Full Version : Our media and their loves!!!

tiktok
02/06/2003, 2:50 PM
There i was surfing the net, reading through the news at home on RTE interactive, when i came across the headline
'City get into Europe on good behaviour'

I jumped immediately to the article, heart pounding dangerously fast in my chest waiting for the great news to load, and then....

.....................Manchester City are back in Europe for the first time since 1979 after England were confirmed as winners of UEFA's Fair Play table.

The Blues were nominated as England's representatives last month after finishing fifth in the Premier League's own discipline table, behind Manchester United, Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool, all of whom had already qualified for European competition through league position.

It means City will now enter the June 20 draw for the UEFA Cup qualifying round. The first leg of their tie has been pencilled in for August 14, with the return game two weeks later..............

Surely an Irish news outlet could have added 'manchester' to the title seeing as the irish club in the draw are cork city (who didn't even get mentioned in the piece). Or am i just hoping for too much.

dahamsta
02/06/2003, 3:33 PM
And of course you emailed RTÉ Sports at sport@rte.ie immediately to complain tiktok, didn't you? Because you know full well that if you don't complain, RTÉ has no way of knowing they're doing something wrong. (Copy your email to sportonline@rte.ie, just in case.)

adam

tiktok
02/06/2003, 4:29 PM
as it happens i did, although i sent it to info@rte.ie because i thought that was where you sent comments.

if i get a reply I'll post it up.

tiktok
02/06/2003, 5:58 PM
For the record, i just went to www.rte.ie and they'd changed the headline to 'Man City get into europe on good behaviour'.....
which is nice.

you're spot on adam. if we complain to each other and nobody else, nothing changes.

dahamsta
02/06/2003, 6:45 PM
Good stuff tiktok, well done.

adam