PDA

View Full Version : FAI Announcement - Lansdowne Road 1pm

FourFiveOne
02/06/2003, 1:35 PM
The FAI and soccercentral.ie have been in contact with representatives from eircom League supporters clubs and fans groupings like ourselves at FourFiveOne.

They want eircom League fans to kickstart a new wave of top class support for Brian Kerr's Green Army.

They've acknowledged that eircom league grounds have been rocking for this the first full season of summer soccer and want to give fans like you the chance to bring that passion to the Ireland scene.

To help this they are going to distribute over 1000 North Terrace tickets for the Albania game to eircom League supporters.

Tickets are €27 (TBC). If you're interested in getting one and you want to get involved in creating a better atmosphere for Brian Kerrs team than get in touch at any of the below contacts.

For any City fans who can make the 1pm announcement in Lansdowne Road tomorrow (June 3), bring your City colours for the photos.

Cheers,
FFO

Eric
02/06/2003, 2:58 PM
The time for this has been changed from 11am to 1pm.

It is a photo shoot and they want the eL fans to turn up in their club colours. This will be well supported by dublin fans so if there are any available City fans around Dublin tomorrow please come with your colours on to the West Stand in Lansdowne for approx 12.45pm.

Exact number of tickets avl for City fans to the upcoming qualifiers will be confirmed tomorrow

tiktok
02/06/2003, 3:29 PM
i hope the number of tickets distributed is proportional to the home support of the club involved as opposed to the population centre it occupies.

Obviously this would favour cork city (before i'm attacked) but clubs like longford and waterford would probably get relatively small allocations if it was done according to populaitons of the towns.

A face
02/06/2003, 7:46 PM
How will this be done.

drummer boy
02/06/2003, 8:01 PM
Can you get into lansdowne with a drum, anyone know?

Eric
02/06/2003, 9:23 PM
I'm not sure yet as to how they will be dividing up the tickets between the clubs. Initially they were talking about dividing them up evenly between the clubs but it will be made clear tomorrow and I will post on this site what the outcome is.

As for the drum question, individuals are not allowed bring drums into Lansdowne as the gardai would view the drum sticks as potential weapons. The FAI are currently in talks with the Gardai about the possibility of maybe a few designated people bringing in drums and trumpets. Their long term goal is to get some sort of a fans band into the corner of the North Terrace where there are never any seats.

Again hopefully this will be confirmed tomorrow or in the near future

fonzi
03/06/2003, 9:23 AM
i wouldnt give them my **** to wave about in that hole.

Dodge
03/06/2003, 10:41 AM
For this game the FAI has 1,200 tickets for eL fans. Its up to each club representative (I presume for Cork it'll be 4-5-1, Longford lads ask Macy he was there) to ask for their allocation. Chances are you'll get what you want. These 1,200 tickets are for the North stand and we'll all be together and our job is to make noise and shve it upo the barstoolers arse!

Drums are allowed (to be co-ordinated by the Derry lads), flag poles (for the minute) aren't

In return the FAI will heavily plug our league and hopefully it'll work perfectly in sync.

James
03/06/2003, 10:45 AM
nice one afaik theres a good few cork lads looking to make it up for both the pats match and then stay over for the oireland game on sat
gona be a good one methinks.. hope they let us bring in the flags

Macy
03/06/2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Its up to each club representative (I presume for Cork it'll be 4-5-1, Longford lads ask Macy he was there) to ask for their allocation

Eh, actually I'm only there as a representative of Section O, and as we don't have an organisation as such I'm not going to involved with the general distribution of tickets outside of that.....

This is nothing to do with the pathetic ongoing stand vs section O debate, purely logistics from my point of view (It'll be hard enough to do just our bit - I simply haven't got time).

I would suggest to you Drummerboy to get intouch with the Official Supporters Club, or the Dublin SC and get them to get intouch with Soccercentral.....

Dodge
03/06/2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Eh, actually I'm only there as a representative of Section O, and as we don't have an organisation as such I'm not going to involved with the general distribution of tickets outside of that.....

Sorry macy, presumed he was part of your lot...

patsh
03/06/2003, 1:33 PM
In return the FAI will heavily plug our league and hopefully it'll work perfectly in sync.
Wow thats really big of them. The soccer association will actually promote their own League !!
That kind of munificence must be unheard of in the rest of the world...:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

Dodge
03/06/2003, 1:54 PM
Plug was the wrong word. They'll be giving out free tickets etc to the crowd and its better than we're used to so don't knock it...yet

patsh
03/06/2003, 6:53 PM
Plug was the wrong word. They'll be giving out free tickets etc to the crowd and its better than we're used to so don't knock it...yet
Fair enough, thank you FAI !:D

SÓC
03/06/2003, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by James
nice one afaik theres a good few cork lads looking to make it up for both the pats match and then stay over for the oireland game on sat
gona be a good one methinks.. hope they let us bring in the flags

From what I've been reading on the other sites doesnt look like the flags will be allowed, here (http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=91456&messageid=1054640975), pity.

Dont suppose there will be anyproblem with Bodhráns will there?

bert
03/06/2003, 11:14 PM
Apparently one big flag and the FourFiveOne banner will be allowed. From what I hear we have got 100 tickets. Come on lads let's make a weekend out of it. Get the CCISA bus up on Friday and Bus Eireann down on Saturday. Contact FourFiveOne and get your tickets.

James
04/06/2003, 9:52 AM
Yes you're right Bert, there will be 4 large flags allowed in
the big flags from Rovers, Bohs, Drogs and the Huge FourFiveOne flags (http://www.fourfiveone.net/flagsupdate.html) are all gona be there.

i reckon the 1984 flag shud be used out of the 3 of them.
thoughts??

Ruairi
04/06/2003, 11:08 AM
I'd go with the red white green stripey one.

James
04/06/2003, 1:00 PM
well seeing as its an ireland game and the 1984 flag is green and white like :)

ian
04/06/2003, 1:04 PM
James i think the one with the 1984 would be the right one to have up in the match on sat.

Cosmo
04/06/2003, 7:38 PM
James, the drogs arent bringing theirs - the colour wouldnt blend in!! A few of us were talking about getting irish flags done up tho- paid for by all the supporters clubs, official and unofficial - what do people think??? Would clubs contribute???

FourFiveOne
04/06/2003, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by James
there will be 4 large flags allowed in
the big flags from Rovers, Bohs, Drogs and the Huge FourFiveOne flags (http://www.fourfiveone.net/flagsupdate.html) are all gona be there.

Just to confirm, we are allowed bring in ONE big (wavey) flag and there is also a place for the FourFiveOne banner on the East Stand.

The "1984" would be the best I suppose?
It has the most green and white on it.

I don't think the Drogs lads are bringing theirs.

Tickets are still available from us at FourFiveOne.
See contacts below.

Cheers,
FFO

SÓC
04/06/2003, 7:47 PM
Has to be the 1984 one surely, Rovers and City flags will obviously be the most suitiable for Ireland. Wont Bohs just look totally out of place considering the Bohs colours are the Albanian ones?

@ndy
04/06/2003, 8:01 PM
I dunno, i reckon they'll all really contribute to the atmosphere. I reckon if they are there and the FAI go, wow, fair fecks to the eL fans, but the colours looked a bit out of place... they might...(probably wishful thinking), but they might fork out for 2 or 3 massive Tricolours. So are the flags gonna be on the terrace or are they gona let a few of you onto the pitch? There better not be hassle gettin them into the ground. Either way, the atmosphere at this game should be great with the el fans all there having a good time getting behind the team. Anyone who has been at Ireland games recently knows how terrible the atmosphere has been. It's great that this has been followed thru by soccercentral. Well done lads. See whoever is at the game on Sat.

soccerc
04/06/2003, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
but they might fork out for 2 or 3 massive Tricolours. So are the flags gonna be on the terrace or are they gona let a few of you onto the pitch?

Each eircom league supporters group will be given a 15x8 Irish tricolour. Not massive but large enough. These can then be decorated however you see fit but within reason. Additionally there are 50 5x3 tricolours for distribution.

The four tifo flags will be strategically placed at the North Terrace.

If you bring along any other club flags arrangements have been made to allow you to hang them around the stadium in vantage points for TV and media. Other areas for decoration are available including the area behind both goals amd along the touchline seats.

JB

Éanna
04/06/2003, 9:16 PM
Originally posted by FourFiveOne
The "1984" would be the best I suppose?
It has the most green and white on it.
agreed.

pete
05/06/2003, 10:50 AM
Are there any arrangements for drums?

James
05/06/2003, 11:07 AM
Also allowed into the Eircom League section afaik
not sure bout elsewhere though

A face
05/06/2003, 10:09 PM
What would be good aswell is the flags being returned aswell at the end of the game, otherwise it could spell the end of efforts like this.

** "Yeah ... We gave out 50 and got back 2 ripped ones ??? " **

That would be a good result. Anyway fairplay ... it does seem like it is happening.