PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Fined by FAI for obeying Garda

Rossi
13/12/2007, 1:17 PM
http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=1297

The Ball Boy
13/12/2007, 1:19 PM
Nothing surprises me now with these clowns in the FAI. What a joke.

jmurphyc
13/12/2007, 1:19 PM
FFS this is ridiculous. Are we being governed by Nazis???

Tony_Montana
13/12/2007, 1:24 PM
John Delaney is a tortured soul in need of help, Help i am willing to provide, 30 mins in my private chamber, There would be a lot of candles, generating heat, So of course we would need to disrobe, A 10 minute massage would offer him physical relief, Whilst chanting would cleanse his soul.

Poor Student
13/12/2007, 1:25 PM
Another fine on the way for that story. It's clear insubordination on the Drogheda club website by FAI standards.

OneRedArmy
13/12/2007, 1:25 PM
I find it hard to believe the Guards demanded a pitch invasion.

I mean some of them aren't the brightest but still.....

sonofstan
13/12/2007, 1:34 PM
Superbly snotty last sentence:

The Drogheda United FC Board are now examining ways in which it can be possible in the future to comply with Garda requirements and satisfy the FAI Disciplinary Committee at the same time.

Rossi
13/12/2007, 1:37 PM
Superbly snotty last sentence:

FFS your club would be doing the same if it was Bohs!

derm
13/12/2007, 1:40 PM
I find it hard to believe the Guards demanded a pitch invasion.

I mean some of them aren't the brightest but still.....

To be fair, Drogs had won the league for the first time in their history. The guards would have realized that allowing the invasion would be less dangerous than attempting to stop it.

Then again, rules are rules. There were special circumstances and I don't think the officials could have stopped it but pitch invasions have to be either allowed or disallowed. We don't want a situation where x is disallowed except on the advice of a, b or c, and strictly when either t1 or t2 conditions apply.

It's unfortunate but maybe Drogs should just take it on the chin, I assume that invasions don't happen every home game? Maybe the supporters club can organise a whip-around.

Schumi
13/12/2007, 1:45 PM
Superbly snotty last sentence:Agreed, brilliant.

If the guards asked that people be let onto the pitch for safety reasons, it's ludicrous for the FAI to fine the club over it. On past experience, if it's appealed it'll probably be quietly dropped.

Louth4sam
I cant see why they should be fined for this. Its not like they happen every week. Thats one of the good things about Irish soccer you can celebrate with the players. Winning the league will be the greatest moment of some players lives and im sure they would want the fans there to enjoy it with them. Another instance where the FAI show no common sense!

Ash
Will Cobh also be fined for the pitch invasion when they won Div 1?

Bit ridiculous fining clubs for a moment of excitement from winning the league

OneRedArmy
13/12/2007, 1:46 PM
If the Guards did have to let people on the pitch, it also reinforces that United Park is unsafe, as H&S found earlier in the season.

Pay the fine and quit whining.

Dodge
13/12/2007, 2:01 PM
If the Guards did have to let people on the pitch, it also reinforces that United Park is unsafe, as H&S found earlier in the season.

How does it? All it indicates is that more people wanted to get on the pitch than the Gardai felt they could safely contain.

passerrby
13/12/2007, 2:36 PM
the question is why did the gardai make that dicision was it because drogs were unable to do otherwise

Celdrog
13/12/2007, 2:44 PM
the question is why did the gardai make that dicision was it because drogs were unable to do otherwise

I think you will find the decision with the guards was taken well before kick off. I was in United Park at 3pm that day and the place was full of guards and firemen checking out safety arrangements. At 4pm the fire safety officer upped the capacity by 500 for the night because of the steps the club had taken.

At the end of the match there were only a few people allowed on the pitch, to show off a giant champions banner - the "invasion" happened long after the Cork players had gone off.

I wonder will be getting a similar ban for allowing fans to be on the pitch when the trophy was presented two weeks later, again pre-agreed or maybe a ban for allowing a firework display from the GAA pitch next door:rolleyes:

Allornothing
13/12/2007, 2:50 PM
Drogheda Utd should be ashamed of themselfs. They are a disgrace to the Eircom League and to Irish football itself. The fans celabrating on the pitch was fine they were within there rights to do so. But then the spineless little men within the amature football club make up a story regarding the Garda letting them on to the pitch. Everybody knows the Garda would do no such thing and i think Drodheda should be thrown out of the league for making false statments regarding Garda instructions, which is a criminal offence. End of Story

jebus
13/12/2007, 3:14 PM
John Delaney is a tortured soul in need of help, Help i am willing to provide, 30 mins in my private chamber, There would be a lot of candles, generating heat, So of course we would need to disrobe, A 10 minute massage would offer him physical relief, Whilst chanting would cleanse his soul.

Best chat up line ever

half_full
13/12/2007, 3:20 PM
This league is turning into a souless premiership clone more and more, of course the FAI think that this is good:mad::rolleyes:

Well said Allornothing!

John83
13/12/2007, 3:22 PM
Drogheda Utd should be ashamed of themselfs. They are a disgrace to the Eircom League and to Irish football itself. The fans celabrating on the pitch was fine they were within there rights to do so. But then the spineless little men within the amature football club make up a story regarding the Garda letting them on to the pitch. Everybody knows the Garda would do no such thing and i think Drodheda should be thrown out of the league for making false statments regarding Garda instructions, which is a criminal offence. End of Story
I'd be careful if I were you. That post is libellous if untrue.

micls
13/12/2007, 3:25 PM
Then again, rules are rules. There were special circumstances and I don't think the officials could have stopped it but pitch invasions have to be either allowed or disallowed. We don't want a situation where x is disallowed except on the advice of a, b or c, and strictly when either t1 or t2 conditions apply.

Ah comon, surely there can be a bit of common sense in the mix. Granted rules are rules but the men in charge could surely turn a blind eye on the night of a league win, never mind the first.

It's a joke and simply the FAI trying to squeze as much money as they can out of the clubs.

Anyone have a total amounts of fines this year? I'd say its 100k anyway

Celdrog
13/12/2007, 4:57 PM

For your sake I hope you have not yet reached your teenage years.

John83
13/12/2007, 5:51 PM
Bald Student could give you the actual figure, but you're not that far out, I think.

Maynard
13/12/2007, 6:03 PM
I'd be careful if I were you. That post is libellous if untrue.

It's true...they actually have no spines ;)

pete
13/12/2007, 9:23 PM
Another fine on the way for that story. It's clear insubordination on the Drogheda club website by FAI standards.

Ironically possibly the only article on the official website that can be read in english.

Student Mullet
13/12/2007, 10:58 PM
Anyone have a total amounts of fines this year? I'd say its 100k anywayIt was published in STIG's last issue. I'll dig it up but I'm pretty sure it was about half this.

Patrick Dunne
13/12/2007, 11:28 PM
Ludicrous rubbish from the FAI.

Pitch invasions may be silly when you have scored an equaliser against Bray, UCD or Galway United.

When you have won your first ever league title, they should be mandatory !

Allornothing
14/12/2007, 8:30 AM
I would like to retract my last post as it turns out to be totally untrue, my source(and i use the word very loosely) was pulling my leg and had no such information. I would like to apoligise for the post and hope that nobody has been offended.

Celdrog
14/12/2007, 12:05 PM
I would like to retract my last post as it turns out to be totally untrue, my source(and i use the word very loosely) was pulling my leg and had no such information. I would like to apoligise for the post and hope that nobody has been offended.
The Drogs chairman is a noted solicitor - you'll be hearing from him :D

micls
14/12/2007, 8:11 PM
It was published in STIG's last issue. I'll dig it up but I'm pretty sure it was about half this.

Fair enough. I was only basing it on the one month I calculated(October) which came to over 10k. But that was obviously abnormally high

John83
18/12/2007, 11:46 AM
Fair enough. I was only basing it on the one month I calculated(October) which came to over 10k. But that was obviously abnormally high
Still, €50k rather than €100k doesn't invalidate your point.

pete
18/12/2007, 12:32 PM
I like the way Drogs official web site says "alleged" pitch invasion. :D

Dodge
18/12/2007, 1:28 PM
Brian Kerr wrote in one of the papers during the week that the clubs paid more in fines this year than they earnt in TV revenue

pete
18/12/2007, 2:11 PM
Brian Kerr wrote in one of the papers during the week that the clubs paid more in fines this year than they earnt in TV revenue

I am not denying he did not say that much the numbers would not appear to add up. TV money at least 200k+

Dodge
18/12/2007, 2:15 PM
I am not denying he did not say that much the numbers would not appear to add up. TV money at least 200k+

Fines wouldn't be far off that in fairness (if you include player fines etc)

BrayUnknowns
18/12/2007, 2:29 PM
Anyone at the game would agree that letting fans onto the pitch was the best thing possible. The place was PACKED and a little dangerous at times, especially in the away end were they mixed home and away fans and lets just say a lot of the home fans (i'm using the term fans very loosely here) were quite drunk and were just looking for an excuse to start...

Complete madness though to be fined over this, the FAI really need to start coping onto themselves in relation to things like this.

ndrog
18/12/2007, 3:04 PM
I find that statement very strange and i was in that very stand .What do you mean start ? no sign of trouble whatsoever .People were
buzzing out out of there heads but there was no agression at all ! I was stood beside you lot ,with kids and lots of old folks .

Bald Student
18/12/2007, 5:35 PM
Up to the time of the last issue of STIG (the last league game) they were:

Sligo Rovers 6750
Longford Town 6455
Bohemians 4605
Limerick 37 3815
Shamrock Rovers 3665
Cork City 3005
Derry City 2225
Finn Harps 2095
St Pats 1700
Shelbourne 1405
Kildare County 1390
Galway United 1350
Dundalk 1210
Kilkenny City 1140
Cobh Ramblers 1120
Athlone Town 1065
Waterford United 1065
Monaghan United 985
Drogheda United 855
Bray Wandrers 830
Wexford Youths 720
UCD 305
Total 47755

pete
18/12/2007, 9:09 PM

Sligo Rovers 6750
Longford Town 6455
Bohemians 4605
Limerick 37 3815
Shamrock Rovers 3665
Cork City 3005
Derry City 2225
Finn Harps 2095
St Pats 1700
Shelbourne 1405
Kildare County 1390
Galway United 1350
Dundalk 1210
Kilkenny City 1140
Cobh Ramblers 1120
Athlone Town 1065
Waterford United 1065
Monaghan United 985
Drogheda United 855
Bray Wandrers 830
Wexford Youths 720
UCD 305
Total 47755

Did UCD get a trophy? ;) :p

pineapple stu
18/12/2007, 9:23 PM
Bizarrely, we came last in the Fair Play!!

Those totals are from the weekly suspension lists, so would include player fines, U-21s stuff, etc. That said, some of those fines were won on appeal (e.g Maribor getting Derry fined, and us getting fined for our U-21s pitch not meeting UEFA Licencing standards, and then pointing out to the FAI that UEFA Licencing doesn't cover U-21s :)) and the list only takes those out if we know about them.

Dodge
18/12/2007, 9:30 PM
We definitely got more than 1700 in fines...

sligoman
18/12/2007, 9:33 PM

Sligo Rovers 6750
Longford Town 6455
Bohemians 4605
Limerick 37 3815
Shamrock Rovers 3665
Cork City 3005
Derry City 2225
Finn Harps 2095
St Pats 1700
Shelbourne 1405
Kildare County 1390
Galway United 1350
Dundalk 1210
Kilkenny City 1140
Cobh Ramblers 1120
Athlone Town 1065
Waterford United 1065
Monaghan United 985
Drogheda United 855
Bray Wandrers 830
Wexford Youths 720
UCD 305
Total 47755Can you do out a table as to how much of those totals were stupid fines please? Should be easy enough:D.

John83
19/12/2007, 11:10 AM
Can you do out a table as to how much of those totals were stupid fines please? Should be easy enough:D.
There are a couple of articles about them in Stig. It should be easy enough to stick them online.

MariborKev
19/12/2007, 11:31 AM
That said, some of those fines were won on appeal (e.g Maribor getting Derry fined, and us getting fined for our U-21s pitch not meeting UEFA Licencing standards, and then pointing out to the FAI that UEFA Licencing doesn't cover U-21s :)) and the list only takes those out if we know about them.

Too right,

We would have run away with the title if that had remained. €5k and €1k a day.....