PDA

View Full Version : the new stand

west awake
12/12/2007, 3:27 PM
i have to say been a regular visitor to terryland for the best part of 20 years,the ground and facilities have changed no end and all for the better,it's now and excellent facillity with the best playing surface in the country.i see the new or old stands have no names like some other grounds be it soccer,football,hurling or rugby alot of these honour former legends who have given so much to the game.how about naming one of the stands the eamon"chick"deacy stand.the most famous soccer player galway has ever produced and who gave a long distinguised service to galway united and refused to be paid by them,that was one of the conditions he put in himself when coming back from villa and signing for united,the man is also a true gentleman.imagine one of the modern players playing for nothing,not that i'd want them to or expect them to!
what do ye think lads the deacy stand sounds good to me!

corbyeire
12/12/2007, 3:33 PM
the old stand is named after a roofing/concrete company
the newstand is called the corribside

gufct
12/12/2007, 3:49 PM
The Galway F.A. have the naming rights but an even nicer idea would be the Jimmy Kelly Stand.

corbyeire
12/12/2007, 3:55 PM
the names seem pretty definite on the season ticket ground layout - but would agree on naming one of them after a legend