PDA

View Full Version : Mr and Mrs Bin Laden

Dricky
12/12/2007, 9:59 AM
Anyone see it last night on BBC 1.
Have to say one of the most interesting documentaries I've seen in a long time.
Jane Felix came across as a wee bit strange, pushy, controlling and deluded, married 5 times and all she wanted to do was get the name on the passport. I'm not saying she doesn't love Omar but married 5 times doesn't really look like she has a handle on partnership with love.

Omar came across as a troubled broken man with a lot on his plate. His views on his father were the same as you would expect from a father son relationship. Yes his father is viewed by the west as 'evil' (term used by the Sun newspaper) but taking the devils advocate view, I didn't think them that unusual that he didn't speak ill of his father (taking the view from history that groups we called evil in history no are considered friends NI a good case and point, the end justifies the means).

I found it funny when the conversation about the how many wives he had or would take, he has three/ she only knew of one. Was there a fourth being thought of/ she said no but would help choose the next one/ he said he had someone in mind already.

He loves someone playing with his hair.

dahamsta
12/12/2007, 10:34 AM
Do we know yet whether yerman who did the McDonalds thing actually found Osama?

Dricky
12/12/2007, 12:33 PM
Do we know yet whether yerman who did the McDonalds thing actually found Osama?

There was a bit in it where he says it is unfortunate that he is in Saudi his mother in Syria and his father in Afghanistan..... American's have spent year looking for him and he comes out with that beauty, I'm sure he father is on the next ryanair flight out of Afghanistan if he can get cheep flights.

jebus
12/12/2007, 12:59 PM
Was reading about Spurlock apparantly finding Osama, I think we can rest assured that if he had he would have a) turned the tape over to the CIA and collected his reward and his status as an American hero, or b) had his house raided at 4am by the CIA to take the tape from him

RogerMilla
21/12/2007, 8:18 AM
Was reading about Spurlock apparantly finding Osama, I think we can rest assured that if he had he would have a) turned the tape over to the CIA and collected his reward and his status as an American hero, or b) had his house raided at 4am by the CIA to take the tape from him

unless of course they don't actually want him found...

jebus
21/12/2007, 8:35 AM
unless of course they don't actually want him found...

but then who will be guest of honour around at President Bush's house for afternoon tea on Christmas Day?

eamo1
26/12/2007, 11:01 PM
i dont believe he killed my uncle and 2,000 others in the 9/11 attacks.the guy was on dialysis machines for kidney trouble.my cousin uses those machines and is around his age and can barely go outside.so we are led to believe that this guy in a cave in the tora bora region masterminded all of these attacks,ya right.as michael moore said "was there a dialysis machine in every 3rd cave"????and bush said he doesnt want too much time spent looking for him,a guy who supposedly killed 2,000 people isnt wanted that much??????