PDA

View Full Version : profit

MojoPin
12/12/2007, 12:50 AM
just wondering did we make a profit this year? low wages, high gatestowards the end and loads of prize money... we must have made a profit

don ramo
12/12/2007, 1:24 AM
wont know until the finances are in, wont be till the new year, there relased the week of the AGM, any profit will probably go towards the debth we made last year, but we will be on a good finanlcial ground for the preier divsion,

chimpster
12/12/2007, 6:20 AM
Turnover is bound to be up quite a bit, but profit.. who knows? A lot of new stuff has been going on this season, promoting matches, half-time entertainment, match security, etc. Then there's the debt to pay off, and the delays on the stand must have had some extra costs involved somewhere. In this day and age, gate receipts are only a part of the club's income, so a lot will depend on the bar and sponsorship income. Either way, things should hopefully be in reasonable shape ahead of next season.

Just an idea, how about if everyone on this forum (except the poor students!:p) stumps up a few euros (hundred or so each or even club together) to sponsor a player or match or ball or anything next season? Its a small price to pay to give the club some extra finances towards the challenge ahead, which I think will be badly needed. (and no this isn't a sales pitch and i'm not involved in the club)

6yardpunisha
12/12/2007, 9:39 AM
Turnover is bound to be up quite a bit, but
Just an idea, how about if everyone on this forum (except the poor students!:p) stumps up a few euros (hundred or so each or even club together) to sponsor a player or match or ball or anything next season? Its a small price to pay to give the club some extra finances towards the challenge ahead, which I think will be badly needed. (and no this isn't a sales pitch and i'm not involved in the club)

great idea, why not sponsor a player, if you looked at the match day program over half the players were not sponsored at all, it was €200 per player last season but it might possibly go up a bithttp://foot.ie/images/icons/icon14.gif

MojoPin
12/12/2007, 10:09 AM
already discussed weve decided tp sponsere guthrie havent we?

id say we might be in profit thus year... i read somewhere on here that kildare and another club in the ffirst div turned a profit last year

6yardpunisha
12/12/2007, 10:35 AM
[quote=MojoPin;837079]already discussed weve decided tp sponsere guthrie havent we?

get people to post up how much they are willing to donate, we might even get enough to sponsor 2 players:D

bellavistaman
12/12/2007, 1:04 PM
what are we sponsoring and how much does sponsorship cost

MojoPin
12/12/2007, 1:06 PM
gutsie for next year........

bellavistaman
12/12/2007, 1:07 PM
no but like you sponsoring a haircut, a pint, pair of boots, what?

MojoPin
12/12/2007, 1:19 PM
player sponser. cant explain it its just player sponsership on the programme

bellavistaman
12/12/2007, 1:20 PM
i'll give 100 no hassle

ramblers
12/12/2007, 5:10 PM
I would be suprised if we made a profit. Even though the players wages were low there was a lot of travel costs and a few over nighters not to mention the trip to derry which cost a few quid.

Heres hoping there is a profit!!

6yardpunisha
12/12/2007, 5:39 PM
I would be suprised if we made a profit. Even though the players wages were low there was a lot of travel costs and a few over nighters not to mention the trip to derry which cost a few quid.

Heres hoping there is a profit!!

they got a share of the gate in Derry