PDA

View Full Version : Noel King in Drogheda

Neil
01/06/2003, 12:22 PM
A tanned, smiling Noel King emerged from o2 Park yesterday after the game. His expression changed when he had to walk through a few City fans standing in his way!

He then got into a Jaguar with a Drogheda feen (chairman?) Sat there chatting for a while. I DID NOT see any brown envelopes being handed over.

Colm
01/06/2003, 12:25 PM
If he's on el weekly tomorrow night he'll have a field day after seeing that game!

WindmillWarrior
01/06/2003, 3:23 PM
Noel King is a coach with Drogheda.

Originally posted by corkcityfan1
What was our team yesterday?

Your team was sh*t.

Eric
01/06/2003, 5:08 PM
team was:

Devine
Carey, Bennett, Murray, Woods,
Behan, O'grady, O'Halloran, Doyle,
O'Callaghan,
O'Flynn

patsh
01/06/2003, 5:49 PM
Originally posted by Eric
team was:

Devine
Carey, Bennett, Murray, Woods,
Behan, O'grady, O'Halloran, Doyle,
O'Callaghan,
O'Flynn
Put O'Callaghan in the centre, Behan up front, get rid of Conor, play Hoggie and we have a really decent team there.

tiktok
02/06/2003, 3:54 AM
noel king shouldn't be doiung the pundit bit if he's in any way affiliated with one of the teams, how can he be expected to give an impartial viewpoint on drogheda if he is employed by them, the prat.

@ndy
02/06/2003, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by WindmillWarrior
Noel King is a coach with Drogheda.

Your team was sh*t.

lol

@ndy
02/06/2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
noel king shouldn't be doiung the pundit bit if he's in any way affiliated with one of the teams, how can he be expected to give an impartial viewpoint on drogheda if he is employed by them, the prat.

Well, if he is a decent pundit he will be able to be impartial. Martin Tyler is an arsenal fan as far as i believe, but he never shows it.

King has been afiliated with enough clubs at this stage anyway...

tiktok
02/06/2003, 2:24 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Well, if he is a decent pundit he will be able to be impartial. Martin Tyler is an arsenal fan as far as i believe, but he never shows it.

King has been afiliated with enough clubs at this stage anyway...

I thought we'd already agreed that he isn't a decent pundit:)

pete
04/06/2003, 2:35 PM
Dunno if the guy driving was Noels driver or the Drogs chairman but be a few yoyos in eL coaching to pay for the Jag.

:eek:

@ndy
04/06/2003, 3:59 PM
i was assuming it was the other guys jag...

Trax
04/06/2003, 4:46 PM
Going off the point a bit here but Martin Tyler claims he's a woking fan but I too suspect he's an arse fan cos he goes mental when they score.I think he wants to have Thiery Henry's baby.

niamh
06/06/2003, 10:21 AM
trevor is clearly City though as well. but point taken Noel shouldn't be an analysist if he can't be fair.

pete
06/06/2003, 10:55 AM
I see no reason that Noel King can't continue as a pundit except for the fact that he really bad at it.

Theres nothing wrong with him doing the pundit gig while coaching Drogs but Trevor or himself should at least mention it on the show. Is King afraid the tax man will find out or something?

tiktok
06/06/2003, 4:12 PM
trevor is a city fan, but he's not on city's payroll, big difference.

then again, i'd take any excuse to get king off the air:D