PDA

View Full Version : Derry City Manager Robertson Sacked

Aaron
11/12/2007, 9:45 PM
Finally, now hopefully we get Kenny back.

TonyD
11/12/2007, 9:47 PM
Was he sacked or "mutually consented";) Any compo due to him ?

Aaron
11/12/2007, 9:49 PM
Was he sacked or "mutually consented";) Any compo due to him ?

Well the statement says he was released from his contract, take what you will from that?

Tony_Montana
11/12/2007, 9:58 PM
From what i seen he could not handle a club of this size !

TM

rednwhitearmy
11/12/2007, 10:37 PM
Statement from the board
DCFC - Board Statement
John Roberston
Tuesday 11 December 2007
The Board of Derry City FC have released John Roberston from his contract with the club with immediate effect.
Unfortunately Mr Roberston, in the view of the Board, has not been and will not be able to fulfill the terms of his contract and the club are now actively seeking a new manager.

:)

Maz
12/12/2007, 7:52 AM
Matthews perhaps?

CJTheGull
12/12/2007, 8:38 AM
He never seemed fully commited to the job in my opinion and no doubt was trying to do something with Derry in order to get a move back across to Scotland where he can go down in history as one of the all-time greats while managing the likes of someone like Dundee or Motherwell.

Poor Student
12/12/2007, 8:56 AM
So, who wanted Conor Sammon?:confused:

gustavo
12/12/2007, 8:56 AM
Hopefully his less than glorious tenure at Derry City will count against him in Scotland

Krstic
12/12/2007, 9:18 AM
So, who wanted Conor Sammon?:confused:

Me and anyone else who watched him play against Derry at the Brandywell.

Dalymountrower
12/12/2007, 9:33 AM
City are going to have four managers in two years ? Just as well your fans are more patient and forgiving of managers than we are in Dalymount, otherwise you just might get some negative press coverage on this.

lofty9
12/12/2007, 9:53 AM
City are going to have four managers in two years ? Just as well your fans are more patient and forgiving of managers than we are in Dalymount, otherwise you just might get some negative press coverage on this.

To be honest Kenny walked as did Fenlon. Robertson started off well but let himself down being awol on a number of occaisions. The board had no choice but to let him go.

Lessons to be learned here in that we need someone local, someone who hates travelling ,especially on aeroplanes ;) and does not want to uproot a family to take the job . Any ideas :p?

Steve Bruce
12/12/2007, 10:07 AM
To be honest Kenny walked as did Fenlon. Robertson started off well but let himself down being awol on a number of occaisions. The board had no choice but to let him go.

Lessons to be learned here in that we need someone local, someone who hates travelling ,especially on aeroplanes ;) and does not want to uproot a family to take the job . Any ideas :p?

Would you like David Jeffrey?:D

OneRedArmy
12/12/2007, 10:10 AM
Maybe we could start by not employing a pixie, poisoned dwarf or someone generally slight in stature this time around.

An adult sized manager is all I want for Christmas.

Robertson never took the job seriously from the start, as anyone who travelled on the trip to Armenia can attest.

iceman
12/12/2007, 10:11 AM
Kenny left on good terms , returned for the cup-final , and left the door open for a return if things did'nt work out in Scotland.

Steve Bruce
12/12/2007, 10:13 AM
The only thing I would say is, their are very few players/managers who have been a success the 2nd time round. Although their are exceptions

lofty9
12/12/2007, 10:16 AM
Robertson never took the job seriously from the start, as anyone who travelled on the trip to Armenia can attest.

Go on......... spill the beans.:p

He told me the league of Ireland was no better than the Highland League one night in Dodds. Classy guy. :rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
12/12/2007, 10:22 AM
The only thing I would say is, their are very few players/managers who have been a success the 2nd time round. Although their are exceptionsAgree, backwards moves never a good idea for either party.

cestlavie
12/12/2007, 11:04 AM
It will be between Cook, Richardson, Healy or Matthews! You heard It hear first! Waiting for the Sligo response.

scottish_bohs
12/12/2007, 11:07 AM
I take it this is to allow robertson to take the dunfermline job!?

OneRedArmy
12/12/2007, 11:07 AM
It will be between Cook, Richardson, Healy or Matthews! You heard It hear first! Waiting for the Sligo response.Felix Healy mentioned in Derry job shocka.......

Dazzy
12/12/2007, 11:12 AM
Go on......... spill the beans.:p

You should have spent the 400 quid that we all did and you would have known too;) That night everyone out there knew how **** of a manger he is and his attitude.

cestlavie
12/12/2007, 11:17 AM
Robertson was full of Dung, hope he ends up at Dungfermline were he belongs!

Mr_T
12/12/2007, 11:18 AM
someone who hates travelling ,especially on aeroplanes ;)

Me????

I ain't gettin on no plane fool!

cestlavie
12/12/2007, 11:20 AM
Me????

I ain't gettin on no plane fool!

Carrickfin Is abit to far away

dcfcsteve
12/12/2007, 1:00 PM
I take it this is to allow robertson to take the dunfermline job!?

You make it sound like we were doing Roberston a favour, or he asked to be released... :eek:

He was considered to be in breach of contract, so we sacked him. Whether he goes to Dunfermline or not is incidental.

He'd completely lost the support of the fans, so was the right decision for the Board to take. A solid start by the new hands on deck.

Steve Bruce
12/12/2007, 1:03 PM
Derry City are sitting in a very serious situation now.

This next appointment is a very crucial appointment. You need this next manager to do well or you could end up as one of those clubs who swap and change managers every 6 months and end up with results on par with last season and possibly worse

OneRedArmy
12/12/2007, 1:04 PM

This next appointment is a very crucial appointment. You need this next manager to do well or you could end up as one of those clubs who swap and change managers every 6 months and end up with results on par with last season and possibly worse
Thanks

For

That

dcfcsteve
12/12/2007, 1:08 PM

Insightful.

You briefed Brian Barwick yet......?

;)

dcfc_1928
12/12/2007, 1:19 PM
"Hit them Derry!"

:D

Thanks

For

That

scottish_bohs
12/12/2007, 1:28 PM
He was considered to be in breach of contract, so we sacked him.

Hmm... interesting. What exactly did he do.

He's a horrible little runt of a man in my eyes anyway.

dcfcsteve
12/12/2007, 2:26 PM
Hmm... interesting. What exactly did he do.

He's a horrible little runt of a man in my eyes anyway.

I'm not privvy to the discussions, but I presume the fact he needed to spend so much tieme in Scotland and had to be summonsed back suggests that he is unwilling or unable to give the job the time it needs.

His recent appearances as a Commentator on Setanta will probably have undermined any defence he may seek to mount. If he was able to do football punditry, he should've been able to manage his team.

Steve Bruce
12/12/2007, 2:38 PM
Thanks

For

That

Your welcome:D

Tony_Montana
12/12/2007, 2:40 PM
I think he could not handle the pressure of managing such a big club with an ageing side, he was wounded inside and needed to be Physically relaxed and cleasened.

OneRedArmy
12/12/2007, 2:42 PM
I think he could not handle the pressure of managing such a big club with an ageing side, he was wounded inside and needed to be Physically relaxed and cleasened.I think your posts have a significantly diminishing return in the humour and value stakes.

Tony_Montana
12/12/2007, 2:58 PM
Don't worry about my posts, they are designed to help you,to make you a better person like me. I feel i need to help materialistic, Greyhound loving money chasing Derry folk, you are lost, and i am here to help. Through intense physical training, and focus of the mind, we can make the world a better place and get you out more from your bedroom.

sniffa
12/12/2007, 3:55 PM

How about your man, whatshisname????? Hegarty I think? :D

Spoons
13/12/2007, 10:13 AM
Sean Connor for Derry I heard from a reliable source! :ball:

dcfcsteve
13/12/2007, 10:25 AM

I don't see why he would leave Bohs with their new found wealth though. Unless the club wants him out (wouldn't surprise me..).

I'm not convinced by Connors. I'd take Rico over him any day.

OneRedArmy
13/12/2007, 10:32 AM
Sean Connor for Derry I heard from a reliable source! :ball:You said Rico last week :rolleyes:

Throw enough out there and you might get one right. Complete WUM.

Krstic
13/12/2007, 10:49 AM
I don't see why he would leave Bohs with their new found wealth though. Unless the club wants him out (wouldn't surprise me..).

I'm not convinced by Connors. I'd take Rico over him any day.

Is that new found wealth not under threat due to some court proceedings?

dcfcsteve
13/12/2007, 11:00 AM
Is that new found wealth not under threat due to some court proceedings?

It's in arbitration at the moment.

Plus - even if the Phibsboro SC could prove they had a verbal agreement with Bohs re the Tramway end (good luck to them proving that...!) there would still be the rest of the ground available for development.

So Bohs should still have some money coming their way regardless of the result of the proceedings.

MariborKev
13/12/2007, 11:15 AM

I will take that bet.

After his slabbering the last time, very doubtful......

OneRedArmy
13/12/2007, 11:24 AM
It's in arbitration at the moment.

Plus - even if the Phibsboro SC could prove they had a verbal agreement with Bohs re the Tramway end (good luck to them proving that...!) there would still be the rest of the ground available for development.

So Bohs should still have some money coming their way regardless of the result of the proceedings.
It leaves the rest of the land with limited access Steve, which is why the tramway land, although small, is so valuable.

Aaron
13/12/2007, 11:07 PM
Apparently SK appeared on Sports Tonight there and said his family had settled in well the last time and he would see what pans out within the next week when questioned on the Derry job. Here's hoping

OneRedArmy
14/12/2007, 9:42 AM
Apparently SK appeared on Sports Tonight there and said his family had settled in well the last time and he would see what pans out within the next week when questioned on the Derry job. Here's hopingIt sounds like he wants guarantees that money is there to re-build the squad.

Don't blame him.

daniel
15/12/2007, 9:53 PM
only thing i am gonna say is, we'll drink a drink a drink to Kenny the king the king the king...;)