PDA

View Full Version : What the hell does Spillane know?

applehunter
31/05/2003, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't believe anything Spillane says. If you listen to him on the radio it is easy to see all he does all day is sit in front of Sky Sports News and then tell Trevor about it. He also is a Chelsea supporter?

He went to the 1st division play-offs last week and had 3 pages of ****e on Denis Irwin. No offence but who gives a **** if Wolves were promoted. Back home he could have watched City vs Waterford in the Cup but decided to head off to England so that he could see his heroes from TV land in action.

Only when I see George O'Callaghan in a Longford shirt will I believe he has left.

Colm
31/05/2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by applehunter
Only when I see George O'Callaghan in a Longford shirt will I believe he has left.

Ditto

applehunter
31/05/2003, 11:03 PM
2 weeks ago on Trever Welch's BRB a text message came in asking about the Inter-toto Cup place that Cork were supposed to be in contention for. This was put to Spillane to which he replied that it was not an issue any more. He then went on to tell us about Man. City for a few minutes.

Then today I see in the Star that Cork City will be going into a hat with 10 other teams to recieve 2 inter-toto places.

Why did Spillane not know this? Because it wasn't on either
1. Teletext
2. irish website
3. internet message board

Sure I'd say he gets half his information from this website

Neil
01/06/2003, 9:38 AM
There's no fĂșckin way George is going to Longford!
It just doesn't make any sense.

He looked well pumped up last night for the game. Not the look of a player who has "done a deal" to leave.

If he is on his way why was he playing last night?

Spillane is pathetic.
Using rumours on eleven-a-side.com as his source!

Kirby would be handy though.
Any chance we could give them Deccie instead?

patsh
01/06/2003, 10:26 AM
I was the person who sent the text to the BRB about the inter-toto place. Pathetic response all right from Spillage, dunno why I expected any better.
However, last night he was talking "live" ! from the Drogs game, and implied he had heard about George in an off the record way.
I don't trust the l@nger Spillage at all, but players may have no say in a situation like this and it is worrying.
Dolan or Lennox should release a statement TODAY, clearing up the whole situation and stating wheteher George is getting a new contract and for how long.
There are far too many rumours and conjecture regarding George, so it should be put to rest once and for all.

Trax
01/06/2003, 11:49 AM
Most of these rumours actually come from george himself,In the last 3 months he's been going to Shels QPR and back to P Vale.He's making them up himself cos his contract hasnt been sorted.He should shut up and let some good performances sort out his contract.

Neil
01/06/2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Trax
He should let some good performances sort out his contract.
Which he's done this season.
He was excellent last night, and scored the goal.
IMO He's City's best player this season.

Colm
01/06/2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Neil
IMO He's City's best player this season.

I agree 100%, he was absolutly fantastic against UCD, Bohs, Longford and now Drogs. I think the Pats game showed how much we rely on his creativity, IMO Flynn would not score half as many goals without George.
Out of all the players who spoke at the SC meeting a few weeks ago George was by far the most enthusiastic about playing for City and he said a number of times how important it is that we keep the squad together. He couldn't stop singing the praises of Pat Dolan and certainly didn't sound like a man who was about to leave the club any time soon.
The more and more I think about it, the more and more it sounds like another bit of shoddy journalism on Spillanes part.

Neil
01/06/2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Colm
another bit of shoddy journalism on Spillanes part.
What is the text number and email address for the Big red bench?

Colm
01/06/2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Neil
What is the text number and email address for the Big red bench?

The text number is 086 8273336

applehunter
01/06/2003, 12:21 PM
o

James
01/06/2003, 1:37 PM
looking forward to what spillage has to say lateron
definately gona be txting in my opinons on the crap he comes out with at times.. premeirship loving mmuppet

Gary
01/06/2003, 1:54 PM
In answer to the subject line, Spillane knows very little. As said above he seems to listen to rumour and counter rumour.

I mean, for a so called sports journalist, when last did he have an exclusive, apart from the one that BBM signed for Shef Wed (and that was a week after he had signed).

I say we bombard BRB later, and demand that he answers our questions, and not hide behind his blatant incompetence.

Anyway, from what im hearing from a few Longford people,m there is no truth whatsoever in Geoge going to them. Just hope they are right.

James
01/06/2003, 1:59 PM
So thats Trevor Welch's Big Red Bench on Red FM - 106 FM on your radio dials from 6pm to 7pm tonight

everyone get texting on this one

Colm
01/06/2003, 2:15 PM
Lads, Trev will read out almost anything that is texted in so don't be shy about getting your opinions accross. If this story truns out to be rubbish (and i think it will) then Spillane has a lot to answer for.

Don't forget...
086 82REDFM (086 8273336)

super rambler
02/06/2003, 3:52 PM
spillane is the biggest ****** ever,hes not allowed in st colmans after the fight he had with kabia after the match when billy woods broke zico's leg(the ******)at least zico is recovering fast so he can get his own back on woods fairly soon

tiktok
02/06/2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by super rambler
at least zico is recovering fast so he can get his own back on woods fairly soon

i'm glad the lad is recovering, but don't be such an ass

super rambler
02/06/2003, 11:06 PM
he ****ing deserves it at the cross one of our fans attacked him. and from what i hear it would be a good thing because he is meant to be playing ****

tiktok
02/06/2003, 11:30 PM
don't be annoying me, go away and grow up

you've already done this to death after the incident itself. you can't go around wishing serious injuries on players whether you like them or not, or whether they're playing badly or not.