thecorner
31/05/2003, 9:54 PM
i was one of the "MURPHY OUT" brigade but what has changed
murphy had more points at this stage of the season
murphy brought in better players and is also responsible for behan
MURPHY DIDNT LEAVE OUR BEST PLAYERS GO

Colm
31/05/2003, 10:55 PM
Fcuk sake, it's a bit too soon to be getting on Dolan's back. Remember a managers first few games means nothing in the long term, Gunther went unbeaten for his first 11 games or so and got us into Europe but that didn't last and things only went from bad to worse under Gunther.
We are going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment but I am very confident that Dolan will get it right and will bring us a lot of success in the long term.
Be patient it is far too soon to judge how Dolan will ultimately do as manager of Cork City FC.

Gary
01/06/2003, 12:50 AM
Murphy Vs Dolan my arse.

Its waaay to early to start saying Dolan out or any cwap like that. we are still just 6/7 off the top. Todays result was sickening, as is the news that george could be on his way.

But having said all that, who is our source here? Spillane? the internet? Both VERY unreliable sources, im sure u will agree. George aint going nowhere, and if he is, he is either

a) great liar/complete cúnt,
or
b) another victim of CCFC mismanagement.

City til I die!

besides, why would he leave a club who is going pro, to bloody longford?

Trax
01/06/2003, 11:53 AM
Im surprised and disapointed lads. I didnt think we had the type of fans who were shortsighted enough to get on a new managers back after 10 games.Disgraceful,and anyway it's the players who are out there every week not Pat..........

Neil
01/06/2003, 11:58 AM
Dolan WILL be given time.
Unlike Liam Murphy.

Why?
Because he's a nice guy. Upfront. And relates to the fans.

After the game last night, Pat walked from the players tunnel all the down the other side of the ground (to where the City fans were gathered) and said "Thanks for travelling".

Trax
01/06/2003, 12:00 PM
Good point,It's a much better aproach than Gunther's " the fans know nothing" anyway.

thecorner
02/06/2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Unlike Liam Murphy.

Why?
Because he's a nice guy. Upfront. .

NICE GUYS DONT WIN
IM ALL 4 DOLAN BUT FOR ****S WE R 4TH FROM BOTTOM

tiktok
02/06/2003, 5:04 AM
i'll admit that i've been worried by the recent turn in form, but i still think that dolan will be good for the long term in the club, it's way too early to talk about dolan being sent packing. i agree that the same patience wouldn't have been shown with murphy but let's not get crazy. i mean, we could have gone clear in second with a win against drogheda.

TommyT
02/06/2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
NICE GUYS DONT WIN

I'd hotly dispute that Dolan is a nice guy, but saying he doesn't win is ridiculous.

Dricky
02/06/2003, 11:02 AM
When has Spillane ever written the truth about Cork City, he makes it up as he goes along and the echo don't question it.

As for Dolan and Guunther

Please point out what Dolan has done 'wrong' as a manager??

Neil tiktok Gunther had plenty of time. .

Colm
02/06/2003, 11:36 AM
NICE GUYS DONT WIN

Yeah but if results go our way next weekend we will be right back up there, the league is unbelievably close at present and to be in a state of panic like you seem to be is ridiculous.

@ndy
02/06/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Unlike Liam Murphy.

Why?
Because he's a nice guy. Upfront. And relates to the fans.

After the game last night, Pat walked from the players tunnel all the down the other side of the ground (to where the City fans were gathered) and said "Thanks for travelling".

Sound. The Longford fans were telling me there a few seasons ago he went to a game in the flan siro...and after at a pats game they'd ripped the p'ss outta him a few weeks earlier, he stood near the lively town fans (the lads who would now be section o) and was completely sound to them. By the end of the game they were singing 'Pat Dolan, friend of the town'.

He's a good bloke...you are right to give him your faith.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 10:53 PM
i was one of the "MURPHY OUT" brigade but what has changed
murphy had more points at this stage of the season
murphy brought in better players and is also responsible for behan
MURPHY DIDNT LEAVE OUR BEST PLAYERS GO
what ya think now?

Éanna
09/07/2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
Anyone got a version other than he agreed to stay with us at 1pm and was signed for rovers at 5pm for 50 euro more have two less training sessions to travel to Dublin for.
yup:mad: