PDA

View Full Version : Pot Kettle Black

Pages : [1] 2

gufct
11/12/2007, 1:02 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=30324

ndrog
11/12/2007, 1:20 PM
Why ? do you know what we pay our players then , can you let me know who gets what and how you know .Thanks

Louth4sam
11/12/2007, 1:36 PM
"We won’t break our wage structures. People may claim we have paid massive money in recent years but our wages come in well less than €2000 per week"

Surely that has to be either lies or a misquote. No way are drogs only spending €2000 a week. Sure teams at the top of the first division would be paying that.

Edit:Ok i read it again and he must mean per player. The way it was written seemed to suggest that the total wages was €2000

gufct
11/12/2007, 1:45 PM
26 X €2000 = €52,000 now thats some wage Bill just for players alone and I didnt question anything he said ;)

ndrog
11/12/2007, 2:00 PM
yes thats right each player is on 2 grand a week :D classic .How much are the galway players on ? Your full time arent you ?

gufct
11/12/2007, 2:12 PM
Our Football budget last year was €670,000 and the total budget was €1.2m .We are increasing our overall budget to €1.5m for this season whats Drogheda's ?

John83
11/12/2007, 2:37 PM
Our Football budget last year was €670,000 and the total budget was €1.2m .We are increasing our overall budget to €1.5m for this season whats Drogheda's ?
Drogheda spent over €1.3M on wages alone in 2005. I don't know how that figure changed in the past two seasons.

gufct
11/12/2007, 2:42 PM
yes thats right each player is on 2 grand a week :D classic ."

sorry its less than €2,000 but is that before or after TAX :D

Claret Murph
11/12/2007, 2:45 PM
NICE ONE GUFCT
Facts 2000 Euro a player up in drogs how long will this last ???????
And who's is the one to pick up the tab that's my question ???????

pateen
11/12/2007, 4:07 PM

If your budget was 670K on football, what on earth was the rest for? Are you including backroom staff and travel expenses in the football expenses?

500k approx in non football budget seems ludicrous for any club

ollie
11/12/2007, 4:11 PM
was that for the stand maybe?

BohsPartisan
11/12/2007, 4:19 PM
If your budget was 670K on football, what on earth was the rest for?

Getting everything translated into Irish?

pete
11/12/2007, 4:25 PM
Drogheda spent over €1.3M on wages alone in 2005. I don't know how that figure changed in the past two seasons.

That must have increased if you at the players released & replacements. Drogs have more players that would be deemed to be 1st team players than other clubs plus they have bigger squad.

Is 100k top wage for Drogs player pre or post tax?

Doolin has some cheek when his club probably spending 200% of revenue on wages. Not a chance in thew world 2007 revenue could match 2005 wage bill. :rolleyes:

Does he not realise that players or agents might exaggerate what they earning.

Flume
11/12/2007, 4:25 PM
NICE ONE GUFCT
Facts 2000 Euro a player up in drogs how long will this last ???????
And who's is the one to pick up the tab that's my question ???????

How is it a fact that every single player is on 2,000 a week??:rolleyes: Please read the article again.:confused: Despite what the media may lead you the believe the drogs budget prior to 2007 was not in the top 3 in the country. May just creep in there now though.

And I'd imagine the person that picks up the tab is the same as at every other club, the financial backers.

Some seem to be missing the point of the article thats actually worrying, well worrying for most clubs anyway. The fact that clubs are spending in excess of 2,000 a week on a single players wages.That is simply unsustainable. I hope we're not in that bracket.While we can afford it, theres no point in massively inflating our budget if no other club can. We could quite easily compete with bohs and drogheda without going mad on wages imo.

Bald Student
11/12/2007, 5:10 PM
Presumably none of this can be true. Is there not a wage cap starting in March?

pete
11/12/2007, 5:21 PM
Presumably none of this can be true. Is there not a wage cap starting in March?

65% of turnover may only be spent on wages. No idea what definition of revenue will be.

pineapple stu
11/12/2007, 5:37 PM
You made a loss last yaer of E80k, and are now increasing your budget by E300k. Where's the balance coming from, if you don't mind me asking?

pete
11/12/2007, 5:49 PM
You made a loss last yaer of E80k, and are now increasing your budget by E300k. Where's the balance coming from, if you don't mind me asking?

I noticed ticket prices increased a lot by GU for next season but probably not 300k worth.

Got to say GU must now have highest average crowd in the league on the back of minimal success. Next season will be big test though - will people renew season tickets after so few home wins in 2007?

pineapple stu
11/12/2007, 5:52 PM
They've increased their ticket prices, but that's doesn't necessarily translate to extra revenue. It's only two years since their average crowd was 600-ish, so I can see a lot of those new fans turning down the chance to pay a huge increase (and that's the talk on the Galway forum too). It's even possible that it'll lead to a decrease in income.

eelmonster
11/12/2007, 6:19 PM
was that for the stand maybe?

The stocks ... for the stand.

gufct
11/12/2007, 6:30 PM
yes we lost €80k but this was cleared by our board of Directors.We have a budget worked out for next season since the end of last season which has been costed with variables including a drop in saeson ticket sales if that happens.

We have Corporate Season Tickets Priced at €500 and Gold Corporate Season Tickets priced at €1,500 which should make up any loss in revenue on ordinary ticket slippages if that happens.The club has moved onto another level in the last 2 seasons and id say our off field performance last year was tops in the league and any other Premier club would be delighted to keep their losses as low as we have.

The wage cap and Licencing is the saviour if properly applied for all clubs in the league.

Student Mullet
11/12/2007, 8:37 PM
65% of turnover may only be spent on wages. No idea what definition of revenue will be.

That's fine then. If a club can afford 150,000 per player then let them go ahead. If Drogs can afford under 100,000 then let them pay that. Everyone will stick to their budget and no club will go bankrupt again.

pineapple stu
11/12/2007, 9:44 PM
yes we lost €80k but this was cleared by our board of Directors.We have a budget worked out for next season since the end of last season which has been costed with variables including a drop in saeson ticket sales if that happens.

We have Corporate Season Tickets Priced at €500 and Gold Corporate Season Tickets priced at €1,500 which should make up any loss in revenue on ordinary ticket slippages if that happens.The club has moved onto another level in the last 2 seasons and id say our off field performance last year was tops in the league and any other Premier club would be delighted to keep their losses as low as we have.

The wage cap and Licencing is the saviour if properly applied for all clubs in the league.
That's a proper bull**** answer - didn't actually answer the question at all.

Any Premier Division club would be delighted to have losses as low as yours?! Pull the other one. From the CRO, Cork made a profit of E70k to August '05 (must get me a few more recent accounts, though can't see how the overall league picture will have changed significantly), Bray made a loss of E1k to December '05, Waterford made a loss of E36k to October '05 and we made a loss of E11k in 2005. In the First Division, Kildare and Kilkenny both turned profits. So you can keep your self-important guff about how great your off-field performance was.

You're hoping on selling Gold Corporate tickets at E1,500 a pop to add an extra E300k to the budget? An extra 200 of them (assuming they were done last year; think I remember youz doing something similar last year)? That's rather a challenge.

Am I right in thinking that youz've said before that last year is the only year your losses are guaranteed?

TonyD
11/12/2007, 9:45 PM
Strange, isn't it, that Johnny Mac was in the papers over the weekend saying much the same thing - "other clubs offering silly money" "we won't break our wage structure " etc, etc. Kind of begs the question, if it ain't the Drogs and it aint Pats, then who are these clubs offering "silly money" It only really leaves Bohs and Cork, and I'm sure they'd both deny it(before fans of either, or both, jump down my throat.) So what's going on ? Surely managers couldn't be telling little porkies, and putting a bit of a spin on things, could they ?:eek:

gufct
11/12/2007, 10:01 PM
Strange, isn't it, that Johnny Mac was in the papers over the weekend saying much the same thing - "other clubs offering silly money" "we won't break our wage structure " etc, etc. Kind of begs the question, if it ain't the Drogs and it aint Pats, then who are these clubs offering "silly money" It only really leaves Bohs and Cork, and I'm sure they'd both deny it(before fans of either, or both, jump down my throat.) So what's going on ? Surely managers couldn't be telling little porkies, and putting a bit of a spin on things, could they ?:eek:

Well Bohs fans went ballistic when it was suggested they were offering €2,500.00 to ordinary players and it cant be Cork as the Times reported last week that they lost over €1m last year(stu collapses) so who is it that has all this silly money :confused::eek:

gufct
11/12/2007, 10:10 PM
That's a proper bull**** answer - didn't actually answer the question at all.

Any Premier Division club would be delighted to have losses as low as yours?! Pull the other one. From the CRO, Cork made a profit of E70k to August '05 (must get me a few more recent accounts, though can't see how the overall league picture will have changed significantly), Bray made a loss of E1k to December '05, Waterford made a loss of E36k to October '05 and we made a loss of E11k in 2005. In the First Division, Kildare and Kilkenny both turned profits. So you can keep your self-important guff about how great your off-field performance was.

You're hoping on selling Gold Corporate tickets at E1,500 a pop to add an extra E300k to the budget? An extra 200 of them (assuming they were done last year; think I remember youz doing something similar last year)? That's rather a challenge.Am I right in thinking that youz've said before that last year is the only year your losses are guaranteed?

Our gates and season tickets wouldnt make up 30% of our income stu so we have to be very professional in our fundraising.Never said we expected to make the extra €300k from season tickets we have a fully costed Budget and one of the biggest variables is season ticket sales and gates so we have to maximise all revenue streams .

If you think that el clubs are running close to break even your living in cloud cuckoo land the tuesday after the cup final Emmet Malone had an article about how Cork expected to make losses of close to €1m and they sold 2 players for record fees and won the cup .

pineapple stu
11/12/2007, 10:24 PM
If you think that el clubs are running close to break even your living in cloud cuckoo land
Yeah, I only quoted from audited, filed company accounts. :rolleyes:

gordongekko
11/12/2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I only quoted from audited, filed company accounts. :rolleyes:

What did those accounts say about shelbourne?

Student Mullet
12/12/2007, 12:37 AM
What did those accounts say about shelbourne?

The auditors refused to sign shels' accounts.

Claret Murph
12/12/2007, 6:24 AM

The club can see that a short fall and I can't see them selling as many season tickets as last year but they do hope to get two premiership clubs over to play at Terryland one in Feb and the other during race week they made 230,000 Euro from the Sunderland game last season and the club sees these matches as big earners ......

pete
12/12/2007, 10:13 AM
Fenn signed for Bohs last year as they offered him more money - I am sure he would have one of the higher earners at City.

Cork City have budgeted to lose 1m next season. Budgeting means you have the money to lose 1m but I am sure owners do not expect to lose that money.

Can we get back on topic bashing Drogs? :p

gufct
12/12/2007, 11:11 AM
No because the Drogs live within their means and Budget Of course :D

Student Mullet
12/12/2007, 11:39 AM
Fenn signed for Bohs last year as they offered him more money - I am sure he would have one of the higher earners at City.

Cork City have budgeted to lose 1m next season. Budgeting means you have the money to lose 1m but I am sure owners do not expect to lose that money.

Can we get back on topic bashing Drogs? :p
If you don't mind me asking, what's all the money being spent on?

If you're paying 65% of your revenue on players that leaves another 35% plus the million euro loss you're planning to be spend on other expenses. For the sake of the argument, that's about 1.5 million being spent on non footballing expenses, which seems a lot.

Schumi
12/12/2007, 12:09 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what's all the money being spent on?

If you're paying 65% of your revenue on players that leaves another 35% plus the million euro loss you're planning to be spend on other expenses. For the sake of the argument, that's about 1.5 million being spent on non footballing expenses, which seems a lot.That €1m is presumably being covered by the new owners and probably counts as income so 65% of it can be spent on players.

Steve Bruce
12/12/2007, 12:53 PM
Where would Linfields budget be in the LOI?

We spent nearly £600k in wages alone.

However we did make well over £100k

ifk101
12/12/2007, 12:59 PM
Where would Linfields budget be in the LOI?

We spent nearly £600k in wages alone.

However we did make well over £100k

I'd guess that Cork, Bohs, Derry, Drogheda, Galway and Pats would be above that wages figure. Possibly Sligo as well.

And it's my guess before somebody gets all flustered.

Schumi
12/12/2007, 1:06 PM
Galway quoted above as having a wage bill of €650k last season, significantly less than £600k

BobtheDrog
12/12/2007, 2:26 PM
word is that this all stems from killian brennan who was demanding a wage higher than any other player at the club, since he's since signed for bohs i would guess that they are the team that these comments are being aimed at

dcfcsteve
12/12/2007, 2:31 PM
any other Premier club would be delighted to keep their losses as low as we have.

Nonesnese.

A number of Premier clubs don't even make a loss to start with !

Steve Bruce
12/12/2007, 2:40 PM
I'd guess that Cork, Bohs, Derry, Drogheda, Galway and Pats would be above that wages figure. Possibly Sligo as well.

So about middle?

Obviously if their was an all island league, then our budget would go up considerably.

Still shows the difference in value of player in each league.

Réiteoir
12/12/2007, 3:12 PM
word is that this all stems from killian brennan who was demanding a wage higher than any other player at the club, since he's since signed for bohs i would guess that they are the team that these comments are being aimed at

The Big Club pays Big Wages - naturally we don't do things by halves (unlike our smaller cousins across the League)

It's the way of the world ofc

;)

dcfcsteve
12/12/2007, 4:01 PM
Obviously if their was an all island league, then our budget would go up considerably.

How ?

Still shows the difference in value of player in each league.

You mean 'quality'.... :D

pineapple stu
12/12/2007, 4:06 PM
How ?

Presumably the same way an All Ireland league would dramatically improve the quality of it, and make everyone want to come out and watch it all of a sudden.

Lim till i die
12/12/2007, 6:28 PM
In the First Division, Kildare and Kilkenny both turned profits.

:eek:

That's some achievement in fairness :ball:

MariborKev
13/12/2007, 11:54 AM

Our wage bill for Y/E 30.11.2006 was £393k for the year. That included all staff on and off the field though.

saint morrissey
13/12/2007, 12:26 PM
Our wage bill for Y/E 30.11.2006 was £393k for the year. That included all staff on and off the field though.

i assume thats a typo unless theres a serious fiddle going on up in the brandywell.

MariborKev
13/12/2007, 12:31 PM
I'm sitting looking at the copy of the accounts which I got at the AGM.

Staff costs £393,102 which was up from £243,285 for Y.E 31.10.05

OneRedArmy
13/12/2007, 12:49 PM
i assume thats a typo unless theres a serious fiddle going on up in the brandywell.If its any help, I raised my eyebrows at it as well....

gufct
13/12/2007, 12:59 PM
Thats about €550,000 pull the other leg lads.

MariborKev
13/12/2007, 1:01 PM
Thats about €550,000 pull the other leg lads.

No doubt Pineapple Stu or some of the other accountants on here with access to Companies House Data can provide the relevant screen shots.......

Bear in mind, that was the figures given to the Y.E 30.11.2006