PDA

View Full Version : George is gone.....

patsh
31/05/2003, 6:03 PM
According to Spillage on the BRB, George is going to Longford over the weekend with Kirby coming to City.

I really hope he is wrong.
O'Callaghan seems to be the only City player who played well today.
This is a MAJOR mistake if it's true.:mad:
Grady was f*cking terrible, and the rest of the side were not much better.

It's time for Dolan to forget the spirit of the Cork people crap, and get the f*cking act together. It's about time we started seeing some results.

foureyes
31/05/2003, 6:40 PM
Im not too disappointed he is gone. He is a moany little bitch during games, is inconsistent and doesnt work hard enough at times.

Having said that we have now eliminated virtually all creativity from the team - hurray.

tiktok
31/05/2003, 6:44 PM
Kirby is a great player, one of the league's best and should do well at city. losing george is a blow though, i've complained about his attitude in the past but he seems to have knuckled down a little, and most of the reports of him this season have been good.
the loss of such a creative player could see even more hoofing toward flynny.

patsh
31/05/2003, 6:51 PM
I think it's a disaster.
If he really goes, he will come back to haunt us.
What is Dolan up too?
George is not the player we need to get rid of, there are at least 5 or 6 that should be gone already.
Conor
Deccie because they are no good.
John Andrews, Dave Warren because they are not going to get a chance anyway,
Robbie Hederman, because we don't need him.
Why are all these guys still here, when some of them will never be picked ?

George, for all his faults, is one of our real treasures.

Soko
31/05/2003, 7:22 PM
Why would he go to Longford? A team challenging for the title maybe you could understand but Longford. No offence but they have a small fan base, are somehow worse than us and are in the middle of nowwhere.

Just doesnt make sense to me. We'll have Kirby though, thank you very much.

Colm
31/05/2003, 7:36 PM
I am so annoyed by this news, it is completly unacceptable if we lose George. There is no logical reason to sell him, he is, in my opinion, our most valuable asset and yes I am including Flynn when I say that. Who sets up almost all our goals and scores a fair few himself? Who is by far our most stylish and creative player? George O'Callaghan.

I know Kirby is a good player but he is not worth losing George for. I can't understand why we can't buy Kirby and keep George, surely we have the money, good gates, increased sponsorship etc. Somethings not right about this whole situation.

I hope to fcuk that this is more Spillane bullsh!t!

George O'Callaghan tra la la la la

Ali
31/05/2003, 7:37 PM
If its a swap George wouldn't have a choice would he. If he goes were seriously in trouble without him were ****ed hes the only creative player in the team. Is this Liam Murphy doing or is Pat Dolan in on it. I think it's a disgrace were already struggling in the League. Is Alan Kirby even any good. George is the last person he should be getting rid of as Oddboy said a lot mare people should go and George is DEFINATELY not one of them. Can't help wondering if Gunther was in charge what the reaction would be:confused:

SSS
31/05/2003, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
I think it's a disaster.
If he really goes, he will come back to haunt us.
What is Dolan up too?
George is not the player we need to get rid of, there are at least 5 or 6 that should be gone already.
Conor
Deccie because they are no good.
John Andrews, Dave Warren because they are not going to get a chance anyway,
Robbie Hederman, because we don't need him.
Why are all these guys still here, when some of them will never be picked ?

George, for all his faults, is one of our real treasures.

This is pretty much the post I was going to do tonight.
In the squad of 28, more than half should be let go before George. If Dolan doesn't rate him as a winger or striker, surely he'd be better in centre mid than Conor??

If the signing of Hedderman and the selling of George are signs of things to come....
:mad:

If there is a story behind this, it needs to be told because the club/ Dolan/ Lennox will take some flack for this decision (if it is true).

Many people come to see George and Flynn...crowds to drop I'd say.

tiktok
31/05/2003, 8:19 PM
there was a post by dodge when dolan first came to city setting out reservations he had about dolan, how he liked to control the club and loved speculating on the transfer market. at the time i thought the city set up would keep him in check, because i was under the impression that liam murphy had a very large say in bringing in and selling players, i'm no longer so sure.

kirby is a great player and would be a welcome addition to the squad, but given our current lack of ideas going forward the idea of losing george to gain kirby is unthinkable. i really hope this is spillane jumping the gun (although if dolan was given interviews to him during the week...):(

Corkman
31/05/2003, 9:10 PM
I think everyone would agree that selling George is a bad idea but Dolan's the manager and he has to get the players he wants to play for him.........On the other hand this is the same hypocrite who says he wants Cork players playing for a Cork club and wants to play good attractive football. Dolan's performance so far has been terrible. He still persists with Conor in midfield when its obvious anyone else could do better. He is playing players out of position all over the place. People said Gunther was tactically retarded but this time last year the results and the football, overall were much better.

cheekyais
31/05/2003, 9:20 PM
George, for all his faults, is one of our real treasures. [/B][/QUOTE]
IF George goes it will be a total disgrace. Yes he might have a few faults. Why would we want 2 sell him when himself Flynnie and Behan are the only players 2 have scored. And he has played alot better this season and seems more settled and even said at the last supporters meeting that even Port Vale or any other club wanted him he wouldnt leave City as he likes it here 2 much. If he goes who will bring flare 2 the matches:mad:

Ruairi
31/05/2003, 10:19 PM
Jaysis lads we're all jumping the gun a bit here aren't we?

If all the rumours since the start of the season were true, George would have left the club about 4 times already!

And to be fair, Spillage isn't the most accurate source in the world now is he??

Colm
31/05/2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
Jaysis lads we're all jumping the gun a bit here aren't we?

If all the rumours since the start of the season were true, George would have left the club about 4 times already!

And to be fair, Spillage isn't the most accurate source in the world now is he??

Yeah I've kind of been thinking that aswell over the last couple of hours.
I think (and most definately hope!) that this is probably more of Spillane talking through his hole and getting it wrong, it is quite possible that Spillane merely picked up the story from eleven a side.
Lets wait and see what transpires...

iceman
31/05/2003, 11:57 PM
For what its worth lads George was extremely lucky to score last night. Two Drog defenders lost the ball between them on the edge of the box and it landed at his feet with the keeper off his line. Any schoolboy would have scored.
On another note - Its no myth that City are poor travellers. I remember the good Cork teams of the very recent past - they travelled to Drogheda and spent the nights before and after the game in the Boyne Valley Hotel , now we have to reschedule our games to accomodate City travelling to and from the match by coach in one day. Surely its poor preperation for a match having to spend the five hours beforehand sitting in a cramped coach seat.....your players deserve better than that.
Looking forward to the return fixture.

patsh
01/06/2003, 6:01 PM
My apologies for giving any credence at all to such a complete f*ckin arsehole as N. Spillage.

Colm
01/06/2003, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
My apologies for giving any credence at all to such a complete f*ckin arsehole as N. Spillage.

Apology accepted Oddboy, hope you've learned your lesson, that lesson being never trust an idiot. And when it comes to idiots Spillane is King!!!

Neil
01/06/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Colm
when it comes to idiots Spillane is King!!!
And Noel King is Spillane....

drummer boy
01/06/2003, 7:41 PM
Alan kirby is our most consistant player. he always plays well and sometimes ok but sometimes class. but last night against ucd he just didnt look interested. maybe he is heading for cork but i really doubt that. and we already have 5 possible strikers to choose from. i dont think you have too much to worry about. kirby has a home, a job, and a very good one at that. sure he turned down an offer from waterford his home team.

SÓC
01/06/2003, 9:41 PM
Originally posted by iceman
For what its worth lads George was extremely lucky to score last night. Two Drog defenders lost the ball between them on the edge of the box and it landed at his feet with the keeper off his line. Any schoolboy would have scored

Surely your taking the **** about Georges goal, or maybe Im just remembering it with rose tinted glasses?

tiktok
02/06/2003, 3:58 AM
i thought scoring was all about being at the right place at the right time.
and please send any schoolboys as talented asd george our way.

iceman
02/06/2003, 8:18 AM
I have no doubts whatsoever about Georges talent. I merely pointed out that the goal arose from a bad defensive error and he was in the right place at the right time.
He is your best player and I hope he stays with City. For what its worth I heard from a very reliable source that Dolan has been looking at some cross-channel strikers - thats all I know.

@ndy
02/06/2003, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
dolans honeymoon period is well and truly over now!

fickle til ye die... :p

in fairness...he's only had nine games...give him a break :)