patsh
31/05/2003, 6:06 PM
According to Spillage we were sh*te.
What the f*ck is going on?

2 points from 15.
We'll be fighting relegation the way we are going...:(

iceman
31/05/2003, 6:42 PM
Have to say I was not at all impressed by City tonight. But for some very doubious offside decisions Drogs should have had 5 or 6.
Is the writing now on the wall for Dolan with only 2 points out of 5 games?

iceman
31/05/2003, 6:49 PM
Paddy Power was offering 12/1 today for the double - Drogs to beat City and Louth to beat the Dubs tomorrow - Ist half of the bet up now !!!

Seriously though - It looks like your heading for the play-off spot....not to worry ...we can always go to Craptown next season to see you playing :D :D :D

patsh
31/05/2003, 6:57 PM
If Gunther had a run as bad as this we be screaming for him to go.
I know that we must show some patience, but (no disrespect) this is f*kin Drogheda.
Ther ambition is to avoid the play-offs, we should be fighting for the championship.

Dolan needs to show us results, not lots of aspirational bullsh*t.

Colm
31/05/2003, 7:47 PM
Myler scored 2 penalties today, hope Flynny was paying close attention.;)

Neil
01/06/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by iceman
But for some very doubious offside decisions Drogs should have had 5 or 6
By the same token City could of had 6 or 7!

Flynny missed 3 good chances (never thought I'd write that!) he would have slotted them last season. Dunno what's up with him?

Murray had a header cleared off the line and Woods was unluckey to see his volley come off the back of a defender and over the bar.

I thought City played the better football throughout.
But we are lacking big time in midfield and on the wings.

The Drogheda number 2 and 7 were excellent and that was our downfall, especially when Doyler went off injuered before half time.

I think Hedderman should keep his place though.
Along with CT O'Brien in midfield for Grady.

Team for Pats:

Devine
Carey Benno Murray Hedderman
George CTOB Greg Woods
CPOB Behan

patsh
01/06/2003, 10:45 AM
from the Irish Times

Drogheda defeat travel sick Cork

Drogheda United 3 Cork City 1

31/05/03: Drogheda United punished an out-of-sorts Cork City at O2 Park this evening, condemning the Leesiders to their third defeat of the campaign.

Cork were never really at the races and Drogheda, who were still without veteran Pat Scully, took the game to the visitors from the outset and could have run out more convincing winners.

The opening goal arrived on 18 minutes when Mark Kelly's cross from the left flank was met by Declan O'Brien who slotted the ball past the despairing lunge of Michael Devine in the Cork goal.

Drogheda could, and perhaps should, have added to their tally before the break as Cork failed to inject any urgency into their play but the home side were rewarded four minutes into the second half when the impressive Andy Myler converted a penalty to double the lead.

George O'Callaghan gave the visitors faint hope 10 minutes from the end but within 60 seconds Myler had restored the two-goal advantage to secure the three points.

pconnor
01/06/2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
from the Irish Times

Drogheda defeat travel sick Cork

Drogheda United 3 Cork City 1

The opening goal arrived on 18 minutes when Mark Kelly's cross

Who the fu ck is Mark Kelly?

J.O.F.A.S
01/06/2003, 1:10 PM
Do we really care who he is?

WindmillWarrior
01/06/2003, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by Neil

I thought City played the better football throughout.
But we are lacking big time in midfield and on the wings.

Lol, are you for f*ckin real?! I think you l*ngers should stick to the bogball or the stick wars cause you certainly don't seem to know alot about football.

Eric
01/06/2003, 5:10 PM
And I think you should stick to your own clubs forum!!!!!

pconnor
02/06/2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by J.O.F.A.S
Do we really care who he is?

You should care, he tore your left full to pieces.

One Mark Quinless, theres only one Mark Quinless.

Cork did play some good stuff in the first half, there was a 10-15 minute spell where they completely out played us. The Drogs were well worth the win. O'Flynn did miss a couple of good chances, but so did the drogs. We always looked like scoring, corks defence was not able to handle us. I haven't seen the drogs put so much preassure on a defence so far this season. Cork only started to put preassure on when the drogs did the usual trick of eleven men behind the ball as soon as we go in front.