PDA

View Full Version : Michael Keane

pixiehead
10/12/2007, 9:00 PM
Lads, Do you remember the Mayo Lad Mike Keane who played back maybe 5 or 6 years ago. He used to play for Urlar United in the Mayo league if my memory serves me right( Or else someone was telling me lies back then)
Anyhow where did he go to?? Thanks

Patrick Dunne
10/12/2007, 9:40 PM
He left GUFC to go abroad, to the best of my knowledge. When he returned
he made one or two poor performances (I seem to remember him coming on as a sub against Cobh in St Colmans Pk and being sent off). He was then attached to Athenry FC for a while, haven't heard anything from him recently.

My overall impression of him was a very impressive young footballer (he would still be only in his late 20s) who was afflicted by the "bright lights, big city" syndrome, when coming to Galway. Keane formed a very good midfield partnership with Aubrey Dolan, who subsequently moved to Germany.

Paddyfield
10/12/2007, 9:53 PM
...My overall impression of him was a very impressive young footballer (he would still be only in his late 20s) who was afflicted by the "bright lights, big city" syndrome, when coming to Galway....

Don't you just hate that PD. Country lads coming in from places like Newbridge. ;)

What's the world coming to?

Patrick Dunne
10/12/2007, 9:58 PM
Galway is the graveyard of ambition for country folk. We fall in with the
townies, start drinking, going to United matches and fifteen years later we are
still hanging around the place !

eamo1
11/12/2007, 12:18 AM
they were the midfield that night we beat pats away after extra time in the cup a few years ago.they were excellent passers,both reminded me of jamie redknapp as he was playing around that time too.

gufcfan
11/12/2007, 12:58 PM

so true, i feel it taking hold...

corbyeire
11/12/2007, 2:56 PM

the truest thing ever said on this site

other classics - the aimless graduate club & a move to galway is career suicide ;)