PDA

View Full Version : eastman v duddy

paul_oshea
07/12/2007, 9:20 PM
well what do ye reckon? that eastman is tough, but he is yer typical whiny full of excuses english man.

HOpefully ill get to see this tomorrow. is it 10 the fight starts?

Torn-Ado
07/12/2007, 11:49 PM
Duddy should win on points I reckon.

shakermaker1982
08/12/2007, 11:33 AM
I've heard that Eastman is behind schedule at training camp and out of shape for this one. Eastman is as durable as they come so I think Duddy should be content enough with a points win.

gilberto_eire
08/12/2007, 12:42 PM
off topic i know but dont want to start a seperate thread....

not sure how many non-galway residents would know him, but all down here would(francie barrett), anyone know what happened to him??...

bit of background in case anyone doesnt know him.....

Francie comes from the ''hillside'' area of the city, he fought in atlanta 96 and became the 1st traveller to represent his country even carrying the flag at the opening ceremony, done well at the games themsleves getting to the quaters/semi's(?).... anyway he went to england to turn Pro and was doing well over there, came up in the paper before that he had won a fair few fights and had a decent record,

was on a forum yesterday about kiki/mccullogh and someone was saying ''kiki is over-rated go to boxrec and look up his opponents, so when i was on this site i looked up francie to see how he was doing, record was/is pretty good

but he hasnt a fight mentioned there for years, anyone know what happened him??

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=16147&cat=boxer

paul_oshea
08/12/2007, 1:27 PM
do you remember the hassle he had when he was going out to the olympics, out in america they wouldn't accept his traveller cheques :D

its only a year ago eire his last fight, but that was his fight to get near to a title shot and he was knocked out, unfortunately i doubt he will get another chance.

its funny ye mention him i was looking up traveller fights on youtube yesterday some awful funny stuff, check out this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQzYnbljZ9Y&feature=related

passinginterest
08/12/2007, 9:47 PM
Good enough fight. Going into the final round Duddy ahead on points. Eastman of five or six years ago would have won it easy, Duddy still has a lot to learn.

Torn-Ado
08/12/2007, 9:55 PM
Good fight but totally agree with PassingInterest. Eastma even two years ago would have dished out a pummelling to Duddy. Duddy has a weak defence and doesn't seem to land any powerful stinging punches. I'd be very surprised if he went on to get a world title fight.

Torn-Ado
08/12/2007, 9:56 PM
Anyhow. Im off to the pub for the big one.

Later...

passinginterest
08/12/2007, 9:57 PM
Duddy wins it on the referees decision. Not much in it. Duddy very relaxed and confident in the interview with Marty, no doubt he won the fight and happy that Eastman never really hurt him. He took a couple of very good upper cuts, no glass chin anyway.

Burny89
08/12/2007, 10:52 PM
Duddy was always in control, took some good punches and didn't even need to shake them off. Cool and confident, a future world title shot for sure!!!

His defence was alot better than previous fights. Definitely not his toughest fight tho, Yori Boy takes that honour

lofty9
08/12/2007, 11:43 PM
Good fight but totally agree with PassingInterest. Eastma even two years ago would have dished out a pummelling to Duddy. Duddy has a weak defence and doesn't seem to land any powerful stinging punches. I'd be very surprised if he went on to get a world title fight.

Agree but Duddy proved he has a great chin. He still has a lot to learn though. That was a fight that Duddy needed. A world title shot for him should be kept for the end of next year rather than March as suggested.

sligobhoy67
09/12/2007, 3:19 PM
I thought he won relatively comfortably - but Duddy was lazy and laboured all through the middle rounds and more worryingly is that every single Eastman shot landed with easy - zero lateral movement, zero slipping the jab and wheeling around, dropped left hand to expose the chin and hanging his chin out away from his chest - Palvik would break it for him if he did that against him