RockofGibraltar
07/12/2007, 5:46 PM
simple as

Keen2win
07/12/2007, 5:48 PM
Support who've we got. What state would we be in if he left:mad:

pineapple stu
07/12/2007, 5:52 PM
Bit late to be wanting people out at this stage, to be honest.

RockofGibraltar
07/12/2007, 5:55 PM
look at the mess we are in..sum1 has to be to blame..alan said he would stay if certain assurances were given..

Maz
07/12/2007, 7:22 PM
Alot of talk about budgets as I said else where, A first division budget is hard to work with I'm sure but ours will be even tighter. Hard to know really. As much as Alan has done, let us not forget all Jim has done and put into the club too.
Sad day but we are going to have to start from scratch and rebuild

Rocky77
07/12/2007, 7:26 PM
simple as

Cool your jets til we know exactly what happened.

hyundaidriver
07/12/2007, 7:47 PM
My first thought when I heard the news too. Keeping Mathews was more important to the club's future

RiffRaff
07/12/2007, 9:02 PM
My first thought when I heard the news too. Keeping Mathews was more important to the club's future

I dont agree. The clubs future has to be in producing more quality local players by developing scouting and coaching and in increasing the clubs profile locally. We all want to see de town in cup finals, but if Matthews had stayed he would probably have wanted assurances of a budget that would push us for promation, and if we got off to a bad start, we would have been in even deeper sh1t.

Cabs88
07/12/2007, 10:11 PM
I agree. If what ive heard is true,he should question his involvement in the club. Another man with not much time for fans, a memory that sticks out is carmarthen, gutted after the result, and all he said to the travelling support was "thats football lads".
The club need a radical overhall with many of the existing comitee, got the **** rid of. An open agm, where people can apply for membership needs to be called, where the true supporters who have spent their mony week in week out for the past nimber of years can voice their views on their club. Its the only way, not only that, but the supporters should not stand for the ****e of finding out about players leaving from other clubs, our pro/ promotions officer either way need to liase far more with the community than they have been. From next season, players and managers needs to be seen around schools and town, if we are to promote local soccer, but this hasnt been done in the past, so unless changes are made, i cant see it being done in the future.
I rant cos i care!

Martinho II
08/12/2007, 11:30 AM
tbh cabs if you pay ur 25 euros a mth for the supporters trust u get free membership of the club plus as well you get a vote at the clubs next agm!!!

RonnieB
08/12/2007, 11:54 AM
There should be an open agm though.

ltfc_2004
08/12/2007, 3:37 PM
well maybe now that we are down the club should organise a fans forum. Get everything on the table and let us know how serious everything is and how we as fans, players, the board can all move forward.

We need to know the financial situation, no more smoke and mirrors

Hopefully the trust might organise a meeting

max power
08/12/2007, 5:23 PM
There should be an open agm though.

don't agree, if someone wanted to be a member and have an interest they should have done it by now. Only members are allowed to an AGM and thats how i feel it should stay.

Personal thoughts, sorry to see Alan go and thats for all the memories.

Macy
10/12/2007, 7:38 AM
In fairness membership is always open. It was never restricted afaik?

A fans forum as ltfc_2004 might be the way to go. I think people will be more willing to join the trust if they see the club being open and transparent about the financial situation. It would also give the trust a chance to sell themselves again with assurances as to where the money is going. Enough of the smoke and daggers - get it, along with the plans to deal with it, out in the open.

Cabs88
14/12/2007, 11:11 AM
don't agree, if someone wanted to be a member and have an interest they should have done it by now. Only members are allowed to an AGM and thats how i feel it should stay.

thats bull****. As soon as we finished well in the first division and then got promoted, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. We had comitee members that were (are) in it for personal gain, that came out of nowhere. What the club really needs now is people who care a great deal for the club, and the clubs future. If the club are to survive, the transparency and community ethic of the club needs to be re-established.

A fans forum would be the way forward, with recognition from the club, and the platform to air their views at meetings. The fans, at the end of the day, are the lifeblood of any clubs, players, managers and sunshine supporters come and go, but the dedicated remain

Tallanted
14/12/2007, 11:14 AM
Great post Cabs, time the people who care stood up

max power
14/12/2007, 11:18 AM
thats bull****. As soon as we finished well in the first division and then got promoted, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. We had comitee members that were (are) in it for personal gain, that came out of nowhere. What the club really needs now is people who care a great deal for the club, and the clubs future. If the club are to survive, the transparency and community ethic of the club needs to be re-established.

A fans forum would be the way forward, with recognition from the club, and the platform to air their views at meetings. The fans, at the end of the day, are the lifeblood of any clubs, players, managers and sunshine supporters come and go, but the dedicated remain

fans forum yes. But as i said people have had years to become members. What personal gain are you on about ??? One person involved, yes i know he said he'd do work for the club and then sent in a big bill:rolleyes:

Longfordian
15/12/2007, 12:40 PM
In fairness nobody is gaining anything being involved. Most have put in thousands. Tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands in some cases. Fans forums would be a good idea. There definitely could be more communication. The financial situation isnt totally desperate straits at all from what I've heard. There is a tax bill but this has been reduced recently and there is money due to the club which should clear it apparently. The manager needs to be sorted but hopefully that'll be done by next week.Everyone knows the frontrunners. Remains to be seen who actually gets the job though.

Sonic
15/12/2007, 1:18 PM
In fairness nobody is gaining anything being involved. Most have put in thousands. Tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands in some cases. Fans forums would be a good idea. There definitely could be more communication. The financial situation isnt totally desperate straits at all from what I've heard. There is a tax bill but this has been reduced recently and there is money due to the club which should clear it apparently. The manager needs to be sorted but hopefully that'll be done by next week.Everyone knows the frontrunners. Remains to be seen who actually gets the job though.

Why not bring both on board. Vinny as assistant. I think everyone of us would like to see vinny there in some shape or form!

Longfordian
15/12/2007, 1:45 PM
Agree with you. I would like to see both on board in some way but it remains to be seen what way it goes. We need it sorted very soon whatever happens