PDA

View Full Version : Great Rock and Roll Moments

The Sheliban
29/05/2003, 7:49 AM
The Beatles playing Get Back on the top of a building, Jagger reading poetry in Hyde Park after Brian Jones' death, Jim Morrison exposing himself live on stage, Bowie's speech at the end of the Hammersmith Odeon concert in 72, the Pistols swearing at Bill Grundy, Jagger and Tina Turner at Live Aid.

These are moments that have gone down in rock and roll immortality. What moments, though, have there been since 1985? Is rock and roll dead? Or is it a generation thing?

noby
29/05/2003, 8:11 AM
Richie Manic carving 4REAL on his fore arm has to be mentioned.

Macy
29/05/2003, 8:33 AM
Ian Brown calling the BBC "amateurs" and telling them they were "wasting me time" live on The Late Show, after a power failure...

gustavo
29/05/2003, 10:12 AM
Kurt Cobain taking the pĂ­ss on Top of the Pops

sadloserkid
29/05/2003, 10:18 AM
The L7 chick who tossed her bloody rag into the audience at Glastonbury...

And to be fair Gustavo, Dave and Kirst pulled the proverbial on TOTP as well!

parnell ranger
29/05/2003, 10:23 AM
Wilko johnson and lee brilleau's "bury the hatchet" feelgood gig in canvey island .

noby
29/05/2003, 10:27 AM
in fairness, alot of people take the **** on TOTP.
the orb played chess through their song

sadloserkid
29/05/2003, 10:31 AM
Nick Oliviera getting arrested in Brazil for playing naked.

noby
29/05/2003, 10:40 AM
Bad Manners were banned fron Italy for 10 years

now that looks well on your rock'n'roll c.v.

Macy
29/05/2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by noby
in fairness, alot of people take the **** on TOTP.
Ian Brown (again) not even bothering to mime on TOTP...
Noel and Liam swapping roles...
Liam deliberately fooking up the line "so you think my singings out of time" during Cum on feel the Noize....

gustavo
29/05/2003, 2:13 PM
hehe yeah sorry i forgot about daves greeat drumming .

ryan adams sending on his bass player to mime the song for him during cd uk and no one noticing till paul mccartney pointed it out half an hour later.

any of the great parties freddy mercury used to have with dwarves going round with cocaine on their head

sadloserkid
29/05/2003, 2:16 PM
Pammy & Tommy's video (complete with Soul Asylum in the background)

wws
29/05/2003, 2:19 PM
shane magowan chewing something on fairytale of new york on TOTP

EVERYTHING that ronan keating does....he's crazzzy!

Ash
29/05/2003, 2:20 PM
Good while back now but Iron Maiden were on TOTP,
and were told they couldn't play live on account of the
noise. They reluctently agreed to "mime" and during the
song they intermittently swapped instruments and
acted the b*llix on stage.

It was hilarious :D

gustavo
29/05/2003, 2:28 PM
did any1 hear ian dempeys show yesterday they had paul mccartney and ronan keating voices on
ronan : how do you get the ideas for your songs paul ?
paul : well it varies ronan sometimes they just come to me like with yesterday i woke up one day and the whole song was in my head . how do your songs come to you ronan?
ronan : other people write them for me.

tiktok
29/05/2003, 11:14 PM
The original and the best,

Jerry Lee Lewis pouring petrol into and setting fire to his piano onstage while Chuck Berry watched on from the wings. They'd previously argued over who should headline the show so Lewis decided to put on a show that Berry couldn't possibly follow.

thrashing guitars is kids stuff

The Sheliban
30/05/2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by parnell ranger
Wilko johnson and lee brilleau's "bury the hatchet" feelgood gig in canvey island .

When was that? The first gig I was ever at was a Feelgoods gig, circa 75, just before Malpractice was released. Totally blew my mind.
When was the reunion gig?

The Feelgoods are still playing now, with the likes of Eddie and the Hot Rods and John Otway. Obviously Lee is no more, but do any of the original line-up remain?

Pauro 76
04/06/2003, 10:25 AM
How about Radiohead being special guests on stage during Smash Hits (or some teenybop yoke like that) concerts mid 90's along with the likes of Boyzone and that cr@p.... they played My Iron Lung, and the looks on the kids faces were priceless!!!! I also remember Pop Will Eat Itself on the Late Late Show way back and wrecking the drumkits live on stage with Gaybo looking shocked and nobody giving a round of applause!

sadloserkid
04/06/2003, 10:28 AM
Every time the Backyard Babies set foot on stage!

Crazy Swedish Rock N' Roll motherfĂșckers! :cool:

Dricky
10/06/2003, 10:43 AM
Rory Gallagher Lark by the Lee one of his last gigs

The Stunning Ruby horse and the rest were all standing at the side of the stage in awe of the man, that was a rock and roll moment.

sadloserkid
16/06/2003, 5:56 PM
Motley Crue cancelling a gig because of 'Snow on the roof' Well... it was white and powdery alright! :D

Countyman
20/06/2003, 1:36 PM
Can't remember the year but Nirvana were acting the tit at the MTV awards and bass player (Novaceck??) tossed his bass into the air and it came back down and hit him on the head sending him sprawling.

Its great when rockstars try to be cool only ending up looking like fools

sadloserkid
20/06/2003, 1:38 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
(Novaceck??)

Novoselic :D

And as a bass player let me add that there's serious bloody weight in your average bass, dropping one on somebody's head is probably the best way of concussing them! :)

Countyman
20/06/2003, 1:39 PM
My first gig was Power of Dreams in the SFX when I was 15.
The crowd were building those human Pyramid things and I turned around to see a beautiful young women leaning over exposing her wonderful chest in front of me.

Real Live boobs and rock n' roll. Its what its all about

;)

Countyman
20/06/2003, 3:40 PM
Hey SLK,
i was a bass player too. We just don't get the recognition we deserve eh :cool:

Nothing like churning out a cool bass intro before the drums and guitars lash in.

Jes..I really miss my rock n' roll years!!!!

sadloserkid
20/06/2003, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
Hey SLK,
i was a bass player too. We just don't get the recognition we deserve eh :cool:

While we are the epitome of cool, my seemingly undiagnosed craving for attention has caused me to fill the role of singer/bassist. :cool:

max power
20/06/2003, 4:03 PM
put simpley the happy mondays or form a fans point of view Feile down in thurles, ah those were the days....buckfast and supermacs for breakfast, it brings a tear to my eye.

Countyman
20/06/2003, 4:06 PM
While we are the epitome of cool, my seemingly undiagnosed craving for attention has caused me to fill the role of singer/bassist.

That was somthing I could never manage.

Fair play it ain't easy keeping a rythem going while singing.

and yes.....we are the epitome of cool :cool:

have you ever tried the riff from Nirvana's version of "The Man who sold the world".

Extremely difficult but hugely rewarding when doing it live on the back of a lorry in the square at the Derby festival in Kildare Town....ahhh the memories :) ......

....still not as good as my first sight of real live boobs :D