PDA

View Full Version : Dermot Keeley

thecorner
28/05/2003, 9:53 PM
read his article in the sun on tuesday and lads ye wont be happy

the league of ireland must be in a bad way if waterford are in second position, kept on knocking waterford

I,personally think ye r their on merit

but this man wouldnt leave it off

kept on saying, might be good for supporters that a different tem like waterford r up there but its bad for the league

A face
28/05/2003, 11:46 PM
So what about his promise to be in Europe within five years (four years now) what will he say if that happens.

Longford did the same when they came up and they have been great for the league. Keely is a fool ... i wouldn't take a tack of notice. He is probably trying to make headlines as he is not in the limelight anymore.

Anyway .... Dermot Keely .... didn't he say he was giving up on football about two years ago, sure what would he know ??

@ndy
19/06/2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by A face
So what about his promise to be in Europe within five years (four years now) what will he say if that happens.

Longford did the same when they came up and they have been great for the league. Keely is a fool ... i wouldn't take a tack of notice. He is probably trying to make headlines as he is not in the limelight anymore.

Anyway .... Dermot Keely .... didn't he say he was giving up on football about two years ago, sure what would he know ??

We interviewed Keely for STIG after the harps kildare game last season. He was completely frank and honest, and very sound to do the interview. We asked him in the bar afterwards, and he pulled us into a corner (and i was pretty drunk mind) and we proceeded. If anyone came over to interrupt he dismissed them straight away.

I see him as a football realist and a nice guy.

pete
19/06/2003, 12:10 PM
The league is very tight aside from UCD so positions don't mean too much so far.

If the Premier division is to aspire to improved standrads surely doesn't look too good if the 1st division winners can mix it so easily in the Premier?

d13bohs
19/06/2003, 12:17 PM
But there was a gulf in class between waterford and the rest of the first division last season, I see what you are saying Pete but it would help the league even less if the club that got promoted struggled all season and got relegated. I think the standard in the premier is improving (apart from us cos we seem to be going backwards :( ) and if the standard in the first divison improves at the same rate as the premier it will be beneficial to the whole league

Estar
19/06/2003, 12:21 PM
You couldn't meet a better or witty manager than Keely. I think what he was trying to say is full time pro soccer in the EL is the way forward;)

I'm sure he has nothing against Waterford or Cork even:o

@ndy
19/06/2003, 12:43 PM
When asked how long he thought before an eL club made the champions league proper he said, never.

Blue Muff
19/06/2003, 1:15 PM
Originally posted by pete
The league is very tight aside from UCD so positions don't mean too much so far.

If the Premier division is to aspire to improved standrads surely doesn't look too good if the 1st division winners can mix it so easily in the Premier?

What a load of horse ****e - theres no reason why a club like the blues cant mix it with the best. Just cause we were a first division team for a few years means jack.

All was needed was the club tp get its act together and it has. we are now reeping the rewards and doing a whole lot better than city are - And I might add playing a lot more attractive football than the big up and under that Cork are playing. The EL will be all the better for the regional clubs putting in a stonger performance making it more of a national league rather than a Dublin league

Keely is a complete ****ER

pete
19/06/2003, 2:19 PM
I wasn't saying Waterford weren't good value for their position in the league (although i haven't seen themselves live yet) just that on paper it doesn't look great when a promoted clkub move to the top of the Premier so easy.

What would people be sayinbg if a promoted club in england, spain, italy etc... was ahead of the big clubs there?

d13bohs
19/06/2003, 2:36 PM
What about Chievo Verona in Italy over the last few years? Going back a bit further, Wimbledon's rise to finish 7th in england from being a non-league club? As far as I remember Real Mallorca also finished in a European place in their first season after promotion (although I'm not 100% on this). Did you think any less of these leagues?

tiktok
19/06/2003, 7:38 PM
waterford are where they are on merit, a third of the way into the season and still there confirms that.

i thinki keeley's comments are a bit misguided, if he honestly expects Kildare county to be in europe in four years then he's obviously expects to have the same impact as waterford are having at the moment.

i wonder how he'll feel about the standard in the league if he succeeds?

Estar
19/06/2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Blue Muff

Keely is a complete ****ER

Go shave your blue muff you Waterford minger:p

Blue Muff
20/06/2003, 8:27 AM
Originally posted by Estar
Go shave your blue muff you Waterford minger:p

Hope Laois kick the S**T of yee in the Leinster Final

Estar
20/06/2003, 10:31 AM
Saw your jackass of a captain Frost v Cork City in the League Cup, does he not know when you kick a ball over your own end line it's a corner. I would have given the fat little fart (couldn't even jump for the first goal) the line.:D