View Full Version : Champions League final

Colm
28/05/2003, 7:41 PM
After extra time:
Juve 0-0 Milan
Milan win 3-2 on penalties.

A face
28/05/2003, 11:06 PM
Have seen better games though, far too defensive altogether. One great chance alright and Buffon made a great save. The peno's were brutal.

The Sheliban
29/05/2003, 7:41 AM
I only watched the pennos, and was struck by the amount of time-wasting going on.

sadloserkid
29/05/2003, 8:19 AM
I thought it was fantastic to see Trezeguet go up and shake hands with Dida after missing his penalty. That's class. Fair play David!

patsh
29/05/2003, 10:08 AM
I tought the first half was excellent. Did not see the second half or extra time (except for the last minute).
Some of those penalties were extremely poor.
One thing that annoyed me though was the references all night to Man U beating Juve, the premiership, the bizarre statement that Man U v Arsenal would be better, and the fool on TodayFM who stated in a report that "The Premiership it ain't, but it could still be worth watching"
How can these people actually see their way to doing anything when their heads are so firmly up their holes ?:rolleyes:

Tom Peppers
29/05/2003, 10:12 AM
A great game indeed Colm. But to be honest i never knew you were such a big fan of milan until last night in the pub watching it. you suprised me considering your hatred of foreign teams. But fair play anyway for coming out of the woodwork and admitting. GWA thought it was very brave of you as you have always said how much you hate any other league except for the el and you know how strong myself and gwa s support for celtic is

Macy
29/05/2003, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Peppers, we all saw the references to Milan and Juve being Irish teams, and the shed loads of people supporting them cos they are Irish....

I know I really shouldn't bite, but you're some tool if you can't see the difference...

colster
29/05/2003, 11:39 AM
Seedorf became the first player to win the Champions League at 3 different clubs last night.
I don't know about you but I've never rated him.
Last night he was absolutely rubbish. He gave the ball away a lot and didn't put in a decent cross all night.
I'm starting to actually believe that Beckham is a great player (compared to Seedorf anyway).

Schumi
29/05/2003, 1:01 PM
Juve really missed Nedved I thought. They were missing the penetration they had against Real.

gustavo
29/05/2003, 2:34 PM
seedorf is a handy player to have i guess cos he has more of a defensive bearing than rivaldo . im guessing that ancelotti found that he coulndt have both rivaldo and rui costa in the same team. also did anyone being interviewed he was in tears but still managed to compose hgimself and give an interview in a foreeign lnguage. fair play to him i felt sorry for him cos he has a bad history with penalties.

Colm
29/05/2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers
A great game indeed Colm. But to be honest i never knew you were such a big fan of milan. you suprised me considering your hatred of foreign teams.

I don't have a hatred of foreign teams just people who support them over el teams.
Anyway there's a bit of a difference between AC Milan and Glasgow Celtic I'd say. I love Serie A and La Liga it's just the Celtic/Premiersh!t loving muppets in this country that I don't like.

gustavo
30/05/2003, 7:02 AM
so its ok to love one foreign league but not another

patsh
30/05/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Colm
I love Serie A and La Liga it's just the Celtic/Premiersh!t loving muppets in this country that I don't like.
I see what you are getting at Colm, but there is a teeny weeny contradiction there !;)

Colm
30/05/2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
I see what you are getting at Colm, but there is a teeny weeny contradiction there !;)

Ok time for clarification me thinks! I enjoy watching games from Serie A and La Liga but I don't support any of their teams, i support CCFC and only CCFC.
I don't really have anything major against Premiership teams either just Irish people who support them ahead of EL teams.

yur man
30/05/2003, 12:02 PM
i enjoyed the final. sometimes finals arent the spectacle we wud like, but the importance of the occasion makes the games very tense. i thought the fans were great, bangin drums and singin all the way through. i thought the itv presenters were rubbish. sayin it was dull etc. ****s. it was tense, not dull

that gatusso is pretty handy, legged it all the pitch for the whole game. i was glad milan won

patsh
30/05/2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by yur man
that gatusso is pretty handy, legged it all the pitch for the whole game. i was glad milan won
If we are ever lucky enough to see him play here in Ireland, I suppose the usual arseholes will be booing him..:rolleyes:

Éanna
30/05/2003, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
the usual arseholes
i think those are precisely the people colm is referring to