PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Announcement

Pages : [1] 2

luka
05/12/2007, 1:43 PM
Lads,

The following has just be released regarding 2008 Season Tickets

Season Ticket pricing can only be set at the AGM so there will be no official pricing structure released for the forthcoming season until after the AGM has taken place in Febuary. However, the Club has agreed that deposits can be accepted from people wishing to purchase a Season Ticket(s) as an XMas present.

Only a deposit of E200 will be accepted toward tickets and this deposit needs to be paid in full. After the AGM, when the pricing structure is in place, and ratified by the Committee, those of you who paid the deposit, will in turn be invoiced for any outstanding balance.

If you intend to buy an OAP Season Ticket as a gift then a E100 deposit will be required also.

Conditions of doing things this way are as follows:

A: The pre-purchased (deposit) Season Ticket does not entitle the purchaser or holder of same to Voting Rights at the Febuary 2008 AGM

B: Once pricing has be ratified by the Committee, the purchaser agrees to be invoiced for any outstanding balance on the overall value of the ticket(s)

There WILL be a Student Ticket available and you will be required to pay E100 deposit if you want it in advance as an XMas present. You will also be required to produce your Student (Third Level) ID Card before purchase. You also agree to be invoiced the balance after ratification of pricing at AGM.

The Club are also looking at pricing for Under 18s

Existing Members can drop deposits into Angela at the Club with your Name, Address etc, however, for new members there will be an application form process to be completed. These forms will be available from the Club by the end of this week.

Cici900
05/12/2007, 1:48 PM
Lads,

The following has just be released regarding 2008 Season Tickets

Perfect will place mine in nxt few days

MojoPin
05/12/2007, 2:44 PM
all well in good but is there an assurance from the club that another 200 wont be needed after the price is set? great to see that the season ticket will be available for xmas...

rambler14
05/12/2007, 4:12 PM
Great news but i have a few questions luka:

Is there a student season ticket?

Is it the same rate as an OAP season ticket?

Where do you put the deposit down?

luka
05/12/2007, 4:16 PM
Great news but i have a few questions luka:

Is there a student season ticket?

Is it the same rate as an OAP season ticket?

Where do you put the deposit down?

Will make a call and update/modify the original post a bit later with full info

MojoPin
05/12/2007, 4:17 PM
cheers.. any chance of a ball park figure? 300 or less?

rambler14
05/12/2007, 4:18 PM
Thank You!

luka
05/12/2007, 4:33 PM
Starting post is now updated

bellavistaman
05/12/2007, 4:35 PM
HA tax dodging *******s!!!!:D:D:D

don ramo
05/12/2007, 5:15 PM
doesnt affect me, but why has the student ticket disappeared all of a sudden, seems fair that if an OAP gets a knock down price a student does, and also if you purchase a season ticket for an upcomin season, it stand to reason that you have a say in who is runing the club,
E300 maybe for family ticket, seems a bit much, id say E50 hike at most, id pay E300 no prob, but others may not be able,

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 5:36 PM
things really havent been cleared up so u pay 200 for a present then you get a bill after christmas which could be for another 100, sounds stupid. small minded again lads committee is there to make decisions for club, this isnt a decision to go to war it is a season ticket, this crappy way will put a lot of people off club should have come up with a final price told people and people would then decide to buy it knowing how much, how many can afford to pay 200 now and then when christmas is over and all the money is gone try and find another 100 or so for the club
easiest thing would have been to say ticket price for next year hasnt been finalised but as a goodwill jesture to our loyal fans who stood by us through the years we will be offering season tickets at price of 200 euro pre christmas paid in full, post christmas ticket price will be sett according to AGM

THAT WOULD BE SENSE INSTEAD OF THIS CRAP, REALLY P*SSED OFF ARE WE GOING FORWARD OR BACKWARDS, WHAT A BUNCH OF TIMMYS:mad:

luka
05/12/2007, 5:49 PM
things really havent been cleared up so u pay 200 for a present then you get a bill after christmas which could be for another 100, sounds stupid. small minded again lads committee is there to make decisions for club, this isnt a decision to go to war it is a season ticket, this crappy way will put a lot of people off club should have come up with a final price told people and people would then decide to buy it knowing how much, how many can afford to pay 200 now and then when christmas is over and all the money is gone try and find another 100 or so for the club
easiest thing would have been to say ticket price for next year hasnt been finalised but as a goodwill jesture to our loyal fans who stood by us through the years we will be offering season tickets at price of 200 euro pre christmas paid in full, post christmas ticket price will be sett according to AGM

THAT WOULD BE SENSE INSTEAD OF THIS CRAP, REALLY P*SSED OFF ARE WE GOING FORWARD OR BACKWARDS, WHAT A BUNCH OF TIMMYS:mad:

Yes, but then how do you justify having two different prices for the same ticket. Buying before XMas should entitle you to a E100 discount should it, as you'd be seeing the same games as the guy next door who paid 300 after XMas. Pants!!

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 5:56 PM
it would be better to create a good will with fans better to get 300 buying at 200 euro than 100 buying at 300, i would like to have got a season ticket for christmas but i dont want to person buying it having to pay now and then pay later seems stupid and by the way its my opinion which i am entitled too so , :mad:

don ramo
05/12/2007, 6:03 PM
a few clubs do that, its a good incentive, helps get set up for the upcoming season to have cash in the hands for plannin,
but you have to have a price set, obviousley E100 offset is a bit much, say an offset of E30 or E40 would be ok,
i know under the rules it must be set at the AGM, that has to be altered in some way (the catch 22, need an AGM to alter it) in order to capatalise on the christmass market, we will get a good bit of money either way, but will definately get more pre christmass than post,

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 6:08 PM
Yes, but then how do you justify having two different prices for the same ticket. Buying before XMas should entitle you to a E100 discount should it, as you'd be seeing the same games as the guy next door who paid 300 after XMas. Pants!!

did you ever fly ryanair , basically what your saying is if i book my fkight ticket a couple of months in advance and get it for 200 euro and you book your 2 months later and get it for 300 hundred euro then i shouldnt be allowed on the same flight as you , that is called incentivised marketing something the club lacks:mad:

rambler14
05/12/2007, 6:20 PM
No student season ticket:eek:

What a load of s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!

don ramo
05/12/2007, 6:20 PM
ramfans i agree with you, but the law of the club doesnt allow for season ticket prices to be made out before the AGM, luka is only passing on a message no need to attack him like that, the club have givin the option, im not happy with it, but under the laws of the club that is the most there alllowed to do,

bellavistaman
05/12/2007, 6:21 PM
why old ****? whats old about it

rambler14
05/12/2007, 6:22 PM
why old ****? whats old about it

Turn of phrase. No crack at the club intended

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 6:22 PM
sorry if i offended but this club would frustrate the crap out of ya,:o

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 6:29 PM
lads my reasoning is this , take ten minutes to look at all the other prem clubs we are starting to fall behind already, these small things like season tickets accumulate like asnowball going down a hill and if we are to have any chance then we need to be ahead of the game not slipping off the tail

definitely thing there should be a motion or something at AGM to allow committee decide ticket price independent of agm surely this could be allowed to stop this fiasco in future:mad:

luka
05/12/2007, 6:53 PM
lads my reasoning is this , take ten minutes to look at all the other prem clubs we are starting to fall behind already, these small things like season tickets accumulate like asnowball going down a hill and if we are to have any chance then we need to be ahead of the game not slipping off the tail

definitely thing there should be a motion or something at AGM to allow committee decide ticket price independent of agm surely this could be allowed to stop this fiasco in future:mad:

True, but at the moment that isn't the case I guess. The simple fact of the matter is that the Club are willing tho accomodate the cries for XMas presents in the way of Season Tickets. No-one said there would be a jump of E100 on top of the E200 pre-paid deposit. My guess is that a season ticket will jump from 200 to about 250. I'd consider that very reasonable for a Premier Club.

rambler14
05/12/2007, 9:14 PM
Did they give any reason as to why they arn't offering a student season ticket?
Thats my xmas present out the window!:mad: Not only mine, there are people all over town looking for them especially a student seson ticket.
It's a shocking decision by the club! One of the worst in a long time.:mad:

MojoPin
06/12/2007, 12:15 AM
so if if someone decides too buy me a season ticket for xmas for 200 euro they face the possibility of having to pay an extra 100 euro after the agm????? whereas if i hold off i can get it for the same price?

i fail to see the incentive of buying one before xmas its like taking a leap into the unknown as you are contracturally bound to pay the full amount if you pay the first 200!!!

and another thing (marco im not taking a dig at you as you have no say in the matter as such) there should be a student ticket i for one cant afford to pay lets say 250 euro too see half the home games of a season due to college committments i know its a personal problem but us students in general should not have to pay full wack to suport a team we love, if the club are trying to encourage young people to come why push them away by abolishing a ticket price that has been around for years

ramsfan
06/12/2007, 6:19 AM
mojo totally agree said this earlier and was shot down:mad:

chimpster
06/12/2007, 6:40 AM
A few comments (excuse me for shouting):

1. I can fully understand why the season ticket price needs to be set by the 2008 committee after the AGM, so...

2. WHY THE F*** IS THE AGM TAKING PLACE ONLY A MONTH BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS!!! This is unbelievable. The biggest season in the club's history and the newly-elected committee will have about 4 weeks (part-time) available to plan, sign players, sell season tickets, etc. Madness.

3. Please please please will anyone who is a paid-up member put forward a motion in advance of the AGM to change it to late Nov or early Dec?!!! The date was changed when we moved to a summer season so it can be done.

I agree with Mo and the others that a student season ticket is needed. Can't see why the club can't accommodate our loyal tax dodgers.

drinkfeckarse
06/12/2007, 7:46 AM
so if if someone decides too buy me a season ticket for xmas for 200 euro they face the possibility of having to pay an extra 100 euro after the agm????? whereas if i hold off i can get it for the same price?

It's not difficult lads. Anybody buying a season ticket for Christmas KNOWS that that is not the end cost. Don't buy someone one if you're not prepared to pay more. Lets face it and have a bit of comon sense here, it's more than likely going to be another €50 on top of that, not another €200.

People moaned that the club were missing the boat by not having season tickets available. The club improvised accordingly considering they can't yet set the price of them and people are still moaning!?

luka
06/12/2007, 7:52 AM
It's not difficult lads. Anybody buying a season ticket for Christmas KNOWS that that is not the end cost. Don't buy someone one if you're not prepared to pay more. Lets face it and have a bit of comon sense here, it's more than likely going to be another €50 on top of that, not another €200.

People moaned that the club were missing the boat by not having season tickets available. The club improvised accordingly considering they can't yet set the price of them and people are still moaning!?

Well said DFA. If only people could see things in that light instead of moaning when being accommodated

gee wizz
06/12/2007, 7:59 AM
Why cant they set the price its not rocket science,what are they waiting for is it to see how many they get to stump up 200 notes before christmas and if there arn't that many jack up the price,and to be honest cant see many people giving 200 notes to the ramblers and not knowing how much extra they have to pay,especially after the farce that was the draw

MojoPin
06/12/2007, 8:05 AM
i know its a great that the club is trying to accomodate the fans but the stuent ticket is gone thats my main gripe

drinkfeckarse
06/12/2007, 8:06 AM
Why cant they set the price its not rocket science,what are they waiting for is it to see how many they get to stump up 200 notes before christmas and if there arn't that many jack up the price,and to be honest cant see many people giving 200 notes to the ramblers and not knowing how much extra they have to pay,especially after the farce that was the draw

What part of "The price can only be set at the AGM" do you not understand?

luka
06/12/2007, 8:07 AM
Why cant they set the price its not rocket science

Nor is it Rocket science to understand that the Club are simply helping out those who want the tickets as XMas presents for others.

what are they waiting for is it to see how many they get to stump up 200 notes before christmas and if there arn't that many jack up the price

Why the blinkered visions Gee Wizz? Read through the entire thread to get your answers.Avtually, I'll help you out:

Ticket Price set at AGM
AGM = February

drinkfeckarse
06/12/2007, 8:08 AM
i know its a great that the club is trying to accomodate the fans but the stuent ticket is gone thats my main gripe

That's a fair point Mojo but until we hear officially from the club that it is DEFINATELY gone then we don't know for certain. If it is gone then that is a big mistake but I'd be shocked if that were the case.

gee wizz
06/12/2007, 8:20 AM
whens the AGM a month before the start of the season,and its not blinkered its common sense you wouldnt let a builder tell you a wall or extension is a certain amount this week but in 2 months time i'll have the real price for you come on i think ye are the ones blinkered or have ye forgotten about the draw(which i bought a ticket for just in case ye think i dont support the club):mad:

luka
06/12/2007, 8:20 AM
That's a fair point Mojo but until we hear officially from the club that it is DEFINATELY gone then we don't know for certain. If it is gone then that is a big mistake but I'd be shocked if that were the case.

The statement that was made yesterday to moi was that 'there is no Student ticket'. I'd not have posted it if I didn't receive it officially so unless the Club do a u-trun on this, the ticket doesn't exist.

gee wizz
06/12/2007, 8:22 AM
The statement that was made yesterday to moi was that 'there is no Student ticket'. I'd not have posted it if I didn't receive it officially so unless the Club do a u-trun on this, the ticket doesn't exist.

a u-turns,ye defo a prem team now

luka
06/12/2007, 8:22 AM
whens the AGM a month before the start of the season,and its not blinkered its common sense you wouldnt let a builder tell you a wall or extension is a certain amount this week but in 2 months time i'll have the real price for you come on i think ye are the ones blinkered or have ye forgotten about the draw(which i bought a ticket for just in case ye think i dont support the club):mad:

Builders and Draws really have nothing to do with the Season Ticket thing, unless of course your intention is to attempt to drag up dead and buried issues.

drinkfeckarse
06/12/2007, 8:28 AM

Me bad, hadn't read it in full Luka :o. Very strange decision to say the least and without a doubt it's a bad error. Some people will not like like being railroaded into taking a full adult ticket when they can't really afford to.

gee wizz
06/12/2007, 8:35 AM
Builders and Draws really have nothing to do with the Season Ticket thing, unless of course your intention is to attempt to drag up dead and buried issues.

just putting it in to prospective not trying to stir it,just some food for thought all though it seems the same mistakes will be carried on been made by the club if that is yer opinion that things are dead and buried you should always see the bigger picture:rolleyes:

luka
06/12/2007, 8:58 AM
Right......made some calls. There WILL indeed be a Student Ticket next season. You will be required to produce your Student (Third Level) ID Card to get one though. If these are required for XMas pressies then you will need to pay E100 deposit to secure one and be invoiced for the balance after the AGM when pricing has been ratified.

Ticket pricing for Under 18s is being looked at.

Now: Very Important Note Below;

Don't go having a go at me for all the fuss in the above posts. I was simply the carrier

gee wizz
06/12/2007, 9:04 AM
Right......made some calls. There WILL indeed be a Student Ticket next season. You will be required to produce your Student (Third Level) ID Card to get one though. If these are required for XMas pressies then you will need to pay E100 deposit to secure one and be invoiced for the balance after the AGM when pricing has been ratified.

Now: Very important Note;

Don't go having a go at me for all the fuss in the above posts. I was simply the carrier

Nice one Luka,wasnt trying to shot the messanger

MojoPin
06/12/2007, 10:56 AM
seriously LUKE i dont think anyone was having a go at you i personally wasnt ive just got a student season tuicket for a couple of years now and then it vanishes when we get promoted.... nice to see the club is doing their best to facilitate everybody in the club first xmas market now students

rambler14
06/12/2007, 1:18 PM

Now: Very Important Note Below;

GREAT NEWS! It'll be a happy christmas in my house after all.:D

luka
08/12/2007, 11:25 AM
Rumour has it that a single Adult Season Ticket will be E250 for next year which I personally don't think is too harsh lads. Anyone think different? I also heard, but not officially of course, that a Family Ticket would be E350

Rams-07
08/12/2007, 11:32 AM
Thats not too bad a jump for Adult ticket,even though it went up 50euro last season also.The family price is a huge jump and i cant see too many paying this.
Anyway these price increases have to be approved at the AGM by the members in accordance with the Constitution and as this probably wont be held till February these prices structures could chang by then.

luka
08/12/2007, 11:36 AM
Thats not too bad a jump for Adult ticket,even though it went up 50euro last season also.The family price is a huge jump and i cant see too many paying this.
Anyway these price increases have to be approved at the AGM by the members in accordance with the Constitution and as this probably wont be held till February these prices structures could chang by then.

I do tend to concur with your views regarding the Family pricing thing. It does seem like a bit aof a rather large hike. I think they're looking at it in the wrong light. I'd have been mighty happy with just a fifty increase :p Mind you though, as we're now Premier I suppose the players' wages will increase and we also have two or three Chairmen to take care of as well :eek:

don ramo
08/12/2007, 11:54 AM
thats a good way, the family ticket entitles you to two votes at the AGM, and also allows 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids) entry to a game, so for E100 you get an extra vote and 3 more people in the gate, that seem about right to me.

luka
08/12/2007, 12:10 PM
thats a good way, the family ticket entitles you to two votes at the AGM, and also allows 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids) entry to a game, so for E100 you get an extra vote and 3 more people in the gate, that seem about right to me.

Aye. It's almost right but last year a family ticket was 250 and a single was 200. This year a single is 250 and a family id 350......jump of 100. I'd have thought the pricing leap would have stayed averagish across the board. Why not just increase all tickets by fifty. Don't get me wrong, I can see the lodgic behind it but...........

MojoPin
08/12/2007, 12:17 PM
250 for a family ticket is way too cheap for last year should have been 300.... getting 4 people to every game and two AGM votes for 250 was too good to be true

don ramo
08/12/2007, 1:49 PM
but one vote, get a second half-price:D