PDA

View Full Version : A couple of big priced ante post bets

Dodge
05/12/2007, 11:36 AM
(Although technically they're not ante post, and could even be classed as in running)

I've the Minnesota Viikings backed at 100 to win the Superbowl. Currently the form team in the NFC (bar Cowboys), they started poorly but have two class running backs which will help them in poor weather. If they get the wild card spot they'll probably play either Seattle or San Diego. I'd back the vikiings in either of those games. Their price will plummet as they near a play off spot so ample trading oppurtunities IMO. Obviously they're not guarenteed a play off spot yet but they're going forward while the likes of the Lions are fading quickly.

I've backed Frank Rijkarrd at 150 for the England job. Has indicated this will be his last season with Barca. Speaks perfect English and has already managed a national side (Holland). Seems to have the quiet dignity the FA will look for and an openness with the media too. I@ve also a fiover on Steve Coppell at 50/1 in case they go with an English man. Can't see anyone more qualified than him

I think there's far worse punts out there

gustavo
05/12/2007, 11:42 AM
Wont Riijkaard want to see out the season with Barca though , unless the English are prepared to wait for him

Dodge
05/12/2007, 11:47 AM
I think the English may be prepared to wait as the next qualifiers don't start until September/October and the only unemployed candidate is Mourinho.

There's loads of reason why he's 150/1, I'm jus giving a few why I think he's overpriced and worth a €5 punt

JC_GUFC
11/12/2007, 10:20 AM
I know nothing about football of the American sort but look out for results and enjoy watching the odd match but have been noticing the Vikings recent good form, which seems to count for a lot in American Sports.
Also they have the league's best running offence and defence so I may follow your advice and have a sly bet as they do look like they'll make the playoffs now.

Dodge
11/12/2007, 11:51 AM
The Vikings remaining games are at home to Chicago (effectively out), home to Washington (again, probably out and with a weak run defense) and last game is at Denver 9with the worst run defense in the league). I'd be fairly confident they'd win 2 of those 3 (I actually think they'll win all 3).

They'll be 6th seeds and play the 3rd seeds who are either Seattle or Tamba Bay. I think they'll beat Tamba Bay but Seattle will be harder. They'd then have to play the cowboys in Dallas. They played earlier this year and dallas won 24-14 but even tht was close with dallas blocking a field goal and returning it for a TD which in the end was the difference. The Vikings have improved considerably since then. Last week they were available at 125/1 in Ladbrokes. As ever shop around for best price

Risteard
11/12/2007, 2:17 PM
I've backed Frank Rijkarrd at 150 for the England job. Has indicated this will be his last season with Barca. Speaks perfect English and has already managed a national side (Holland). Seems to have the quiet dignity the FA will look for and an openness with the media too.

But people said he indicated that last season aswell.
+ The bigger question is whether he'd want the job. I'm sure he'd pick up a big job in Italy and did i read that the Dutch job was available soon?
Long odds alright though.

Dodge
11/12/2007, 2:33 PM
He won't take the Dutch job again.

He's been touted for the Milan job for years. He mightn't want to break from club football.

the English FA are looking for a "world class manager" who speak English. Not too many of them about.

gustavo
17/12/2007, 10:09 AM
Hope you still have money for Christmas Dodge:)

Dodge
17/12/2007, 10:37 AM
Yep, its the poorhouse for me

JC_GUFC
19/12/2007, 2:45 PM
Until the Vikings win the Superbowl at least eh?! ;)

Dodge
19/12/2007, 3:02 PM
Yep. What odds are "we" now? can't access odds now

JC_GUFC
19/12/2007, 3:05 PM
Not much of a move yet 66s with the bookies - just under 80 with Betfair.

Dodge
19/12/2007, 3:08 PM
BTW I'm more convinced than ever that they'll at least get to the NFC semis

JC_GUFC
24/12/2007, 11:02 AM
How about now after last night's disaster?! ;)

They'll be lucky to get a WC spot.

Dodge
24/12/2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah need to win last and hope Redskins lose to Cowboys.

Still thnk they will be in though