PDA

View Full Version : City Jerseys - Help Needed!

Citymark
14/08/2001, 7:46 PM
Would anybody have a list of all the various CCFC jerseys that were ever worn by City? Who can forget the 'pyjamas' worn against Cwmbran or the infamous 'Black Kit'! Most I know but am not familiar with any pre 1988. I'm looking for colour and design and years worn (if possible).

Email me on markinwexford@eircom.net

joe
14/08/2001, 7:52 PM
AFAIK the first City jersey, back in '84, was a green and white hooped effort with red trimming.

Neil
14/08/2001, 8:04 PM
That would be correct. It was the same as the QPR jersey at the time (ye know the way used to take a jersey they make for some other team and adapt it for City). AFAIK this style jersey was used for 4 seasons (???) I remember the '87 League Cup final against Rovers in the Cross, we were wearing it that day. Thinking back, did we not wear that jersey during the Cup run of '89? Then we got the new 'West Germany style' jersey for the final.

I must be wrong though - did we wear the same style jersey for 5 seasons?!!!

Citymark
14/08/2001, 9:56 PM
If my memory is right, didn't the club have a procession of all the jerseys at the 10th aniversary match against Leeds (I think it was Leeds) in Bishopstown in 1996/97?? I wasn't there but I remember seeing it on RTE! This ring abell with anybody??

Gerry Desmond
15/08/2001, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by neil
I remember the '87 League Cup final against Rovers in the Cross, we were wearing it that day

In the 87 LC final City wore a reverse strip of red and white hoops with green trim! Honestly....

Gerry